Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 12:40 AM

6,802 posts, read 14,023,558 times

Advertisements

"(b) Sheriffs and peace officers who are appointed or employed in conformity with Chapter 8 of Title 35 may use deadly force to apprehend a suspected felon only when the officer reasonably believes that the suspect possesses a deadly weapon or any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury; when the officer reasonably believes that the suspect poses an immediate threat of physical violence to the officer or others; or when there is probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm"

Thank you for posting this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 12:41 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,689,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Body cam footage. I’m still reviewing it but it definitely absolves the cops

https://youtu.be/881N_PEE1EE

Man, 1 hour and 27 minutes? I wouldn't have expected this to take that long but I guess I will try to wade through it. I am about 14 minutes in. So far, nothing awful from the officers, except 1 thing: it sounds like they allowed him to park his own car, which they shouldn't have done. If they came upon him while passed out in the driver's seat of the car while in the drive-thru, they should have asked him to exit the vehicle and one of the police officers should have parked the car for him. You don't want him parking the car while seemingly under the influence.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:42 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
So I will ask the question again. Is a taser considered a deadly weapon. I don't know the answer which is why I am asking. This entire incident revolves around the answer to this question.
If he tazed the cop who would then become incapacitated, he can easily take his gun which is deadly.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:00 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So what did Wendy's do to incite the mob into burning them down?
They serve real meat in the burgers !!! That's all it takes to incite outrage in a vegan !!!

Old 06-14-2020, 01:01 AM

14,217 posts, read 4,588,279 times
Also, the cops did not have a chance to search him for a gun or weapon before he was shot. He turned around and shot the cop with the taser while running away. Taser makes loud pop when deploys and taser looks like a gun. I don’t even know if they cop knew it was a taser or a gun in split-second decision and it was night time.

Of course, it is way to easy for Monday night quarterback here making life and death decision after watching the videos several times on slow motion

Old 06-14-2020, 01:03 AM

24,605 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So what did Wendy's do to incite the mob into burning them down?
They called the cops.

Don’t you know you’re suppose to let a man passed out in your drive through, get some sleep!

Old 06-14-2020, 01:08 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,689,638 times
I will admit that the guy around 31:00 who is cursing and mouthing off is a bit annoying and some of what he says is simply factually incorrect: "I saw ya'll talking to him for 20 minutes, dude. Unarmed. Non-violent. Nothing wrong with how he conducted himself whatsoever and you pull a ******* gun, dude?" Certainly the end result is debatable but it is definitely incorrect for that guy to say he was "non-violent".

Old 06-14-2020, 01:18 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
"One" can either wring "ones" hands and lament the violence of angry black men and then conclude that our only option is to live with it, OR take steps to end it.

Stop and Frisk was extremely effective but offensive to blacks. Now as a result of the ongoing upheavals we will employ social workers to try to stem the tide of black crime. I think we all know what the result will be: Increased crime; dead social workers; and a public (black and white) clamoring for a return of the police.

Meanwhile, one thing is certain. The ghetto lottery is going to pay off handsomely this year for many.

Undoubtedly previously unrecognized offspring of George Floyd will surface and soon we will learn about the family of Rayshard Brooks. The children, baby mamas, and assorted relatives will all need large amounts of taxpayer money to assuage their grief.
DNA tests would, of course, be offensive so we will just pay everyone who files a claim.

The tail is wagging the dog in America right now. 13% of the population is successfully bullying the rest of us.
This is what I've done. I don't go to those neighborhoods that are bad places to live. I make sure not to live there. I never really lived in the ghetto to begin with.

Stop and Frisk isn't as effective as you like to think. Crime in New York City was dropping before Stop and Frisk was implemented. As the economy improved, more people had work, and alot of quality of life crimes were being punished as well (getting high in public, graffiti, ticket jumpers). Gentrification also pushed alot of crime into New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. Stop and Frisk merely violated the 4th Amendment (unreasonable search and seizure). Most of the Blacks and Latinos stopped and search were not found to be breaking any laws.

By the way, I won't be calling for stop and frisk. I'd rather be dead than live in a police state. Live Free or Die, it isn't just New Hampshire's state motto. It's my motto too.

By the way, you do know that my post was directed at talking about a certain subculture within the Black population. 13% of the population? More like a fraction of 13%, barely 1%. This is my opinion. I think you're just here to complain about Blacks as a whole and to make a justification for "Blacks need to be subjected to a police state that targets mainly them".

Old 06-14-2020, 01:22 AM

1,289 posts, read 937,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It’s pretty simple, folks. Don’t be combative while being arrested.

Plain stupidity! This guy killed himself, plain and simple.
False. It wasn't "Plain stupidity!" and neither did "this guy" kill himself. American citizens are at last admitting that far too often it doesn't matter what you do or don't do. In many circumstances -- whether a person is combative or compliant and sometimes even when it's contrary to all the rules -- the fact is if you happen to get involved with police it doesn't matter what you do or don't do. That is what's "plain and simple". There were numerous by-the-book ways this Wendy's drive through situation (reportedly) could have been resolved safely. And it wasn't.

Last edited by LiaLia; 06-14-2020 at 01:39 AM..

Old 06-14-2020, 01:28 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
False. It wasn't "Plain stupidity!" and neither did "this guy" kill himself. American citizens are at last admitting that far too often it doesn't matter what you do or don't do. In many circumstances -- whether a person is combative or compliant and sometimes even when it's contrary to all the rules -- the fact is if you happen to get involved with police it doesn't matter what you do or don't do. That is what's "plain and simple". There were numerous by-the-book ways this situation could have been resolved safely. And it wasn't.
Haha, the new all encompassing excuse to resist arrest and be a violent criminal.....the very existence of the cop causes you to fear for your life therefore any action you take is justifiable.

Plain and simple, this guy should win a darwin award for bringing an end to his own life by his own stupid choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies