Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 04:04 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
The problem is twofold...
If a criminal takes away a cop's taser and uses it on them, they can incapacitate the cop, making it possible for the criminal to take the cops gun and kill the cop .

2. Many tasers look al.ost identical to a gun. If a cop has 2 seconds to determine if a "weapon" is a gun or not when it is pointed at them, they could be killed, if it is a gun. Police arent given the luxury of waiting to determine exactly what object is being pointed at them.

Easy solution to most shootings...don't resist arrest, do exactly as cops say. You most likely won't get shot.

Precisely. I notice cops tasers all the time because typically they carry them on their left side since most people are right handed so I see what looks like a gun at first glance and go ooo what kind is that then see the yellow and lose interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 04:36 AM

23,985 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What?? You’re blaming the officers for not being able to keep his weapon out of the hands of a drunk instead of blaming the drunk for stealing an officer’s weapon?!

If someone breaks into my house and steals my jewelry, would you blame me for not being able to keep the burglar out of my house?
Yeah. We all have a duty to protect our stuff. Thieves are everywhere.

Ever have your house on the market? The first thing the agent tells you is to get valuables out of sight.

In this case where a drunk falls asleep in the drive through line, the police should have enough training and knowledge to control a drunk. Atlanta cops say a taser is not a lethal weapon. They had his car. He could have just run off and slept it off. They could have arrested him when he claimed his car. Shooting him in the back was not required.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:47 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Unbelievable.

once again, We have a Democrat African-American Mayor, a Democrat selected white female police chief, and a majority Black Democrat City Council.

Who are they going to blame now?
The police officers of course! And don’t forget Trump! And white people and ...pretty much anyone and anything other than the criminal.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:54 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So we have one of these types. Let me guess, you voted for Trump.

Some people are so blinded that they can't see that force should be proportional and fit the situation.. Deadly force should always be the last resort.
I've never voted in my life. I'm too apathetic and I loathe all politicians equally, they alll seem like shysters to me. Trump doesn't come across as terribly bright IMO. If I HAD voted it would have been for Ben Carson, because he seems smart. I despise criminals of any and all races; I am an equal opp misanthropist.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:56 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
This is not a George Floyd type incident. Look at the entire video. The cops were right in their use of force.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:57 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Wonder when we will hear the real reason he resisted arrest. No one would take such drastic and stupid life limiting action over a DUI.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Yeah. We all have a duty to protect our stuff. Thieves are everywhere.

Ever have your house on the market? The first thing the agent tells you is to get valuables out of sight.

In this case where a drunk falls asleep in the drive through line, the police should have enough training and knowledge to control a drunk. Atlanta cops say a taser is not a lethal weapon. They had his car. He could have just run off and slept it off. They could have arrested him when he claimed his car. Shooting him in the back was not required.
Oh for cryin out loud..

Quote:
to control a drunk.
Yeah, because drunken idiots ALWAYS behave in a predictable manner...

Quote:
Atlanta cops say a taser is not a lethal weapon.
and you believed that?
Quote:
He could have just run off and slept it off.
Idiot could have also NOT assault 2 cops and steal a weapon.

Good lord..i cannot believe you are actually defending that idiot.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:03 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What?? You’re blaming the officers for not being able to keep his weapon out of the hands of a drunk instead of blaming the drunk for stealing an officer’s weapon?!

If someone breaks into my house and steals my jewelry, would you blame me for not being able to keep the burglar out of my house?

Completely backward world we're living in these days. SMH

Old 06-14-2020, 05:10 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Tomorrow we'll see rioting because there's no Wendy's in the neighborhood.
Yup.

“We burned it down! That will show Wendy’s for calling the police!”

“Next time just leave drunken passed out DUI folks blocking the drive through alone. Racist Wendy’s!”

Old 06-14-2020, 05:15 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Don’t worry, Biden will solve this by ughh banning DUIs

That’s right, everyone has a civil right to pass out drunk in the middle of a drive through.

Wendy’s should expect some lawsuits! How dare they call those racist cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies