Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 07:13 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'll go ahead and tell the truth. There are times that I wish I was White.
Nah.. to hell with that type of thinking.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:13 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Not really. If you don't get arrested, you don't get arrested. How many Black people do you know, both in real life and on this website, have advocated for not arrested Black people for committing crimes? How many?
Again, like I said, most don't outright say that black people should be immune from arrest, they just ALWAYS see it as racism any time a black person is arrested. They ALWAYS claim the cops should have just let the person go. Just look at the Atlanta thread, it's full of people saying they should have just let the drunk criminal go rather than doing their job and arresting him like they would anyone else.

They want a system where black people are above the law, but they would never outright admit that's what they want.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:14 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Nah.. to hell with that type of thinking.
I'm merely saying that this has crossed my mind. I have considered "maybe my life would be better".

Old 06-16-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I'm merely saying that this has crossed my mind. I have considered "maybe my life would be better".
Yikes. That's a really insane mindset.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Again, like I said, most don't outright say that black people should be immune from arrest, they just ALWAYS see it as racism any time a black person is arrested. They ALWAYS claim the cops should have just let the person go. Just look at the Atlanta thread, it's full of people saying they should have just let the drunk criminal go rather than doing their job and arresting him like they would anyone else.

They want a system where black people are above the law, but they would never outright admit that's what they want.
I haven't heard anyone advocate for Blacks being above the law, not once. Not even implying it. There are people who are against police brutality.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Yikes. That's a really insane mindset.
Well, when you belong to an ethnic group that is looked down on more than anyone else, those thoughts can cross your mind. I'm not saying that I think that way NOW. I'm saying that it can cross your mind.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I haven't heard anyone advocate for Blacks being above the law, not once. Not even implying it. There are people who are against police brutality.
Right....that's the way that many go about it. They claim EVERYTHING is police brutality. I pointed out that people often lack the courage to admit what they are actually advocating for, it's true with the de facto open borders crowd, it's true with the de facto "black people should be above the law" crowd.

Quote:
Well, when you belong to an ethnic group that is looked down on more than anyone else, those thoughts can cross your mind. I'm not saying that I think that way NOW. I'm saying that it can cross your mind.
I think it just speaks to the ridiculous things that your parents and your peers have filled your head with. They clearly did you a disservice and it's good if you've managed to rise above what they did to you.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:30 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Really?

Blacks kill whites on a daily basis and it is accepted as routine and normal.

One white cop kills a black man and the nation descends into riots and anarchy.

Does that sound like a uniform application of indignation towards injustice?

Wake up- the incidents like that in Minneapolis is used as a political tool by far left extremists and anarchists.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Right....that's the way that many go about it. They claim EVERYTHING is police brutality. I pointed out that people often lack the courage to admit what they are actually advocating for, it's true with the de facto open borders crowd, it's true with the de facto "black people should be above the law" crowd.
Now you're just going into hyperbole. No one is claiming that every incident is police brutality. People are speaking out on instances where police officers have gone above and beyond what is normal for arresting people. People are also speaking out on who is more likely to be treated violently when resisting arrest.

Quote:
I think it just speaks to the ridiculous things that your parents and your peers have filled your head with. They clearly did you a disservice and it's good if you've managed to rise above what they did to you.
And I think you're half wrong. My parents did not tell me "Black is bad". They never made me feel like "Black was bad". It was going to school, personally being called the "N" word, dealing with racism up front and personal. It was stuff I personally dealt with, outside of the family that created situations where thoughts like that could cross my mind. It's seeing stuff on city-data and realizing that Blacks are complained about on city-data more than anyone else. It was watching my father get harassed by a few police officers.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:34 AM

302 posts, read 182,635 times
Blacks have every opportunity that whites have, sometimes more so with affirmative action. The problem is that people living in the inner city have an insurmountable obstacle to get away from the disfunctional drug, gang and murder culture in their communities. Instead of contributing to BLM (a racist, anti-government hate group that contributes to the Democrat party), what if every wealthy, celebrity type person or corporation supported a child from the inner city, by providing a private education and support to help him or her arise above the culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies