Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 10:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times

Advertisements

Are blacks just not supposed to be arrested anymore?

Anyone committing a crime can and should be arrested. What shouldn't happen is the extrajudicial killing of black folks. This is a hard pill to swallow for the followers of white supremacist ideology...

Old 06-15-2020, 10:16 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
A taser is not a lethal weapon. We here this from police all the time. Their lives were not in danger, nor was anyone else's. They knew who he was, where he lived, an easy arrest later on.

It was not a capital offense what he did.
Ah, yes, a taser IS a lethal weapon. You should check the definition of that. One can indeed infer that the cops were in danger.

And why TF should the cops just let him go? The dude committed a felony.

But why am I not surprised at some people defending yet another career criminal? The simple matter is, had he not resisted the arrest, he'd still be alive.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:26 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Ah, yes, a taser IS a lethal weapon. You should check the definition of that. One can indeed infer that the cops were in danger.

And why TF should the cops just let him go? The dude committed a felony.

But why am I not surprised at some people defending yet another career criminal? The simple matter is, had he not resisted the arrest, he'd still be alive.
I'm not defending him at all. He deserved to be arrested. I am saying he did not deserve to be executed by the police. They knew where he lived. They knew who he was. It's not like he had a huge criminal record.

Nothing he did was a capital crime. Quit excusing police killings that are not warranted and could have been avoided. "Stop, BANG, or I shoot"is not good policing.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not defending him at all. He deserved to be arrested. I am saying he did not deserve to be executed by the police. They knew where he lived. They knew who he was. It's not like he had a huge criminal record.

Nothing he did was a capital crime. Quit excusing police killings that are not warranted and could have been avoided. "Stop, BANG, or I shoot"is not good policing.
I agree, he didn't deserve to be executed, until he took a cop's taser and started aiming it at them. At that point, he was asking to get shot.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You have to be fair though, no?

The poster did not say he deserved to die. This kind of tragedy took place even when Trump was not the president.

I think majority of people understand that, Treating individual citizens instead as though they criminal-probable, based any aspect of appearance, has an enormously detrimental effect. Only a total lack of creative empathy (or sanity, frankly) allows someone to suggest otherwise.

This said, one needs to prove the police officer acted the way he acted because he had a RACIAL bias. quite frankly, based on the video at least, I really cannot see how this particular officer would have acted differently if the suspect was an Asian female.

Do US police officers use deadly force on suspects far too easily? maybe this is the issue. Not everything is about race.
Yup, and not trained well either. As a Canadian snowbird, I trust the RCMP to do the right thing. I never want to be stopped while driving down by the US police, as I don't trust them. Too many are cowboys. And I have close friends who are either retired or still in senior police positions. I just don't trust the cowboys down south.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I agree, he didn't deserve to be executed, until he took a cop's taser and started aiming it at them. At that point, he was asking to get shot.
We keep hearing from police that the reasons people die when tasered is "excited delirium", a BS term that usually means they were high on drugs.

Were the police in that state? After you saw the barbs go out of the taser, it was useless.

Nothing he did was a capital offense.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
What we need is whites being arrested for the same crimes. When was the last time a white was hand cuffed over a bad twenty? Never,

Old 06-15-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
We keep hearing from police that the reasons people die when tasered is "excited delirium", a BS term that usually means they were high on drugs.

Were the police in that state? After you saw the barbs go out of the taser, it was useless.

Nothing he did was a capital offense.
You're right, nothing he did was a capital offense until all the stuff he did after resisting arrest.

Old 06-15-2020, 11:15 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
A taser is not a lethal weapon. We here this from police all the time. Their lives were not in danger, nor was anyone else's. They knew who he was, where he lived, an easy arrest later on.

It was not a capital offense what he did.
You didn't read through the thread, did you, Norm? If you had, you would have learned that if a taser is fired at someone's chest, it can seriously disrupt heart rhythms and cause death.

Old 06-15-2020, 11:18 PM

289 posts, read 143,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What we need is whites being arrested for the same crimes. When was the last time a white was hand cuffed over a bad twenty? Never,
Do you keep a track of all whites being or not being arrested? How do you know that it's never?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies