Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 08:18 AM

590 posts, read 555,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't know how he could pass out in a drive through without being drunk, I have seen plenty of belligerent drunks with ability to fight.
And have the ability to run away as fast as a football player running for a touchdown and turn around then point a taser at the police officer? That's why I suspect he was on some kind of drug(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 08:20 AM

124 posts, read 146,099 times
Default Atlanta: Shooting of Rayshard Brooks was justified, video footage confirms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6lAQFHtGM

Why did Atlanta fire a cop over this shooting? After resisting arrest and attacking the cops, the suspect grabs a tazer gun from an officer and runs off, then the suspect turns around and fires the tazer gun at the chasing officer, and the officer returns fire with his gun. This was a justified shooting in my opinion and I think most rational people would agree. If the suspect had tazzed the officer, imobilizing the officer, he could have taken the officer's gun and killed him with it. There's absolutely no rational reason to protest this incident, the video evidence shows that it is clear-cut. People need to use common sense and objective rationale when looking at incidents such as this.

At 1:12 in the video you can see the suspect turn around and fire on the chasing officer.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:21 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If they felt it wasn’t a justified shooting then hold a protest/memorial. This is just too quick to go from a questionable shooting to riot. Same with the mayor,...just too quick to go from questionable shooting to fired officer. Surprised she has t tried to sent him to prison by her official decree instead of a trial.
As I said, that is the danger of a unorganized group of people... there is no single organization with a head leader to bring order to a single response. Just like a herd of animals stampeding off a cliff, there there is no logic or reason.. just pure reaction which makes riots a very dangerous situation.

In order for a protest/memorial to be organized as a response to a unjustified shooting, you would need someone of a certain level of influence in the crowd to organize it. MLK and similar leaders served that purpose during the civil rights unrests decades ago.. Today, there is no one.... just a herd of opportunists looking to do damage... this makes for a very uneasy/dangerous situation. Anything can easily spark a riot.

There are 1000s of protests being held in this country. Ours was last week and continues.... it was organized to assemble a group of citizens to march together as a single response. Police officers also marched Hence no riot.

There is no excuse for this property damage... don't care if that Wendy's had Trumps name on the building.... But I can certainly understand the circumstances that brings about such unwarranted destruction. I do think Wendy's response was appropriate.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:22 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Not really- the guy had a taser. He deserved to be arrested - not shot dead as he ran - shot in the back? no

Old 06-14-2020, 08:23 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I did not serve in Astan but i went to Iraq twice with the Army. I am also cop.

The insurgents or Taliban/AQ may be outnumbered us sometimes, but we were always outgunned them. We had close air and artillery support. You want cops to have close air and artillery support?
Perhaps General Petraeus could revampt policing in America. Currently too many people in the urban community don't feel safe with police lurking around their neighborhoods. The Bloods, Crips, gangbangers, and drug dealers are the real enforcers like the Taliban. Its them who must be answered to when the police are not around. There is a unwinnable civil war in these areas and the police seem unable to convince people in the community to be on their side instead of choosing to side with one of the warring tribes for their own safety.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:24 AM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
I don't think anyone in authority cares whether or not it was justified.

"Cop kills Black man" is all the mob needs to hear to start up. And Mayors/Governors are allowing the mobs to rule.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:24 AM

124 posts, read 146,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not really- the guy had a taser. He deserved to be arrested - not shot dead as he ran - shot in the back? no

The suspect fired the tazer gun at the officer, as seen in the video footage. Tazer guns can immobilize people. What if the officer had been tazzed and the suspect stole the officer's gun while he was immobilized? He could have easily killed the officer. If the suspect was white there would be no protests and the officer would not have been fired.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:27 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Here's a video clip of the Brooks shooting itself, no prior footage. Brooks turns while running away and points taser at officer. Officer dodges darts and fires. Brooks falls. Videos allows you to repeat repeatedly to see and analyze, it happens to fast. The officer I think was justified shooting.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...ing-video.html

Old 06-14-2020, 08:28 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
None of the facts matter, just the skin color of those involved. Any time you have a black dead guy and a white officer, you get riots. You have to remember that those protesting is the most racist group in America.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:31 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I disagree...

In this situation, anyone would fire back if someone pointed anything while resisting arrest in this situation. It is a slit second and not a moment to waste to live with the ramifications all your life.

I'm not saying this to just side with the police blindly... I actually do support the protests and believe the police force has a problem. In this case, no... I think the officer reacted appropriately given the circumstances.

A taser is a weapon... it can immobilize much like a stick or bat. You render a cop unconscious or unable to protect himself, you might as well hand over his side arm to be used against him/her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies