Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 07:43 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I agree that there are probably plenty of people associated with BLM that care about the issues the Terry Crews brought up. I do believe that the movement will start to splinter and there will be more radical parts of the movement forming along far left lines. Any large movement is susceptible to this though.

It just seems like the more radical parts of the movement have a lot of funding and political power behind them. I don't think it's a large democrat plot, but I do think that the democrat party may see a fracturing over things like the increasing cancel culture. The problem is we must be on the guard for these radical elements that are surfacing, we don't want to get into a situation of creeping normality. I think a lot of people dismiss how things in our society could shift for the worse, and they write off suspicions about this as being overly paranoid. I just think that we need to keep are guard up against radicals infiltrating institutions, whether they be from the right or the left.
I don't disagree, and what you say is a reason why the president's response to BLM and the recent protests was so harmful. We need leaders who are compassionate, and who can sit down with and bring people together. Calling for military action and stronger 'law and order' right now just incites more violence by the more radical left and right.

Democrats want more options, but we have two parties, unfortunately. Fortunately for the democratic party though, the GOP is equally if not more destructive. Compassionate conservatives can't stomach voting for the GOP any more, and many of them are resigning to voting democrat simply to get away from what the GOP has become. I've seen an amazing number of extreme liberals really wish the GOP would present more candidates like Romney or McCain today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 07:49 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I don't disagree, and what you say is a reason why the president's response to BLM and the recent protests was so harmful
Every time the blatant issues of what is happening in the country are pointed out to previously moderate democrats and liberals, they always fall back on how terrible Trump is.

I have become convinced that Trump is very bad for the country, not because of what he is doing, but because the left has turned a blind eye to all transgressions under cover that anything anti-trump is justified, no matter how vile. He is the trojan horse of extreme left destruction

Old 07-08-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Every time the blatant issues of what is happening in the country are pointed out to previously moderate democrats and liberals, they always fall back on how terrible Trump is.

I have become convinced that Trump is very bad for the country, not because of what he is doing, but because the left has turned a blind eye to all transgressions under cover that anything anti-trump is justified, no matter how vile. He is the trojan horse of extreme left destruction
With respect, you and I have talked a lot already. I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye. Unless something has changed, we can agree to disagree, there's no point in repeating the same conversations. All the best to you, Blake.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:07 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
I don't disagree, and what you say is a reason why the president's response to BLM and the recent protests was so harmful. We need leaders who are compassionate, and who can sit down with and bring people together. Calling for military action and stronger 'law and order' right now just incites more violence by the more radical left and right.

Democrats want more options, but we have two parties, unfortunately. Fortunately for the democratic party though, the GOP is equally if not more destructive. Compassionate conservatives can't stomach voting for the GOP any more, and many of them are resigning to voting democrat simply to get away from what the GOP has become. I've seen an amazing number of extreme liberals really wish the GOP would present more candidates like Romney or McCain today.
What's stopping Democrats calling for calm? And I bet you liberals wished the GOP would present more candidates who are Democrats in Republican's clothing like Romney and McCain. I wished the democrats would present more candidates like Trump.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:55 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,742,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Cowardly Christians....running to God and Jesus for help. Get down on your knees "(cuks)" and pray that the Holy Spirit saves you from this terrorist attack.

Reply:

Another religion-hating liberal blaming the victims and defending violent, racist BLM America-haters. Color me surprised.

My take:

I think he meant that in a more conservative and masculine country like Mexico such an attack on a church wouldn't be tolerated.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:03 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Cowardly Christians....running to God and Jesus for help. Get down on your knees "(cuks)" and pray that the Holy Spirit saves you from this terrorist attack.

Reply:

Another religion-hating liberal blaming the victims and defending violent, racist BLM America-haters. Color me surprised.

My take:

I think he meant that in a more conservative and masculine country like Mexico such an attack on a church wouldn't be tolerated.
I think that your take is accurate. Liberals don't tend to use the word "****" as much as conservatives do.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:31 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
'disrupt the nuclear family' means letting friends, neighbors, extended family have a larger role in raising children, holding each other accountable, etc. I used to live in a town of 400 people in Wyoming. How they describe 'disrupting the nuclear family' is honestly very, very similar to how things worked in that town. You help each other as a community, you help your neighbor, your neighbor's kids, etc. It makes sense.
Then their choice of words is poor. Disrupt has a connotation that is undeniable.

Stop gaslighting.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:38 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Then their choice of words is poor. Disrupt has a connotation that is undeniable.

Stop gaslighting.
That’s what I said. “Disrupt” is a negative word, connoting some degree of destruction. A better choice would have been “augment,” if they really meant that. Which they don’t.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:06 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
It is fairly transparent what they are about, honestly. Unfortunately, a few bad actors can tarnish the group, if all someone looks at is the bad actors. City Data PoC is extremely right wing, so it tends to selectively show only the bad videos from BLM. Conversely, on extremely left wing forums I visit, you see threads that have hundreds of videos of cops inciting violence, beating people, etc. with no consequence.

If you ONLY look at the bad actors (on the left or right), it's easy to fall deeper into an extreme right wing or extreme left wing view. One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in times like this is assuming the 5% of people who are bad actors represent an entire group.
If BLM isn't about this stuff, show me the articles where there leaders or anyone associated with the group denounces it. You can't! We all know by now you support the Marxists ways of BLM. Just admit it and say your true intention; you are not fooling anyone.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What's stopping Democrats calling for calm? And I bet you liberals wished the GOP would present more candidates who are Democrats in Republican's clothing like Romney and McCain. I wished the democrats would present more candidates like Trump.
Why do you think liberals aren't calling for calm? I see far more rational, logical thinking by those on the left than the right, at the moment, honestly. I see people in BLM questioning the movement. From those still loyal to Trump, I rarely see self-reflection. That's disturbing, to be honest. I struggle to have respect for the GOP as long as they give candidates like Trump (he drove me out of the party). Once compassionate conservatism makes a comeback, I'll rejoin the republican party. There are problems with the democratic party today, but they are a far lesser evil.

I am sure you are going to disagree here. You and I will never see eye to eye. Nothing wrong with that. We can agree to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies