Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 02:30 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I'd agree

First, responsibility & accountability and that's going to be hard seeing how they
have almost done away with MPD and city leaders have private security
This is false. As of today, outside of a few new rules to mitigate the use of excessive force, the MPD is still alive and well and not materially different from the day George Floyd was killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 07:37 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,394 times
I'm not a mind reader, but this is what I posted at 12:38 pm on May 28.

"Walz and Frey should have communicated to the MPD to get a timeline of what's going to happen and then communicated with confidence to the community that justice will be served, but that due process is part of the legal system.

Instead they express outrage and disbelief, I guess because it's in fashion, as if they had no idea who was in charge of Minneapolis and Minnesota. It's seems like they weren't aware people would take this as a license to commit violence, loot stores, and burn places to the ground. They are walking the fine line of trying to appease the SJW mob and not allowing the city to devolve into a third world ghetto."

Shortly before 11 pm the 3rd precinct was reported as being on fire. What was going to happen and what we needed from our leaders was as plain as day, yet they refused to act. I live a 20 min drive from the 3rd precinct and think any federal aid to Minneapolis/Minnesota at this time should be refused.

Local taxpayers voted these leaders in and need to step up and save these local businesses. If it's increased taxes, then so be it, that's what we signed up for when we voted these loonies into office.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:43 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9
The Minnesota state government deliberately CHOSE to facilitate this destruction.
This....is not at all true.
It's entirely true. All they had to do was arrest the rioters. They chose to let them riot.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's entirely true. All they had to do was arrest the rioters. They chose to let them riot.
Many of the rioters have been arrested and charged. Try to keep up.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:42 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
This is false. As of today, outside of a few new rules to mitigate the use of excessive force, the MPD is still alive and well and not materially different from the day George Floyd was killed.
Alive and well? On life support at best......

Every progressive and anarchist in Minnesota has been demanding "Defund the Police!" for weeks now, which includes the entire city council (Frey showed a very rare, and brief glimpse of spine regarding that), and that is not a situation that is resolved by any means.

When asked pointed questions about the status of police, city council prez Lisa Bender gave some mushy non answer about "privilege" that checked the progressive virtue boxes, and nothing else.
The idiots in charge of the city are simply trying to figure out how they can implement this dopey pipe dream with social workers and such. The MSP PD are not "alive and well".

By the way, since this thread is about Walz taking his begging bowl to Wash DC so the rest of us can pay for the damage your anarchists and lefties did, are you aware that the private security at $4500 a week for just 3 of your city council members is additive to the cost of Mpls police now?

Really, it is not lost on me that Walz wants the rest of us tax payers to provide a budget that wedges in expensive "special" private security consideration for members that simply meet certain inter sectional points on the lefty identity politics scale?

That wont be lost on those making a decision about funding for MN either.

Last edited by snebarekim; 07-06-2020 at 01:06 AM..

Old 07-06-2020, 03:22 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times
Quote:
As someone who saw everything go down in real time I’m not sure it’s fair or reasonable to find either the mayor or governor culpable for what happened. You’re free to play Monday morning quarterback on the situation and hypothesize how things could have been handled differently (as many people here seem to be doing). The current situation is that alot of residents and small business owners are hurting in an already underprivileged area. This request for federal aid is for them, not the governor. The mean-spiritedness and lack of compassion I’m reading here is disheartening. These are fellow Americans we’re talking about.

Stop voting for pro criminal politicians who promise you free stuff. Simple solution

Old 07-06-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Alive and well? On life support at best......

Every progressive and anarchist in Minnesota has been demanding "Defund the Police!" for weeks now, which includes the entire city council (Frey showed a very rare, and brief glimpse of spine regarding that), and that is not a situation that is resolved by any means.

When asked pointed questions about the status of police, city council prez Lisa Bender gave some mushy non answer about "privilege" that checked the progressive virtue boxes, and nothing else.
The idiots in charge of the city are simply trying to figure out how they can implement this dopey pipe dream with social workers and such. The MSP PD are not "alive and well".

By the way, since this thread is about Walz taking his begging bowl to Wash DC so the rest of us can pay for the damage your anarchists and lefties did, are you aware that the private security at $4500 a week for just 3 of your city council members is additive to the cost of Mpls police now?

Really, it is not lost on me that Walz wants the rest of us tax payers to provide a budget that wedges in expensive "special" private security consideration for members that simply meet certain inter sectional points on the lefty identity politics scale?

That wont be lost on those making a decision about funding for MN either.
The only aspect of the police that could be considered on life support right now is the police union. It is ironic to me that conservatives are the most critical of the actions taken by Minneapolis City Council since they haven taken steps to effectively break up a powerful labor union. The ultimate plan is to replace the current police with a new un-unionized police force that can actually be held accountable.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:45 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
The only aspect of the police that could be considered on life support right now is the police union. It is ironic to me that conservatives are the most critical of the actions taken by Minneapolis City Council since they haven taken steps to effectively break up a powerful labor union. The ultimate plan is to replace the current police with a new un-unionized police force that can actually be held accountable.
I'd never thought I'd see the day when progressives would start union busting.

Personally, I don't think any public workers should be unionized.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'd never thought I'd see the day when progressives would start union busting.

Personally, I don't think any public workers should be unionized.
Then it sounds like you’re in agreement with the actions taken by Minneapolis City Council.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:52 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Let's put some of these lazy rioter freeloaders to WORK cleaning up the streets they destroyed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies