Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 10:19 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Republicans live on ridiculous notions. Look at the president.
Isn't that the truth? Conspiracies everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 10:49 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In Fl almost any Fire Station will take it for you. Our corporation's flags once came tattered, we folded it and took to them. Might just give them a call, as there are plenty more than VFWs close by
They will burn it. That is the proper way to dispose of a tattered American flag

Every time the subject of the flag comes up I mention the flag code. Most people have no clue what it says about our American flag.

The day I saw some military unit sent an American flag that they had written all over to the POTUS to autograph hit my last nerve.

Well that and half the real estate agents in the country using the 4th to line streets with flags dragging in the dirt, getting peed on by dogs and finally washed down the storm sewer.

These days we have all sorts of home dec stuff with pictures of the American flag. You can wipe your feet on it, cover your ass with it, whatever.

But the right goes nuts when an athlete takes a knee during the National Anthem. They will fly their flag in the rain and in the dark, while cussing a football player.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Is it dangerous to put out a flag or show patriotism this Fourth of July?

That's just silly, of course not. My flag will be out just the same as every year.

How do people come up with these crazy ideas?

Old 06-30-2020, 11:15 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

That's just silly, of course not. My flag will be out just the same as every year.

Fox News probably had a segment about it,. Instead of focusing on the pandemic and Russia's bounty on our soldiers Fox is covering for Trump by making it about statues and the Confederate flag and things racist want to preserve.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:35 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Doesn't matter what you feel.

The source of the concern right now is social justice.

You can create some other myth to justify why you feel the way you do.

And of course left leaning anarchists will support some kind of fight against right leaning govt.

Same way right leaning anarchists support white supremacists.

WHITE POWER --- we had a President of the USA post a tweet where White Power was the cheer....not once but twice.

He didn't hear it, get the meaning whatever....we live in a world where we have racial tension and our President tweets that.

If President Trump had any gumption he would have immediately released a statement apologizing and realizing how this kind of chant can make so many American f.eels . He didn't. It was dimissed -- he didn't hear, didn't have the sound on. Oh well all is right in the world again. Like his refusal to condemn the white supremacists in Charlottesville and claim -- some of them were nice people -- his refusal to own his mistake and condemn these people is disgusting.

HE made a mistake and can't even condemn the white power chant.

And you all dance and sing and try to divert.

There is a BLM because there is White Power.
What MYTH are you referring too?

Fundamentally, I agree with activists that see systemic racism in policing against people of color. Reform can be a good thing. I detest racism. But, I am not naive enough to believe you can end such practices. The tide can be stemmed, but never stopped. I am for reforming policing as long as the safety of the people who are living in the most violent neighborhoods where they are more likely to encounter black on black violence than police violence. So far NO ONE has been able to come up with a reform that will address both issues.

For the last 50 years, we have been subjected to "black power." That's ok, but White Power isn't? Brown Power is fine but White power is bad? What exactly is Black power and white power? They are merely trigger words used to anger people. Both phrases are stupid. The boogie man and excuses that the black community is always looking for is easy to find if they look in the mirror.

There is a BLM because the key witness in the Michael Brown shooting lied through his teeth. BLM was founded on a lie and continues to be used as a pawn by the Democrats and radical left. These people have been using black lives as their instruments of destruction for years. Nothing will really change if they depend on Democrats. In less than 3 years Trump brought real change and justice reform to the black community. No singing and dancing, no diverting just the facts. Follow the money. There is no denying where those donations are going too. Democrats coffers and other radical organizations.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:44 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
It is a hate crime to put a US flag up and celebrate The 4th.

In doing so, you could suffer the consequences such as job loss, harassment, violence, among other things.

Please refrain from celebrating the independence of such a god awful, hateful country.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:46 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post

There is a BLM because the key witness in the Michael Brown shooting lied through his teeth. BLM was founded on a lie and continues to be used as a pawn by the Democrats and radical left. These people have been using black lives as their instruments of destruction for years. Nothing will really change if they depend on Democrats. In less than 3 years Trump brought real change and justice reform to the black community. No singing and dancing, no diverting just the facts. Follow the money. There is no denying where those donations are going too. Democrats coffers and other radical organizations.
The people that rely and believe 98% of the Media (Democrat Propaganda) don't know this, or don't want to know.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can't imagine somebody coming into a yard and becoming violent just because of flying the flag. What a ridiculous notion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Republicans live on ridiculous notions. Look at the president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

imagine harder.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...n-flags-arson/

Old 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A friend told me last night she and her husband have decided not to put their big flag out near the road this 4th, as she is surrounded by democrat neighbors who were in town protesting the last two weekends.

Anyone else concerned about local democrats and anarchists targeting them on the 4th?

We will put our flag out as usual. If we don’t stand up to the anti-American anarchists trying to take over the country, then they will.....
There are some things that you must stand up for. Like a lot of my Republicans friends, we would be scared to be vandalized if we put up a sign for a Republican candidate, but a flag is worth standing up for. I'm putting mine out.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:03 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So ridiculous. Such paranoia.

By the way, flying an Ameeican flag doesn't make you a patriot. In my experience the people most obsessed with the flag are the onee who know the least about our constitution.
Guess you didn't read the post two up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies