Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:05 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Incorrect. Those attending inside rally's were asked to sign a waiver.
Your post makes no sense. So what? What does that have to do with large crowds protesting during a pandemic?

The protests were irresponsible. The rallys were also irresponsible. They’re both the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 11:11 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
At least in my area the increased cases are being blamed on young people that went out and swarmed bars etc. right after the ban lifted.

Older people, those at risk etc. were still playing it safe.

I think that as normal you guys are ascribing way too much of a political impact to something that in reality is just young people making bad decisions after a curfew got lifted.

Old 06-28-2020, 11:39 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Sooner or later, we're all probably going to catch this thing and nothing we do changes that fact. So the decision on whether or not to wear a mask, at best, is just a decision whether you want to deal with it now or later. At best, a safe and working vaccine won't be available till about this time next year. We've learned a great deal about how to treat Covid-19, so now might be the time to catch it and get it over with for a lot of people.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Sooner or later, we're all probably going to catch this thing and nothing we do changes that fact. So the decision on whether or not to wear a mask, at best, is just a decision whether you want to deal with it now or later. At best, a safe and working vaccine won't be available till about this time next year. We've learned a great deal about how to treat Covid-19, so now might be the time to catch it and get it over with for a lot of people.
On the great vaccine don't be so sure of that -- did they come up with one for SARS and HIV???? I don't think so. Don't hold your breath on this one. To this day, I get NO vaccines for any issues that "they" tell us to get...including flues, shingles but I did get a tetnus shot some yrs ago due to a rusty nail in my foot issue....

You be your own vaccine with good supports for your Immune System.... Get Smart...

Old 06-28-2020, 12:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Not true. I’m getting a vaccine in two weeks.

I’m pretty damn sure it’s safe.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:35 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Kind of scary to think it is a way to kill someone without being indicted and facing legal charges. I wonder if they are having "COVID Convert" parties.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:38 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not true. I’m getting a vaccine in two weeks.

I’m pretty damn sure it’s safe.
Yeah sure. Biden’s lucid and Trump is polite and gracious on Twitter too.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Yeah sure. Biden’s lucid and Trump is polite and gracious on Twitter too.
I’ll let ya know how I fare.

In just the last couple weeks a cheap steroid has been discovered to reduce mortality. Anyone who thinks it’s better to get this virus now is working with a single digit IQ.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Or perhaps they think a few thousand dead grandmas is a small price to pay for their freedom to express their phony social outrage. Interesting, now that the granny killing shoe is on the other foot.
It’s crazy how Democrats/Liberals ignore the destruction of our nation (killings, shootings, riots, burning anything in site, defacing public and private property, physical assaults, blocking interstates, commandeering city blocks to play fort, spreading CoVid by the thousands in these “peaceful’ protest, etc all done by the left.

But go apechit over a Trump rally, lol

Old 06-28-2020, 12:51 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Still thinks covid is a hoax while Texas and Florida may have to shut down again...
As the amount of tests keep rolling in, one thing is certainly apparent. The mortality rate of COVID is very similar and may even be less than the common flu in the next couple of months. Flu numbers are fairly accurate each year as we have a good testing and reporting every season. As testing increases with COVID and as a cure is made widely available, COVID will be compared to other flu season as "a bit nasty" and not as "world ender".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies