Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 05:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The only people who are that fearful are Trump apologists who shake in their pants after hearing some nonsense in the internet. You'll never hear anyone else say it's dangerous.

99.99% of Americans do not think it is dangerous to fly the American flag on 4th of July.
Depends where you live. In my neighborhood, it's fine.

Go try flying one on the outskirts of CHAZ in Seattle, and let us know the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 06:03 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Go try flying one on the outskirts of CHAZ in Seattle, and let us know the outcome.
This. I live in a heavily Republican area. Not only are American flags flying, there are numerous Trump flags and signs as well. BLM supporters are TOO FAR OUTNUMBERED (if not nonexistent) to be any kind of worry here.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:10 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Sadly your friends are capitulating to the mob out of fear.

As a very wise man in our American history once said (with grater intellect than any 20 modern day people possess);

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

While I as a white guy who can handle himself do not go looking for trouble, I will not allow soyboy losers who might be my neighbors to dictate to me how to celebrate our counties independence from British tyranny.
This despite the fact I do not put out signs or bumper stickers expressing my political views, nor those whom I intend to vote for.
That is because my political beliefs are my business, no one else.

However love of our country and patriotism are everyone's business, and I will be damned if some losers of any color (or political view), think they will intimidate me into capitulating to their warped ideology out of fear.
Thus while I will not go looking for a fight, neither will I pretend to be a loser to avoid a possible conflict.

`
I agree!! But I also understand my friend’s concern — they live in a super liberal neighborhood near the protests where the negative stereotyping of our country’s flag is very triggering to the democrat party anarchists.

If we let the left bully us...they win, and the country loses.
They’ve already bullied us over the national anthem, using words like patriot, nationalism, America First, etc etc etc

You can tell from the Dems posts here they have NO IDEA what’s really happening in this country.....

Old 07-01-2020, 06:16 AM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Among other things I put my flag out every fair weather day in memory of my Dad and the multitudes who gave so much of themselves in WW II. And the First Amendment, one of the things they were fighting for, unfortunately escapes the minds of many.
There's not much to celebrate. Our freedoms are getting fewer and fewer, being snatched away by the fascism the dems are setting up. The dems are the modern day Nazi party.

They closed the beaches, parks, bars, outlawed family gatherings in an effert to make Americans forget our independence. Normal things we do on July 4th is now suppressed. Loads of people protest and riot over the death of a criminal but Where's the protesting in the interest of our National Independence?

The dems make me embarrassed to be an american. We're the laughing stock of the world not because of Donald Trump, but because we brag so much about how much freedom we have and now they're watching while one Nazi-like political party is able to suppress that freedom we brag about. The world is chuckling at us.

Instead of doing the right thing and rounding up the dem leaders of this fascism and making them face accountability as the traitors they are the FBI and military stand around playing pocket pool.

Meanwhile on this July 4th the only ones who have freedom are the criminals running around in the streets terrorizing the law abiding that have full dem endorsement.

Clown world is officially here.

EDIT: You know what! Proudly display the stars and stripes! Throw it in the dems faces. Always fight til the last breath!

Last edited by Rkstar71; 07-01-2020 at 06:34 AM..

Old 07-01-2020, 06:53 AM

289 posts, read 143,772 times
The brave men and women fought for this country overseas and on her soil in many wars. There was never a national questions if it's dangerous or not to fight for freedom. Look at us now, we're discussing if it's dangerous to fly the Flag!!!!

Old 07-01-2020, 06:58 AM

270 posts, read 833,723 times
It's pretty sad and really alarming when this even becomes a question and have 19 pages of discussion.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:00 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niubee43V3R View Post
It's pretty sad and really alarming when this even becomes a question and have 19 pages of discussion.
I was just thinking the same thing. Each day I get more shocked at how we've become the Twilight Zone.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The only people who are that fearful are Trump apologists who shake in their pants after hearing some nonsense in the internet. You'll never hear anyone else say it's dangerous to fly a flag.

I'll bet 99.9% of Americans do not think it is dangerous to fly the American flag on 4th of July. 0.01% still leaves 320 000 Americans who think its dangerous, and I think that is a realistic number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Let me just say it again: I'll bet 99.9% of Americans do not think it is dangerous to fly the American flag on 4th of July. 0.01% still leaves 320 000 Americans who think its dangerous, and I think that is a realistic number.

So, yes there are some Americans who are too afraid to fly it, while practically everyone else doesn't give it one second of thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
They closed the beaches, parks, bars, outlawed family gatherings in an effert to make Americans forget our independence. Normal things we do on July 4th is now suppressed. Loads of people protest and riot over the death of a criminal but Where's the protesting in the interest of our National Independence?

The dems make me embarrassed to be an american.
You were born to be embarrassed, and you were brought up to blame whoever you are told to blame. Here is Florida the decision to close the beaches was done by Republican politicians, but feel free to blame it on whoever you want.

Quote:
We're the laughing stock of the world not because of Donald Trump, but because we brag so much about how much freedom we have and now they're watching while one Nazi-like political party is able to suppress that freedom we brag about. The world is chuckling at us.
No, they are laughing at Trump. You, and other Trump apologists are the only people on this planet who think they are laughing at anything else. You put a clown in the WH, and everything fell apart, and now you sit there and try to find someone else to blame, and yet at the same time you are asking for four more years of the same......? The mind of a Trump apologist is a mysterious place.

My flag is out, and will be. No reason to ever take it down.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-01-2020 at 07:10 AM..

Old 07-01-2020, 07:09 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. Each day I get more shocked at how we've become the Twilight Zone.
Fear is the great divider. When you can get people to fear someone or something, you have weakened their bonds.

Beware of trolls during election season. The more they can drum up us vs. them, the more they can divide.

It is sad that a thread, probably started by a troll, would have this much discussion. This is a non issue.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:19 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Fear is the great divider. When you can get people to fear someone or something, you have weakened their bonds.

Beware of trolls during election season. The more they can drum up us vs. them, the more they can divide.

It is sad that a thread, probably started by a troll, would have this much discussion. This is a non issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies