Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 02:43 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,988 times

Advertisements

I have seen some threads on City-Data that make me shake my head and chuckle, but this one right here...this one right here really takes the cake. If I heard some mess like this in person I would not be able to control my laughter!!

Old 06-18-2020, 03:28 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Tell us about the young white women who are dating or married to men. Do they hate men too?
A man can hate women and still be married to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I had a horrible relationship with my father and I absolutely adore the men in my life. I also have no problem at all with authority.

Also in solidarity with a few others...''what the...??"
I was just trying to explain a psychological profile. People who have a problem with authority are that way for a reason. People who hate women are that way for a reason. People who hate men are that way for a reason.

Obviously your relationship with your mother and father is going to impact how you see the world, and in obvious ways.

But understand something important, from the inside everything you do seems rational, but from the outside, you look like a mess. Don't take what I say and apply it to yourself, because you'll never see it. Take what I say and apply it to everyone else.

I don't know you, I don't know if you're honest, I don't know anything about you. So I have no interest in debating what kind of person you are or how you feel about issue X, Y, or Z. I was only trying to put out a partial explanation for the rise in tension and distrust between men and women. Especially as it relates to changing family dynamics in modern white households based on my own observations of the interpersonal relationships between fathers and daughters in recent years.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:31 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
I don't bother protesting or anything like that.. not worth it. People will believe what they want and im not going to try to convince them other than being here talking.

I look at things in the spiritual realm. (Christianity). for Christians, when we belong to Christ, our citizenship is in Heaven, that of God. The world we live in is corrupt and so we try to live here in spite of the corruption. Until people have a change of heart, a change of soul, they will continue to obey their corruptness.. and there is a lot of it.

so I see things in that perspective and I have no need to go protest. However, if in a conversation someone talked to me and insulted my family or friends, I could then speak up to tell them my beliefs and give them info, perhaps they are mistaken due to lack of knowledge, or something.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:36 PM

26,780 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
A man can hate women and still be married to one.

I was just trying to explain a psychological profile. People who have a problem with authority are that way for a reason. People who hate women are that way for a reason. People who hate men are that way for a reason.

Obviously your relationship with your mother and father is going to impact how you see the world, and in obvious ways.

But understand something important, from the inside everything you do seems rational, but from the outside, you look like a mess. Don't take what I say and apply it to yourself, because you'll never see it. Take what I say and apply it to everyone else.

I don't know you, I don't know if you're honest, I don't know anything about you. So I have no interest in debating what kind of person you are or how you feel about issue X, Y, or Z. I was only trying to put out a partial explanation for the rise in tension and distrust between men and women. Especially as it relates to changing family dynamics in modern white households based on my own observations of the interpersonal relationships between fathers and daughters in recent years.

That's quite a revelation.
( A rude awakening even, I'd say)))

( But I am not going to argue about the rest you wrote.)

Old 06-18-2020, 03:38 PM

40 posts, read 19,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
As a white woman, I haven't really heard anything wrong said about my white husband or white son, so not sure what the fuss is here?

And I don't believe for one stinkin' minute that I'm losing my police protection. That's a right-wing propaganda talking point right there.
Not sure where you live but many cities were left without police protection recently and now the move is on to elminate or defund police departments.

Not anything other than a fact; no right wing propaganda talking point either.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:08 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That would depend on your personal beliefs and your upbringing. I am under God's grace, and love, and I do not sit back and let wrong happen. I stand for those who cannot and if had to do it in the open- I would. I am not as strong as man, nor try to be a man- but you don't always need brawn to protect another. Your voice , your vote, and your example speaks greatly. God is no respecters of person, I know I'm in His will -- again peace

From the very beginning God made us male and female. “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them” (Gen. 1:27)
IMO, religious people have a duty to call out injustice when it smacks us in the face. All day every day.

My son was born about the time the feminist movement and the civil rights movements were getting into the mainstream.

He chose a career in an industry that was all about hiring minorities and women. He understood where he landed in time. So he knew a penance would have to be paid and his generation of males would be the ones paying it. He was more than willing to watch less talented people get the promotion and the raise. Luckily, his wife was one of those equally talented getting promoted and raises so it all evened out.

AFA DH goes, he was always about promoting minorities and women.

He once had a gay male Administrative assistant. Drove the higher up guys nuts. Especially when his companion sent red roses to the office. They told DH to get rid of the guy. DH said get rid of me, too, and when you do the lawsuit starts. That was the end of that. Career retarding but effective.

No need for standing up for to protect the men in our circle. They were born good at knowing how to do the right thing.

Last edited by crone; 06-18-2020 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-18-2020, 04:26 PM

1,049 posts, read 653,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Women these days (of all 'races,' not just 'white' women) have no empathy for men.

Plus, the immense majority of them are feminists, which is all about rejecting male authority, and ultimately, establishing female rulership.
We all wonder why some of you are in the relationship forum crying and complaining that you all are single and that women don't appreciate nice guys.

Posts like this answer that question.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:30 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Women these days (of all 'races,' not just 'white' women) have no empathy for men.

Plus, the immense majority of them are feminists, which is all about rejecting male authority, and ultimately, establishing female rulership.
So with your ( and some others) attitudes towards women.....why would we want to defend you?

Old 06-18-2020, 04:38 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
Well...me for one can only speak for myb family. Just because im white doesn't mean I pretend I know what all white women think and feel.

Old 06-18-2020, 05:53 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's quite a revelation.
I should say, you can enjoy the company of a woman without being interested in anything she has to say, and thinking her beneath you.

A lot of people are together more out of habit/practicality, and because they don't want to be alone.

Engaging in carnal pleasures doesn't require mutual admiration. In fact, I hear hate sex is a fetish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies