Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 08:31 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't know how he could pass out in a drive through without being drunk, I have seen plenty of belligerent drunks with ability to fight.

Maybe he'd just worked a 16-hour shift and was dead tired. Now he's just plain dead, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,233 posts, read 4,604,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not really- the guy had a taser. He deserved to be arrested - not shot dead as he ran - shot in the back? no
He had the taser and the INTENT to inflict violence when he fought the cops and disarmed (taser) one of them. It is reasonable to believe that he will take the gun from the cop after he demobilised him with the taser

Also, the cops did not have the opportunity to pat him down for weapon prior to the fight. The taser makes a very loud pop when deploys, and taser looks like a gun, and it was a split second decision at night time.

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not really- the guy had a taser. He deserved to be arrested - not shot dead as he ran - shot in the back? no
You should become a cop. You obviously think police should do better. Put your money where your mouth is. See if you could get close enough to a guy with a taser gun who is unwilling to submit to handcuffs, without getting yourself immobilized and killed.

In all the brouhaha of the George Floyd killing, people forget that cops are killed by suspects too. They want to go home to their families at night too. It’s a dangerous job keeping dangerous people off the streets.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:33 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,882,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This.

Can't wait to see the toxicology.
I'm also wondering why he resisted and ran. I watched the vid, the cops were being very calm and civil, he was too actually, then suddenly he turned on a dime and freaked out. Does anyone know if he had warrants? Why would he freak tf out over a DUI? His license was from Ohio not GA, he said he was "visiting" his girlfriend but she and the 3 kids lived in ATL? I'm way confused.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:34 AM

11,278 posts, read 11,043,276 times
Any metro area in America that is more than 30% black should have a hiring ratio of 1 white cop to every 4 black cops.

I know this is racist, but this seems to be what the left is driving us to. Everything is about race and the left uses it as a weapon. Let's take that weapon away from them.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,096,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Maybe he'd just worked a 16-hour shift and was dead tired. Now he's just plain dead, I guess.
Oh well. If he was a white guy, and did what this moron did, I would say good riddance, as well.

Blacks think they are above the law in so many ways now. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,563,896 times
If I'm being the most generous to those protesting, once the man fired the taser and missed, he was unarmed. So technically he was shot while unarmed and fleeing.

That said, when you get shot at, it's only natural to return fire.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,096,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
I'm also wondering why he resisted and ran. I watched the vid, the cops were being very calm and civil, he was too actually, then suddenly he turned on a dime and freaked out. Does anyone know if he had warrants? Why would he freak tf out over a DUI? His license was from Ohio not GA, he said he was "visiting" his girlfriend but she and the 3 kids lived in ATL? I'm way confused.

Maybe he was a "good guy" like George Floyd and only did 5 years in prison?

Old 06-14-2020, 08:38 AM

17,444 posts, read 14,680,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
If you listen to his lawyers, he resisted because he was scared. And because he was a scared black man in America the cops should’ve let him go.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:38 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,882,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Maybe he was a "good guy" like George Floyd and only did 5 years in prison?

I wonder if the media will report his criminal history/if he had outstanding warrants and what for, because that may explain why he reacted as he did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies