Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 02:03 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Police say the most dangerous calls they make are for domestic violence. Many cops are killed.
Imagine how dangerous it is for at least one of the couple.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:28 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This sounds like something out of the birth of a nation.

There are people of all races supporting BLM. Don't be on the wrong side of history...
That's because they haven't read their mission statement.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:32 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
What are you appalled about?

White liberals are the only group in general to have negatively measured feelings toward their own "in-group" and to express a bias in favor of "out-groups."

White liberal WOMEN are even more likely to exhibit this characteristic than white liberal MEN.

There is no better or other way to describe this phenomena other than some sort of ideological possession, self-hatred or other psychological AFFLICTION. An AFFLICTION, I will repeat, which is NOT A CHARACTERISTIC FOUND IN ANY OTHER RACE OR ETHNIC SUB-GROUP.

I don't care if you feel attacked. If you feel attacked, maybe because it hits home a bit too deep. White women are the most coddled creatures on the planet. And the liberals ones are DAMAGED by the mass propaganda they consume in their liberal and social media. DAMAGED GOODS.
I don't feel attacked,,, I think your view is pure nonsense-- show me some studies for your claim. As for coddled... PFFT white women may not be the highest reported abused women, but they most certainty have problems within those tightly held conservative homes.

Women in small rural and isolated areas reported the highest prevalence of IPV (22.5% and 17.9%, respectively) compared to 15.5% for urban women. Rural women reported significantly higher severity of physical abuse than their urban counterparts. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3216064/

A Republican state lawmaker in Mississippi was arrested after he allegedly punched his wife for not undressing quickly enough when he wanted to have sex, according to a report from The Sun Herald.https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...estic-violence

Old 06-17-2020, 03:57 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Get off your far right social media echo chambers of racial IQ charts and videos of black people comitting crimes and go out and meet some actual black people.
No thank you, I don't want to be robbed or mugged. All the black areas in the closest city to me are high crime areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
White fear is a powerful thing. White people are afraid of everything
That sounds racist.

Fyi, knowing the crime rates of the U.S. black population, the majority of whites have made the informed decision to avoid black neighborhoods when possible, because they wish to avoid crime. Why is that so hard to understand? The white mistrust and avoidance of blacks is based on actual evidence.

The only way for race relations to improve in America is for blacks to STOP commiting so much crime.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:19 PM

588 posts, read 225,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Honest question. Why aren’t more white women speaking up in defense of white men? Your husbands, fathers, brothers, sons are being labelled all these terrible things by society at large, you could potentially lose your police protection. Your demo has the best public trust numbers. Where are you guys?

Many women are busy working hard and/or raising a family the right way and are not going to get involved in this nonsense.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:20 PM

4,386 posts, read 4,238,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don't feel attacked,,, I think your view is pure nonsense-- show me some studies for your claim. As for coddled... PFFT white women may not be the highest reported abused women, but they most certainty have problems within those tightly held conservative homes.

Women in small rural and isolated areas reported the highest prevalence of IPV (22.5% and 17.9%, respectively) compared to 15.5% for urban women. Rural women reported significantly higher severity of physical abuse than their urban counterparts. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3216064/

A Republican state lawmaker in Mississippi was arrested after he allegedly punched his wife for not undressing quickly enough when he wanted to have sex, according to a report from The Sun Herald.https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...estic-violence
She took it back afterwards to stand by her man.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:42 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't know about other women's daddys, but my father taught me to think for myself - to respect authority, but also to question authority, and to respect all people until their actions prove that they're not worthy of my respect. So did the fathers of many other liberal-leaning women I know.
So you acknowledge that there is "legitimate authority" and "illegitimate authority". But how do you know which is which?

It isn't sufficient to say that authority is only legitimate when I agree with it. Nor is authority legitimate merely because a majority agree with it. What then is the basis for legitimate authority?

A father is the model for legitimate authority, which is why god is called the father. A father doesn't exercise authority for his benefit, but for yours. He loves you and wants you to be happy, and he uses his authority to guide and protect you.

Alternatively, an authority which doesn't love you, which doesn't care about your happiness, will inevitably use his authority selfishness. Thus the true basis for legitimate authority is love.

That doesn't mean the authority himself has to love you, but we tend to project our sentiments about people we know onto people we don't know. There is a saying, "Women civilize men". The basic assertion is that if a man loves a woman, or especially if he has a daughter, he will be more concerned for the well-being of others. He will project his affections for his daughter onto other daughters. So in the same way he wants his daughter to be happy, he will want all daughters to be happy.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...y-civilize-men

A man who neither has a woman who loves him, nor a woman he loves, is incapable of even understanding love. He is a man alone in the world, thinking only for himself.

Likewise, a woman without a father, without someone in authority who cares about her, is incapable of perceiving any authority as legitimate. She becomes cynical, and believes all authority is merely a form of control, manipulation, and oppression. Thus she rejects all authority as illegitimate, and even god himself.

This isn't limited only to women though. Anyone without a father will feel the same way about authority. And they will never change their view of authority until they themselves become an authority, and only if they become a legitimate authority(IE they love the people they have authority over).

Not only are a great many women raised without a father, but even those raised by a father often don't have respect for their father. In most cases it is the result of neglect. The father simply isn't around, and to the extent he is, he is merely a punisher or enforcer, not someone who loves you and cares for you, nor does he even seem to love your mother.

There are numerous reasons for this, though I won't go into it here. But suffice to say, until this is fixed, all hope is lost.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:52 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
I am not falling for “white men bad” ( or men in general) It certainly hasn’t been my experience. As far as I am concerned there’s nothing wrong with the male gender so there’s nothing to defend. Not saying that they’re perfect, but...who is? I kinda like them just the way they are.. with a few exceptions. Lol

Old 06-17-2020, 06:11 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
White woman here. I married a strong man. Raised two strong boys. They all know who and what they are. I have said repeatedly on this site that Dems and liberals demonizing white men (all the white men that white women honor and love) is a losing strategy.

Liberals spout the toxic white male crap and it's always an eye rolling moment. In the same vein as saying that there are 50 or 70 or 170 genders. People who talk like that sound like morons. Really. Morons. Life is too short and I don't waste my time engaging with morons.

And I am a politically engaged and regular voter.

It's not rocket science.
White man here. In a strong relationship with a feisty lily's badger of a woman that I love with all my heart. Both been married and raised children. A son and daughter fir her a son for me.

All strong hard working successful adults now. We always tell each other that no matter what else happens to us at least we don't have ugly lazy children.

As a man I get sick of hearing this toxic white male bilge to. And so does my lady. And yes the other things you mention are certainly moronic in the extreme.

Seeing where all this garbage the left is spouting is taking us makes me afraid for our kids and grandkids. This turns into widespread violence and my granddaughter has to see Daddy go off to fight ...well...that spooks me. I watched my Dad go off to war and the 13 some odd months he was gone were pure hell.

And conflict like that right here at home? In all my imagining I never envisioned something like what we're flirting with. All because of morons. Ain't that a ***** though.....

Old 06-17-2020, 06:12 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am not falling for “white men bad” ( or men in general) It certainly hasn’t been my experience. As far as I am concerned there’s nothing wrong with the male gender so there’s nothing to defend. Not saying that they’re perfect, but...who is? I kinda like them just the way they are.. with a few exceptions. Lol
Man or woman none are bad - we grow and start making decisions. That could be bad or good. I think nobody needs to be protecting anyone. Men and women can stand for themselves as this is not physical. As they used to say if the shoe fits wear it — other wise it don’t fit !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies