Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2020, 06:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden demonstrates proper mask usage in five seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0P_lpWmnJI

Old 10-12-2020, 07:34 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It doesn't matter if I know nobody sick with it. There are people in my town coming down with COVID-19 every day. I got an older friend whose husband has COPD and is a candidate for a heart transplant. I worry about them. I certainly wasn't worrying about them as much as a year ago when nobody ever heard of COVID-19.
Will you please listen to yourself? Of course it matters. They are making an outrageous claim, trying to game people like you by shucking and jiving, and it's working! What proof do you have that there is an emergency? What proof do you have that there is a pandemic? The truth is right in front of you. Now go live and enjoy your life.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:34 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Africa never seemed to have covid really hit them hard. Yet they are one of the poorest if not the most poorest in the world. I would think they would argue that pandemic is over as it never really started there.
Well...about being poor.

The photo best depicts society and disturbing rhetoric associated with the uninformed.

Also- said virus hasn't rampaged through parts of Australia, they would've offered the same insght (albeit surging) While in the abroad my team and I rarely heard a peep locally; yet, read mounds of itel from the states. As we arrived stateside the shock value of mask and social distancing warranted chuckles.
Attached Thumbnails
Mask Wars - merged thread for all stories related to disputes about wearing masks-20200803_224540001001-1-.jpg  

Last edited by SPECFRCE; 10-12-2020 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-12-2020, 08:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Will you please listen to yourself? Of course it matters. They are making an outrageous claim, trying to game people like you by shucking and jiving, and it's working! What proof do you have that there is an emergency? What proof do you have that there is a pandemic? The truth is right in front of you. Now go live and enjoy your life.
If COVID-19 should be regarded as a mild illness that does not present a serious threat, then explain why a large city in China is seeking to test 9 million people for COVID-19 after the discovery of just about 3 dozen new cases? The situation there certainly sounds like a local public health emergency. Once again, it is not a disease you want to risk coming down with from doing absolutely nothing to prevent it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ge/ar-BB19VCMA

Old 10-12-2020, 09:05 AM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
How about the 220k excess deaths so far?

Old 10-12-2020, 09:10 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yes, I would. I can't what somebody else would have done.

This is what should have been done (not an exhaustive list):

1. Mass scale and fast testing ready in January. And don't tell me it was not a feasible thing to do. Germany, Korea did it. And now, after all this time, the testing results sometimes still take days, or a week which is completely unacceptable.
First of all, as late as January 23th, the W.H.O. was still telling the world there was "no clear evidence of human to human transmission" for COVID, and there were only 575 cases in all of China.

On Jan 26th Fauci was on on TV and radio telling the country that COVID was not something Americans should worry about. Five days later Trump declared a National Health Emergency, placed partial restrictions on flights from China, and started quarantine procedures for any incoming travelers who experience symptoms. The W.H.O. was opposed to the travel restrictions. and still not one American on US soil tested positive.

Even as early as Feb 13 the CDC discovered that their test kits were faulty. We were already into March and the CDC was still falling on its face to produce accurate test kits. Trump had to get the FDA to authorize private medical labs permission to either perform testing, or to even make test kits, because the FDA rules prohibited them from doing either.

Quote:
2. Contact tracing. Seven months later still in a pathetic state.
Once the virus spreads far and wide, contact tracing becomes less and less useful. Due to the incompetent CDC and FDA we were never able to perform contact tracing. Our professionals in the federal government health agencies failed the nation at every single crucial juncture:

1) They had contaminated test kits

2) They could not produce a sufficient quantity, and FDA rules prevented manufacturing by private industry

3) The FDA forbid private labs from performing testing, which even further limited tracing

4) They did not replenish the National Stockpile with the PPE and respirators they used up during SARS and H1N1

Quote:
3. Now about the "travel ban": there was no such thing. 100s of thousands of citizens and residents came back with no checks whatsoever. Only Hawaii established quarantine for all arrivals, and they did it on their own.
The president does not have the power to tell US citizens where they can and cannot travel. I'm always amazed at how Trump's critics will accuse him of acting like a dictator, then criticize him for NOT acting like a dictator.

The partial ban was on foreign travelers. but still, even US travelers who exhibited sign of the virus were quarantined.

Quote:
4. The lockdown (frankly, there were no real lockdowns in US) time should have been used efficiently to fix the botched 1. and 2.
Presidents do not have the power to lock down citizens, and prevent them from either traveling, or conducting their day to day business. did you expect Trump to act like a dictator, and institute martial law?

Last edited by Wapasha; 10-12-2020 at 09:21 AM..

Old 10-12-2020, 09:11 AM

284 posts, read 78,433 times
Quote:
If COVID-19 should be regarded as a mild illness that does not present a serious threat, then explain why a large city in China is seeking to test 9 million people for COVID-19 after the discovery of just about 3 dozen new cases? The situation there certainly sounds like a local public health emergency. Once again, it is not a disease you want to risk coming down with from doing absolutely nothing to prevent it.

Lol!....So we're suppose to believe anything that China says.

A Country that does not have a free press or freedom of speech for its Citizens.

Like seriously

Old 10-12-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Does the bolded sound reasonable to you?
They are trying to bring in a new system, a global system, and they are using the threat of this virus to do it. But that doesn't mean that the threat is legit. It's not, and the bolded is exhibit A to prove it.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:23 AM

8,157 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
First of all, as late as January 23th, the W.H.O. was still telling the world there was "no clear evidence of human to human transmission" for COVID, and there were only 575 cases in all of China.

On Jan 26th Fauci was on on TV and radio telling the country that COVID was not something Americans should worry about. Five days later Trump declared a National Health Emergency, placed partial restrictions on flights from China, and started quarantine procedures for any incoming travelers who experience symptoms. The W.H.O. was opposed to the travel restrictions. and still not one American on US soil tested positive.

Even as early as Feb 13 the CDC discovered that their test kits were faulty. We were already into March and the CDC was still falling on its face to produce accurate test kits. Trump had to get the FDA to authorize private medical labs permission to either perform testing, or to even make test kits, because the FDA rules prohibited them from doing either.

Once the virus spreads far and wide, contact tracing becomes less and less useful. Due to the incompetent CDC and FDA we were never able to perform contact tracing. Our professionals in the federal government health agencies failed the nation at every single crucial juncture:

1) They had contaminated test kits

2) They could not produce a sufficient quantity, and FDA rules prevented manufacturing by private industry

3) The FDA forbid private labs from performing testing, which even further limited tracing

4) They did not replenish the National Stockpile with the PPE and respirators they used up during SARS and H1N1

The president does not have the power to tell US citizens where they can and cannot travel. I'm always amazed at how Trump's critics will accuse him of acting like a dictator, then criticize him for NOT acting like a dictator.

The partial ban was on foreign travelers. but still, even US travelers who exhibited sign of the virus were quarantined.

Presidents do not have the power to lock down citizens, and prevent them from either traveling, or conducting their day to day business. did you expect Trump to act like a dictator, and institute martial law?
A lot of excuses I see.

1. FDA and CDC are part of the federal government. How come bunch of other countries had it figured out in January? Perhaps they did not spend their time on making excuses?

2. In health emergency situation government has very wide powers including quarantine. You can check the court opinions if you like.

3. How many? I'll wait. The ban on the foreign travelers was close to useless at that point. The outbreak was already in force, I'm very doubtful that many were going on vacations, lol.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
A lot of excuses I see.

1. FDA and CDC are part of the federal government. How come bunch of other countries had it figured out in January? Perhaps they did not spend their time on making excuses?

2. In health emergency situation government has very wide powers including quarantine. You can check the court opinions if you like.

3. How many? I'll wait. The ban on the foreign travelers was close to useless at that point. The outbreak was already in force, I'm very doubtful that many were going on vacations, lol.
There is no health emergency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies