Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 07:48 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
L0L! I actually saw a masked driver the other day. Silliest thing!
Many Uber drivers and taxi drivers have been advised to wear masks even while alone in the car and even take it further to crack the windows after dropping of a fair to air out the vehicle. It is a tight space which raises the risk.

Some have mentioned that if you are running errands going in and out of stores, you want to touch that mask as minimally as possible.... are you sure the driver was just heading to their next stop on an errand trip? I usually remove the mask and wipe my hands (and steering wheel) but its not something i want to do over and over again between stops on my errand run.

My neighbor is health compromised and elderly.... but also lives alone so he must occasionally leave his home So he is taking extra precaution and wearing a mask whenever he is out of the house.... In part to remind himself not to touch his face. Are you sure the driver wasn't taking the same precautions... maybe they are immune compromised?

Maybe a health care professional who works with COVID patients and they are at a high risk of being carriers and prefers to just wear it?

There are all sorts of things that can be a factor here that is impossible for you to know... Why the shaming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 07:51 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And ensure a Biden Presidency
Fun story bro.

There’s nothing to be afraid of for the vast majority so calm down with the attack of the Karen’s mask hysteria. Turn Maddow off for a few days.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:57 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Hey whatever. If my number comes up, so be it.
The human race is disgusting. Should be extinct.
That’s some red pill rage right there lol. Well played.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:01 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Fun story bro.

There’s nothing to be afraid of for the vast majority so calm down with the attack of the Karen’s mask hysteria. Turn Maddow off for a few days.
Quote:
That’s some red pill rage right there lol. Well played.
Bingo.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Fun story bro.

No, it's just a small minority being hospitalized and dying. Probably 180,000 deaths before we are done when two simple things , social distancing and mask wearing can save lives and businesses. Not to even mention help my 401K.

Never mind, I'm talking to someone who uses the term bro.

Americans are dying and businesses are failing due to pure ignorance.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:33 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,200 times
The reason why a high-density country like Japan is able to keep it's COVID cases low and keep their economy going is that they all wear masks.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...t-coronavirus/

If you care about the economy and want to keep your job....wear a mask!

Old 06-28-2020, 09:34 PM

1,231 posts, read 449,047 times
People not wearing masks are just contributing to helping shut businesses down and that hurts the economy.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:52 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
People not wearing masks are just contributing to helping shut businesses down and that hurts the economy.
Most people are wearing them so I doubt those that aren't are keeping our economy shut down. Either way, we have to open our economy soon or it will have more of a devastating effect on our society than the virus. Keep in mind that most people don't die from it.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:59 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
If masks work then why didn't we give them to the prisoners in jail instead of releasing them back into our society?

Old 06-29-2020, 08:02 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Sorry but the mask-shaming people are getting boring to listen to now. I wear a mask in stores because we have to so I do it. But no, I'm not about bashing others for not wearing them if not needed. I know well enough the masks are generally useless in regards to preventing the spread of a virus as small as this one because unless you have the correct n95 masks and wearing it correctly, then you're not really doing much.

Unless the govt is handing out the n95 masks for free, shutup already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies