Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 08:07 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,460,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Every law abiding American should object to illegal immigration and rewarding those here illegally. Seems like a good base to appease. These Dreamers can live productive lives in their own countries or go back and apply to come back legally as legal immigrants do. Fleeing drug cartels is not a reason to violate our immigration laws or even to claim asylum in our country. Not all areas of their countries have a drug cartel problem either. Most aren't fleeing anything they are coming here for economic opportunity on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. I am sure their parents either committed felony ID theft to gain employment and/or resorted to tax evasion also. They need to return to their homelands together so there will be no family separations.

Nobody is arguing against deporting the parents. People are arguing against deporting the kids, who aren't the ones that made the choice to come here and just got caught up in a political mess against their own will.

As an American taxpayer, I don't really care if a couple dollars of my paycheck go towards funding the education of someone who is (culturally and effectively) an American. There are 150,000,000 taxpayers and 700,000 Dreamers, so the tax money you're talking about is literally pennies that I could find lying on the street.

Also, I'm of the opinion that if your job is easily outsourced or taken by illegal immigrants, then you should probably work harder to get a better job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 08:11 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Roberts is a liberal. No shock on his decision.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:12 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It certainly isn`t a surprise that Trump believes the Supreme Court is all about him.
"Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn`t like me"?
That came out of his tweet mouth today.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...25a_story.html
Smart people don't like Trump . . . so, yeah, they probably don't like you.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:16 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
I'd love to stick these recent Supreme Court decisions in Mitch McConnell's stupid turtle face. Thought he could screw the system by disallowing the Merrick Garland nomination. Well, douchebag, you're still losing decisions.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Roberts is a liberal. No shock on his decision.
He's worse than a liberal in some ways. He pretends to be a conservative or moderate and is a wolf in sheep's clothing, snake in the grass or similar to a traitor, trojan horse or double agent .

Old 06-18-2020, 08:20 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It certainly isn`t a surprise that Trump believes the Supreme Court is all about him.
"Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn`t like me"?
That came out of his tweet mouth today.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...25a_story.html
Everything is about Trump. Explains why the world sees a fool in the WH.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:24 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
5 SC justices. Are you always so deferential to the majority.
Yes. That’s how it works.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:27 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh no, they know Constitutional law. Five justices just chose to ignore it and base their decision on feelings, emotions and political correctness instead.
So I’ll ask again, why didn’t trump pick you if are so much smarter.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:03 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Nobody is arguing against deporting the parents. People are arguing against deporting the kids, who aren't the ones that made the choice to come here and just got caught up in a political mess against their own will.

As an American taxpayer, I don't really care if a couple dollars of my paycheck go towards funding the education of someone who is (culturally and effectively) an American. There are 150,000,000 taxpayers and 700,000 Dreamers, so the tax money you're talking about is literally pennies that I could find lying on the street.

Also, I'm of the opinion that if your job is easily outsourced or taken by illegal immigrants, then you should probably work harder to get a better job.
Illegal aliens including these DACAs have cost us over $100 billion a year for many years since childhood but that's not the most important thing to consider. They are here illegally and bringing their kids here illegally. That's a violation of our immigration laws. Do you actually think that if these DACAs are allowed to remain that they and their supporters won't demand that their parents be able to remain here also? We'd have another mess to deal with for years to come and this illegal immigration problem would never go away. Do you actually think that this wouldn't set a presidence that all you have to do is sneak your kids over the border and they will be the new DACAs? It will just encourage more foreign parents to do it. When does this nonsense end?

Oh this ole crap again? You actually think that Americans are inferior workers so that's why they loss their jobs to illegal aliens? It's not about the greedy employers just wanting to pay less? Surely, you know this! Construction use to be a good paying job until millions of illegal aliens flooded our border willing to work for less. Know what you are talking about before spouting nonsense!

Old 06-18-2020, 09:06 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
So I’ll ask again, why didn’t trump pick you if are so much smarter.
Silly question since I'm just a mainstream American and not a political candidate. That doesn't mean that I haven't versed myself about Constitutional law. 5 of the justices know also but they chose to let their emotions rule instead.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-18-2020 at 09:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies