Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 03:25 PM

17,813 posts, read 7,043,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The administration blocked CDC on requiring masks by passengers and employees on public transportation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/h....co/3mgC6VqoMa

Have they considered that a mandate might lead to earlier reopening of the services?
The Democrat totalitarians in charge of the blue states aren't interested in reopening anything until after the election. It's not up to Trump whether to mandate a useless mask, unfortunately.

Old 10-11-2020, 04:05 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,393,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Africa never seemed to have covid really hit them hard. Yet they are one of the poorest if not the most poorest in the world. I would think they would argue that pandemic is over as it never really started there.
There has been a few theories on why that is. One being the continent is fairly young, which is good against SARS-CoV-2, but it also means that their life expectancy is probably a lot lower than the rest of the world.

The other thing might be tied to our Neanderthal cousins. For some reason (they don't know why yet) those with some Neanderthal DNA (1-2%) which is pretty much the entire world even Asia, EXCEPT non-whites from Sub-Saharan Africa are more susceptible in getting infected with the virus.

Old 10-11-2020, 04:24 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,629,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The Democrat totalitarians in charge of the blue states aren't interested in reopening anything until after the election. It's not up to Trump whether to mandate a useless mask, unfortunately.
Trump knew the threat was real. As far back as March and as late as August, he was trying to buy out supplies of drugs to keep them out of the hands of other countries.

https://theconversation.com/as-u-s-b...atments-141952

He was warned in January by his own National Security Council and by the CIA. Wall Street firms were telling their employees to go out and buy up supplies of toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and basic food stuff in early February.

Africa ranks last economically. The virus spreads fastest where the economic ties are strongest and there's freer flow of travel across borders.

Old 10-11-2020, 04:28 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,160,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
There has been a few theories on why that is. One being the continent is fairly young, which is good against SARS-CoV-2, but it also means that their life expectancy is probably a lot lower than the rest of the world.

The other thing might be tied to our Neanderthal cousins. For some reason (they don't know why yet) those with some Neanderthal DNA (1-2%) which is pretty much the entire world even Asia, EXCEPT non-whites from Sub-Saharan Africa are more susceptible in getting infected with the virus.

I can see younger being less susceptible to the virus but I would think they would have other preexisting condition being they have pretty low health care standard there. As DNA that is interesting, i thought our DNA was almost the same.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:50 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,955,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
There was, and in many states there still is an out of control outbreak.
No there wasn't, and no there isn't. How many people do you know personally that are sick with Covid19 as of today?

Old 10-11-2020, 05:51 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,955,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
That’s exactly what we are doing. Only going out for doctor visits with masks on.

You Trumpsters are scary—in more ways than one.
I find it absolutely terrifying that someone would have a level of denial, delusion, and paranoia that would cause them to act this way.

And by the way, I'm not a supporter of Trump. I'm a supporter of the truth. And the truth is that there is no emergency, there is no pandemic, and there never was.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:08 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,564,156 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Jam2Sml7I

Old 10-12-2020, 12:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,723,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I find it absolutely terrifying that someone would have a level of denial, delusion, and paranoia that would cause them to act this way.

And by the way, I'm not a supporter of Trump. I'm a supporter of the truth. And the truth is that there is no emergency, there is no pandemic, and there never was.
You're so all out totally WRONG that it is just clear out pitiful! Really, the truth is that I'm quite far different from you. Therefore, I realize I must face the threat of COVID-19 more cautious than you do. This is because I'm in less than great health. My glucose level after fasting is 102, which means I am pre-diabetic. My overall cholesterol level is 214, which is high. Normal is below 200. At 181 lbs, I am overweight. I am also older, from being past 50. In Oklahoma, 95.5% of the deaths blamed on CODVID-19 have happened to people age 50 or older. No doubt, unlike you, I speak for many millions of people in America.

If you value your health and your life, especially if in less than great health, please wear a mask when going out in public, such as in stores. Social distancing is also important to do. Too many people are absolutely refusing to be careful at private events. Bear in mind that a number of people of all ages have had long lasting lingering bad after effects from COVID-19 even after testing negative. Why gamble you won't be one of them?

How COVID-19 affected one young person last summer:

"I have spent the entire month of July and August, so far, rehabbing my lungs back home in Colorado with my parents and local doctors and am finally beginning to see progress, making me hopeful moving forward.

All said and done I lost 27 pounds during my time battling COVID-19. I still struggle to breathe and my sense of smell is still absent." MORE AT: https://www.ocolly.com/news/my-exper...c393744ed.html

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 10-12-2020 at 01:06 AM..

Old 10-12-2020, 01:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,723,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
No there wasn't, and no there isn't. How many people do you know personally that are sick with Covid19 as of today?
It doesn't matter if I know nobody sick with it. There are people in my town coming down with COVID-19 every day. I got an older friend whose husband has COPD and is a candidate for a heart transplant. I worry about them. I certainly wasn't worrying about them as much as a year ago when nobody ever heard of COVID-19.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:07 AM

2,791 posts, read 7,485,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The administration blocked CDC on requiring masks by passengers and employees on public transportation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/h....co/3mgC6VqoMa

Have they considered that a mandate might lead to earlier reopening of the services?
Almost all public transit is running across the country, even if some agencies have reduced their levels of service due to the pandemic. For that reason, I don't think a federal mandate from the DOT would have led to reopening anything not already open. Instead, it was something promoted by transit worker unions. I see their point in wanting to ensure the safety of their members. At the same time, a national mandate seems sort of like public health theater when virtually every airline, railroad, and transit agency already has its own mandate in place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies