Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 06:37 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
Because they don't have covid19, the all caps virus that's never been isolated from uncontaminated human genetic material.
Therefore what's being tested for with the PCR procedure (which is not a test) is a portion of human genetic material, not a covid19 virus.
You need to vet your sources better. Viruses are isolated from tissues, not "human genetic material".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...l-culture.html
  • On January 20, 2020, CDC received a clinical specimen collected from the first reported U.S. patient infected with SARS-CoV-2. CDC immediately placed the specimen into cell culture to grow a sufficient amount of virus for study.
  • On February 2, 2020, CDC generated enough SARS-CoV-2 grown in cell culture to distribute to medical and scientific researchers.
  • On February 4, 2020, CDC shipped SARS-CoV-2 to the BEI Resources Repository.
  • An article discussing the isolation and characterization of this virus specimen is available in Emerging Infectious Diseases.

PCR is indeed a test, and it can tell viral RNA from human genetic material.

About Koch's postulates:

https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/news/2...bit-holes.html

Old 01-10-2021, 07:04 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If they did work, the areas with mask mandates wouldn't have the highest rates of infection or death, right? This is just basic commonsense.
Exactly.
Common sense has been replaced by uncommon sense. Simply look around and listen up. It's amazing to me what is happening in this country.
The populace is being controlled, even paralyzed, by fear.
Not good.
How long are people willing to forfeit their precious time in the name of a virus that has a 95%+ chance of survival? Not much longer, I surmise.
Time waits for no one. It's our most precious resource, and we're fettering it away.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:18 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Exactly.
Common sense has been replaced by uncommon sense. Simply look around and listen up. It's amazing to me what is happening in this country.
The populace is being controlled, even paralyzed, by fear.
Not good.
How long are people willing to forfeit their precious time in the name of a virus that has a 95%+ chance of survival? Not much longer, I surmise.
Time waits for no one. It's our most precious resource, and we're fettering it away.
Survival is not the same as getting well. Many survivors are not well months later.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Sorry, I'd like to post all night but I'm taking my wife out to a nice dinner- no mask. Life is for the living.
How do you eat dinner with a mask on anyways?

Old 01-10-2021, 09:54 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Im sorry for you loss. But that doesn't change my opinions. I live in Chicago. I work in "the hood". It scares me more to drive to and from work everyday than to catch covid from my patients.
I'm glad you brought that up, because it's exhibit A that the masks are about control and not health. Restaurants want you to pull up your mask when you walk in, and pull them up when you walk out. I guess Covid is only catching at restaurant entrances, but not at tables.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:11 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I'm glad you brought that up, because it's exhibit A that the masks are about control and not health. Restaurants want you to pull up your mask when you walk in, and pull them up when you walk out. I guess Covid is only catching at restaurant entrances, but not at tables.
Why should I take a chance with getting covid by not wearing a mask? Just being sick with it for several days would be a drag. I've been using a mask every time I go to a restaurant, such as Texas Roadhouse, Chili's and Mexico Joe's and haven't gotten sick from covid or anything else. Those restaurants have put up partitions between the booths and spaced tables at least 6 ft. apart, which makes me feel safer. I also try to go there when it won't be busy for added protection. Masks won't stop all cases, but they may make for milder cases and lower the chance of death for the cases they don't stop.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 01-11-2021 at 12:19 AM..

Old 01-12-2021, 07:22 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Since nearly all the masks sold on Amazon are made in the city's around WUHAN China .Where the Covid came from. I am sure they are keeping us all safe,even folks who get sick while always masked.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:10 AM

Before Covid hospital staff such as techs, aids, nurses or doctors didn't walk around with masks on. The times we do wear masks is when pt is droplet precaution. Then there are a sign on the patient door to inform you what kind of PPE to wear. For droplet precaution patients we always worn masks.
Now with Covid masks are mandatory at all times. However, unless we are around patients many of us take it off.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:09 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Lol..You are truly living in a bubble if you think this is an isolated thing at my hospital. Our policy is exactly what you would expect from a hospital. However...in the real world once we are done with our patients, we might walk back into the staff room, take our masks off and breath. When we walk through the corridors at the hospital we do wear masks.
Shouldn't hospital workers use the prophylactics of ivermectin?

Old 01-17-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Shouldn't hospital workers use the prophylactics of ivermectin?
We have to wear masks in the hospital, and wear other PPE when in contact with positive or PUI patients .
After that we are responsible for making sure we are and stay healthy. When we report to work we have to have a temperature check at the door. We also have to stay home if we feel sick. We are not required to test if we don't want to.

I have been taking vitamin D, C, Zink everyday at home this past year. . Along with exercise such as running to keep my respiratory system healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies