Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 01:50 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Can you name a Fortune 500 company that has fired someone for being gay?
I doubt any Fortune 500 has done so for quite some time.

The places where this still happens is likely small businesses where the owner doesn't want to employ someone for his/her own personal reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 01:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
You can discriminate against bad employees or you can try
Of course then comes the eeoc complaint you fired me bek I am gay not because I exposed myself in the elevator
You think I make this stuff up don’t you

Old 06-15-2020, 02:05 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Yeah, everyone's moved on. It's like they are looking for something to argue about.

Must be really frustrating for them when everyone pretty much agrees.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:07 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because anti-LGBTis a right-wing platform.

I reckon not every right-winger believes in it, just as not every liberal is down with the whole UBI thing.

But note that the three dissenting votes are all right-wing justices. If this a "pro-human" for the GOP as you claim, why did these three justices decide to go against "pro-human"? Because at the end of the day, it is a right-wing platform.

Furthermore, Roberts went against same-sex marriages, so the fact that he changed stance is a surprise to some.

According to your left wing propoganda feed. Here in the real life, we have all been working with gay people and with very few problems.

I personally have never heard an issue in the real world.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:12 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ok I was just looking at my facebook and one of my loony liberal "friends" posted something stupid. To keep the peace I refuse to comment on anything he posts about politics or Anti Trump rants...

He posted a link from the NYTimes that the Supreme Court has ruled that Civil Rights Law Protect Gay and Transgendered Workers. He wrote "how about today's apples? Gorsuch and Roberts go Left!"

I would call it "they go human" . Most people do not care if someone is gay or trans in the workplace unless UNLESS as a result they get preferential treatment by the boss/owner or they don't pull their weight at the job. That goes for anyone. If someone is a lousy co worker then that is another problem.

What is it with the Loon Liberals, the Lefties, that can only think inside a box that they then lock up?

Why can't some people see the bigger picture that someone can like Trump and not be a racist? Or they support the Second Amendment but they do not support deranged murderers that shoot up schools. Or how they can respect our History and Heritage without taking offense to every statue and demanding that it be removed or they will do it themselves?

What is it with the Loony Liberals that refuse to see 2 sides of an issue.
Of course justices on the Supreme Court that lean Right can see the humanity in an issue and react with common sense. In the case of protecting gays at work it is not a decision that is Left or Right.

Get your brains out of the box people. You know or maybe not who you are..
We know who he is...

Trump administration reverses health protections for transgender people

The policy shift, long sought by Donald Trump’s religious and socially conservative supporters, would allow healthcare providers and insurance companies that receive federal funding to refuse to provide or cover transition-related care for trans Americans.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...re-protections

Old 06-15-2020, 02:19 PM

736 posts, read 456,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
There's one thing I liked Bill Clinton for: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Of course that was mainly applied to the Military, but sometimes I think that's still the best policy in a number of scenarios.

Now, all the Gays and Liberals can hate me as much as they want. That's the way I feel and I really don't care if they like it or not.
I would like DADT also if it applied to heterosexuals equally.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:20 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
BREAKING: Major win for LGBT rights at #SCOTUS with 6-3 decision that federal law bars workplace discrimination against gays, lesbian and transgender. GORSUCH writes for Dem appointees. ROBERTS agrees. ALITO/THOMAS/KAVANAUGH dissent.
Yowza!

Old 06-15-2020, 02:21 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
You must be joking.

I think you forgot which party puts religion above science time and time again.

Silicon Valley is heavily democratic. One of the keys to success is the ability to capture and interpret data better than anyone else. How do you explain this if all liberals only react to emotions? Why are they so good at using data to solve problems?

Also, you think Trump isn’t ruled by his emotions more than Obama? He doesn’t use data to make decisions. He has repeatedly stated that he uses his “gut.”
Yep, the liberal science that says covid-19 can't spread at their voters looting and arson parties to burn down their cities but everyone will get it at a Trump rally....as if covid graduated with a degree in gender studies and master in racial victimization. Liberals only believe in science in the rare cases where it backs up or seems to back up their narrative of the day.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:22 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is simply false. The civil rights act of 1964:

Prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.

That pretty much covers all of your examples except for the LGBT group.

For example if a white guy is working at a business with all non white co workers and a new boss who is black becomes his supervisor. The black supervisor cannot fire the white employee because he is white.
That's what I thought. Thank you.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:22 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
The problem I have with the ruling is that the whole sexual orientation being sex discrimination isn't true in every instance. Thus, the ruling was overly broad. But I'll never be upset with people getting more rights, even if I don't think they were awarded properly.

But I find it interesting that it's only conservative judges that seem to have flexible ideologies on the key issues. Loony bin, bat**** crazy leftist judges like Sotomayor and Ginsburg never seem to bend from their position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies