Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 05:19 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Harry, you're wrong on this one, I believe. Here's but one link - there are many:

https://dui.drivinglaws.org/resource...-at-trial.html

And specific to GA:

https://www.teamdui.com/can-i-be-arr...rge%20of%20DUI.
OMG these laws are awful. I have come out of a party drunk and fell asleep in my car. I didnt drive the car, just fell asleep until I woke up sober. These laws are WAY too broad.

Edit: I just found out that I cant rep you again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 05:44 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,325,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Still irrelevant in this instance, the guy was not just in the parking lot, he was passed out drunk with his car on in the drive thru lane. The cop woke him up and the guy went to park his car and bumped up over the curb. The DUI was a slam dunk even without the failed roadside sobriety test and the failed breathalyzer.
Actually the officer woke him up, he then went back to sleep again and the officer had to wake him up a second time, then he drove his car over the curb will attempting to park it!

Old 06-19-2020, 01:10 AM

264 posts, read 100,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Higher car and home ins rates due to living in high risk areas (crime, riots, etc) plus low credit scores.

Adverse credit scores from not paying bills on time, establishing lines of credit...none of the 3 credit unions have any score for "race". It is strictly on credit lines, payment history, debt usage, inquiries, age of credit.

Mortgage rates are dependent on type of loan, amount financed, amount of dn pmt, time on job, debt to income and credit score. Race is not a factor, and in fact, if it concerned someone that it might affect them, most every mortgage co has online apps, and you never even see a lender, so they have no idea of your race. Redlining has not occured in years. I've been a realtor for 11 yrs and never heard of it happening in any brokerage. We don't care where someone wants to buy. We just want to help them buy a home they like.
Infant mortality rates can be dependent on mom's health, drug use, nutrition, prenatal care, etc. All of that affects mortality. Since more black women are single parents, live in poverty, they most likely have poorer health, less prenatal care, and are less educated about proper prenatal care.

As was initially stated, "...with all things being equal..."

Suggestion is to objectively review the historical studies/research.

There are vestiges of racism that persist. That is not disputable.

Racism, implicit and explicit, results in stress that can directly result in adverse health outcomes and a shortness of life. That is not disputable.

Credit lines, payment history, debt usage, age of credit, amount of down payment, time on job, debt to income ratio, etc. is correlated with employment.

In too many instances, the salary that one receives is contingent on not only the gender but also on the ethnicity of the employee. With all other things being equal.

Salary is correlated with employment.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:23 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
In too many instances, the salary that one receives is contingent on not only the gender but also on the ethnicity of the employee.
That's illegal. Have you reported these employers?

Old 06-19-2020, 09:48 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
As was initially stated, "...with all things being equal..."
Suggestion is to objectively review the historical studies/research.
There are vestiges of racism that persist. That is not disputable.
Racism, implicit and explicit, results in stress that can directly result in adverse health outcomes and a shortness of life. That is not disputable.
Credit lines, payment history, debt usage, age of credit, amount of down payment, time on job, debt to income ratio, etc. is correlated with employment.
In too many instances, the salary that one receives is contingent on not only the gender but also on the ethnicity of the employee. With all other things being equal.
Salary is correlated with employment.
Yes, you're right but auto insurance rates are determined in part by zip code

Old 09-12-2021, 08:04 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Rayshard Brooks’ estate is suing the city of Atlanta, APD officers

Quote:
Brooks’ widow claims officers were intentional about using excessively deadly force and failed to administer medical aid after shooting her husband in June 2020

The widow of 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks, the man who was fatally shot after an interaction with two Atlanta police officers, is suing the City of Atlanta and the officers for his death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies