Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: if black americans were "model minorities", would we still have racial tension?
Yes, racism and hate would still exist as it does today 33 17.37%
Some, but a lot less 92 48.42%
No, racism as it currently exists in the US would cease to exist 55 28.95%
Don't know 10 5.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 12:09 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
240 some years ago a bunch of people were smart enough to organize a unified nation. That nation now stretches sea to sea and the people have enacted laws to make it a better place for everyone. Some of those laws include ones on immigration.

If the First Emigrants had been organized enough they might have done something similar.

But they didn't.
After they slaughtered the natives, and brought in enslaved people whom would remain in bondage for generations.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Oh, yeah, that's right, in your narrow mind everybody in the world 'complains' about black males.

You seem to be stuck in your school years and like playing the 'victim.'

I'll let you in on a little secret about adult white people (which I doubt you'll believe) - we know the difference between arrogant ghetto trash and good black people. We generally like and accept good black people and treat them the same as any other decent person.

This goes for us 'racists,' also.
Some black people won't give you the option to treat them as anything other than a decent person. Understand that.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:52 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Some black people won't give you the option to treat them as anything other than a decent person. Understand that.
Right? I think you were supposed to say well gosh, THANKS SO MUCH, BOSS.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:00 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
The real question is, if America wasn't a democracy would we have racial tension?

Old 07-06-2020, 01:08 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Quote:
After they slaughtered the natives, and brought in enslaved people whom would remain in bondage for generations.
Enslaved people who were rounded up and captured and sold to Europeans and Americans by black Africans and Arabs .....

Old 07-06-2020, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Enslaved people who were rounded up and captured and sold to Europeans and Americans by black Africans and Arabs .....
The same Europeans who kept them enslaved for generations. Why didn't they free the slaves upon arrival to America?

Old 07-06-2020, 01:33 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
The same Europeans who kept them enslaved for generations. Why didn't they free the slaves upon arrival to America?
For the same reason the black Africans and Arabs enslaved them in the first place.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:29 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
If blacks were not here, you would not have any problems with us. That is a fact.
Ok......I don't know how you came to that conclusion based on my post. I suspect the reason for this misdirection of a response is because everything I posted were unbiased facts, data and cannot be logically refuted. If you have something that's objective and factual to disprove what I posted, please I would love to hear it.

Personally speaking I have zero problems with blacks in the USA. I have never been negatively affected personally by blacks so why would I have a problem with them? In fact, since you decided to resort to a personal attack to my very objective post; I guess I have to give personal examples to explain why I have no problems with blacks.

I grew up in a primarily black neighborhood up until I was 13. All my neighborhood friends up to that age were black except for 1 spanish kid. Me nor anyone in my family has been a victim of a crime perpetrated by someone black. I have never been bullied, harassed or picked on by blacks at my majority black schools I went to (including high school). My godson is black and his father is one of my closest friends whom I have known for almost 20 years. So please I would love to understand how based on my previous post and this one you think I have "problems with black people." I can give another hundred examples from my persona life but that's irrelevant because I'm just an individual. Whats relevant is that there are shared values/beliefs/habits among members of different groups. This isn't solely exclusive to race. It extends to nationality, countries, job classes, socioeconomic class, people who have a certain hobby etc. These shared values can easily be identified and evaluated to see the advantages/disadvantages of such values. That in turn can easily be used to understand cause and effect on said group. This is not an opinion but a fact. This is how mankind has operated since the dawn of time. Using that concept I was simply pointing out the best path for African Americans to take in order to improve their overall situation in the USA.

Your response exemplifies what I mentioned in my previous post regarding "personal improvement" vs "blaming others" when it comes on an individuals/groups overall attitude towards life. I posted some very objective information that would give anyone without bias some things to think about regarding the best ways to progress forward as a society. However, since you are so set on mindlessly attacking/blaming others for issues that your automatic response was a one sentence personal attack against me.

Last edited by griffon652; 07-06-2020 at 03:41 AM..

Old 07-06-2020, 03:57 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
If blacks were not here, you would not have any problems with us. That is a fact.
No. If Africans had come by their own choice, there wouldn't be nearly the resentment that their community has now. They wouldn't be b*tching about their slave roots. However, there might still be some tensions over social encounters with non-blacks, since this alternative time-line America would still be a white European majority country.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:55 AM

380 posts, read 125,778 times
Quote:
No, the arrogant ones just get ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies