Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 02:31 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
So just because it's norm in your state one should just comply and do as told? Last time i checked this is still America and we have freedom to decide what we do with our body. I am not going to let government tell me what i should put on(over) my face.
We live in a "free," society. Right now, we are in the worst pandemic in 100 years. If wearing a mask will help us get back to enjoying our country and lives, why not wear the darn mask.

We don't have to act like a bunch of spoiled brats and just defy scientists and the medical professionals, just because we have a president that can not be a role model.

Sounds like the vaccines are getting closer, we can't see this horrific virus, but we can see the effects. If we can do a simple thing like throw on a mask to save one life; yours or anyone, why not, it's pretty simple. Have you seen how the virus spreads, from a cough or sneeze?

I don't know how we got here; but lets do everything we can to get out of this mess, than we can celebrate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 02:31 AM

273 posts, read 96,791 times
maybe everyone would take the virus more seriously and wear masks if instead of saying 130,000 dead for the "virus"

We say 130,000 murdered by the CCP's bioweapon.

Last edited by mizzou88; 06-28-2020 at 02:58 AM..

Old 06-28-2020, 03:01 AM

273 posts, read 96,791 times
I think one reason Taiwan took the virus so seriously and controlled it is because the general public acknowledged its a CCP bioweapon and needs to be taken seriously.

When you say its a harmless virus from a batsoup it doesn't sound so scary.

Telling the public its 100% a CCP bioweapon will of course instill a lot of fear at first , but in the long run people will be a lot less fearful bc they will likely take the virus more seriously and spread will go down and we won't be as at risk, and can relax more without fearing catching the virus everytime we go to the store,

If we want spread to go down in the USA, we can start by calling it for what it is "A CCP bioweapon" . then people would take it more seriously.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:27 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
For those putting all their eggs in the herd immunity basket, there's some bad news:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...A1x?li=AAggNb9

Old 06-28-2020, 06:13 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,708 times
I don't know anyone freaking out over masks, but I am bothered by the obvious hypocrisy of it being mandated on law abiding citizens and not on the "protesters" This is the same crap like the gun situation. Gun laws only impose on the law abiding citizens, not the real trouble makers in society.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:15 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Because they have the sense to know the numbers don't justify the overblown paranoia in most places and it's a manipulation to keep people in a siege mentality until the election, preferably with mail in ballots to make typically leftwing voter fraud easier.

Bingo!

Old 06-28-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Ironically enough, those that resist wearing masks are most likely to benefit the rest of society by covering up their unpleasant looking faces.

I'd rather be ugly on the outside than in the heart and mind, like some folks.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I mask when Needed - But look at the ones who are freaking out - the Actually maskers.. Karen much???

Amen! They really ought to watch out -- being constantly angry is not healthy. I mean, we wouldn't want them to have a stroke, now would we?

Old 06-28-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
What's more nuts? Not covering your face or attacking a stranger in public because her face isn't covered?

Of course, those doing the attacking are the unstable ones! In my experience, they are the unhappiest people who try to make themselves feel more relevant by being self appointed arbiters of public morals.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Of course it does! What else do you call posting of video of a bunch of women accosting another woman in a store?

Self appointed arbiters of public morals. Sad little people with sad little lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies