Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 01:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

The bigger problem here, is she's too stupid to hold the position of leadership that she had.

The ability to take the temperature of the moment, to use discretion in speaking publicly, is a crucial and necessary quality in a leader.

And she's devoid of it.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:14 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The bigger problem here, is she's too stupid to hold the position of leadership that she had.

The ability to take the temperature of the moment, to use discretion in speaking publicly, is a crucial and necessary quality in a leader.

And she's devoid of it.
apparently you did not read what was said. that's the bigger issue here.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:22 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep. Get use to it!!! There is always Europe.
no kowtowing here. and i'm not going to get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This is not a 1A issue.
no. but it IS a freedom of speech issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
this story is much more ridiculous than her just being put on leave. I have read several articles on it. I think my annual trips to vermont might be put on hold. I will never spend a dime in windsor, that's for sure. time for people to actually start talking with their dollars. I spent $2000 on an ebike two weeks ago, and I had my choice narrowed down to 2 bikes. let's just say I went with the unwoke company.
good on you
but you need to let them know that you are a) voting with your wallet, and b) why.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
apparently you did not read what was said. that's the bigger issue here.
Yes I did read it.

This isn't for her to be posting about. She's a school principal. At this point, posting about how much she misses the students, hope we can get together in the fall, we'll be informing everyone about the fall back to school procedures, if you still have a laptop please drop it at the school, here's a list of great educational activities you can do this summer.

No one was calling her a racist. No need whatsoever to state that she's not carrying protest signs (or no need to post that she IS carrying protest signs for that matter) but that doesn't make her a racist.

Not everyone gets that. A principal's job is to have a strong feeling about what to say and what not to say and keep out of posting inflammatory things that have zero to do with her school or education in general.

Posting BLACK LIVES MATTER and DEFUND THE POLICE would have been just as bad.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Yes I did read it.

This isn't for her to be posting about. She's a school principal. At this point, posting about how much she misses the students, hope we can get together in the fall, we'll be informing everyone about the fall back to school procedures, if you still have a laptop please drop it at the school, here's a list of great educational activities you can do this summer.

No one was calling her a racist. No need whatsoever to state that she's not carrying protest signs (or no need to post that she IS carrying protest signs for that matter).

Not everyone gets that. A principal's job is to have a strong feeling about what to say and what not to say and keep out of posting inflammatory things that have zero to do with her school or education in general.

Posting BLACK LIVES MATTER and DEFUND THE POLICE would have been just as bad.
now I know you didn't read it. the superintendent said “I felt like a post like that, with those kinds of racial overtones and what I define as pretty much outright racist in my values system." so someone did at least call her comments "racist." and "this isn't for her to be posting about?" it was on my personal facebook page, not the school facebook page. jesus. some of you people need to get a freaking grip.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
now I know you didn't read it. the superintendent said “I felt like a post like that, with those kinds of racial overtones and what I define as pretty much outright racist in my values system." so someone did at least call her comments "racist." and "this isn't for her to be posting about?" it was on my personal facebook page, not the school facebook page. jesus. some of you people need to get a freaking grip.
On a personal level, I absolutely agree with her viewpoint.

She should just know that as a principal, she should keep her mouth shut on a social forum where she's not anonymous, taking sides on this issue.

Principals, preachers, school superintendents, mayors, police chiefs, etc. have to be more circumspect than, say, a checker at the grocery store when publicly expressing opinions.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
Not necessarily. Vermont is not as white as it used to be known for. They allowed refugee resettlement programs, so a lot of government work is already controlled by refugees. And of course refugees only hire other refugees. The refugees and diversity quotas sucked up a lot decent jobs. Meanwhile the economy of Vermont for the real locals has always been brutal as can be. So on and so fourth.

Really twisted and bittersweet justice served again.
I am fully aware that it's become "diverse." now it's only the second whitest state in the US.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:

She should just know that as a principal, she should keep her mouth shut on a social forum where she's not anonymous, taking sides on this issue.

Principals, preachers, school superintendents, mayors, police chiefs, etc. have to be more circumspect than, say, a checker at the grocery store when publicly expressing opinions.
I actually got off of social media after this all started happening. she didn't say anything even remotely controversial. I have absolutely zero clue what she said that would even bother someone. I think maybe someone already didn't like her, and decided to get offended out of thin air. because the one person who was offended was the only black person in the history of the school, they felt the need to bow.......er.......I mean act.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:36 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep. Get use to it!!! There is always Europe.
At least you're being honest here.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:41 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:

"Silence is violence," they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.