Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 09:09 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
It is fairly transparent what they are about, honestly. Unfortunately, a few bad actors can tarnish the group, if all someone looks at is the bad actors. City Data PoC is extremely right wing, so it tends to selectively show only the bad videos from BLM. Conversely, on extremely left wing forums I visit, you see threads that have hundreds of videos of cops inciting violence, beating people, etc. with no consequence.

If you ONLY look at the bad actors (on the left or right), it's easy to fall deeper into an extreme right wing or extreme left wing view. One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in times like this is assuming the 5% of people who are bad actors represent an entire group.
the foul players start with their founders Alicia Garza, and Patrisse Cullors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 09:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Then you don’t use a destructive word like “disrupt.” You say “augment.” But they know what they said. This is a group intent on destroying the very backbone of our society.

And what about the race-baiting lie that blacks are being “targeted for demise”? Good way to drive rage toward whitey, wouldn’t you say?

*sigh*

How can it be so blatant to some and so invisible to others?

Old 07-07-2020, 09:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,568 times
Quote:
Why bring up black on black crime so much, then? It's such an odd response in threads about BLM.
because the BLM crime policies will end up with numerous more dead blacks (and non blacks for that matter)

Old 07-07-2020, 09:12 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Not sure which part you specifically wanted, but with this you can find what they scrubbed you are looking for.
https://archive.org/web/
Thanks, but I need to subscribe in order to see it. But what I was referring to was when BLM came out a few years ago with their demands, and they were in two main categories. The first made all sorts of demands of whites: that they provide free college for blacks, that they pay off the student loans of all blacks, that all blacks who want to go to college automatically get accepted, reparations of course, release any blacks in jail over drug charges, etc, etc. The second part was spewing venom toward Israel, accusing it of genocide (a lie that just reeks of antisemitism), and demanding that Israelis provide Palestinians with everything they would need to wipe Israel off the map.

Obviously, their hate and demands didn’t resonate at that time. But now, after months of lockdown, people were more easily brainwashed. I do think there’s a connection,

Old 07-07-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
*sigh*

How can it be so blatant to some and so invisible to others?
I think some people are more vulnerable to being brainwashed.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengin View Post
Well it's not those white people in the pews' church. They didn't build that.
Yeah really, those built nothing white people should instead be at Rev. Wright's God da__ America church.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:16 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Then you don’t use a destructive word like “disrupt.” You say “augment.” But they know what they said. This is a group intent on destroying the very backbone of our society.

And what about the race-baiting lie that blacks are being “targeted for demise”? Good way to drive rage toward whitey, wouldn’t you say?
I don't see 'rage driven toward whitey'. I see the right complaining about that, while supporting a president who has a long history of racist behavior. It's a victim complex by Trump's base, more than anything.

Literally every time I have sat down and talked with someone in BLM as a person I've had a rational, intelligent conversation. On the other hand, I very often see blind hatred coming from Trump's base (not republicans in general, but from people who still support Trump).

Last edited by Lekrii; 07-08-2020 at 04:26 AM..

Old 07-08-2020, 04:36 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,502 times
This BLM (or having a BM as I call them) perhaps work for Trump, cause they sure are helping him win HUGE in November.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:40 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just more ‘peaceful protesters’ that will be praised by the MSM.
The Media is certainly not only covering for them but promoting them. That's why there is little public outcry.

Old 07-08-2020, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I don't see 'rage driven toward whitey'. I see the right complaining about that, while supporting a president who has a long history of racist behavior. It's a victim complex by Trump's base, more than anything.

Literally every time I have sat down and talked with someone in BLM as a person I've had a rational, intelligent conversation. On the other hand, I very often see blind hatred coming from Trump's base (not republicans in general, but from people who still support Trump).
Sorry, you’re just too biased to see this for what it is. Perhaps someone else will continue to debate you, but it would be pointless for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies