Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 08:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

How many deaths in Japan with very limited shutdowns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 10:55 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Probably true, but it’s best to slow it down as much as possible so that hospitals are not overwhelmed.

That’s the whole point of “flattening the curve.” We know we can’t eliminate the curve, but we certainly can flatten it by slowing the spread.
Sadly too many people don't care about this. I almost said they don't understand this, but nobody is really that stupid. This is just political for lots of people and they prefer to be stubborn and selfish because they think they are proving some kind of point by denying logic and science.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:22 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Isn't Trump responsible for the anti mask population in America?

If Trump wore a mask think of the impact it would have.
Absolutely not. My father is a Republican through and through, as I am too. But my father wears a mask and I don't.

The mask thing, IMO, is nothing more than a massive psychological head game just to cause friction and disruption within society. Just research the roll and importance facial expressions play within society. Slapping on the mask removes such roll. I love my father and if he wants to wear the damn thing, it's ok by me. But not all feel the same. Mostly the mask wearing team displays aggression towards those who choose not to wear the mask, which is absolutely what this entire head game is set out to do, cause animosity and civil unrest, of course, perfect timing, leading up to the 2020 election.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:25 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And ensure a Biden Presidency
There is always a silver lining.

It's pretty crazy for Trump to endanger his own voters like he did at his recent rally in Oklahoma. At least he only got 6,000 instead of the million he expected.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
COVID would disappear in days if Americans turned off their TV or at least stop watching the MSM.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:40 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Absolutely not. My father is a Republican through and through, as I am too. But my father wears a mask and I don't.

The mask thing, IMO, is nothing more than a massive psychological head game just to cause friction and disruption within society. Just research the roll and importance facial expressions play within society. Slapping on the mask removes such roll. I love my father and if he wants to wear the damn thing, it's ok by me. But not all feel the same. Mostly the mask wearing team displays aggression towards those who choose not to wear the mask, which is absolutely what this entire head game is set out to do, cause animosity and civil unrest, of course, perfect timing, leading up to the 2020 election.
I'm suspicious of this to.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:42 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:

Astute observation.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:50 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:

I never understood the "Trumo doesn't wear a mask so he's influencing others not to wear one" people. The left wing media blasts Trump for this all while sitting in their studios and not wearing masks.

The fact that masks ha sbecome political at all is just stupid.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:50 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:

The mask doesn't protect YOU from others, it protects others from you. You have no idea if you are a carrier, and no idea how many you may infect.

But we know the death rate in the US right now is 4.78 percent of those infected. Which means, you could be directly the reason 5 people died if you infected 100. And we know how viral Covid is.

Herd immunity doesn't mean we need herd stupidity.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:53 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
COVID would disappear in days if Americans turned off their TV or at least stop watching the MSM.
No, viruses do not depend on the TV and MSM for infecting, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies