Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 08:29 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
Incorrect. Even a cotton T-shirt can block half of inhaled aerosols and almost 80% of exhaled aerosols measuring 2 µm across. Once you get to aerosols of 4–5 µm, almost any fabric can block more than 80% in both directions.
If you don’t have COVID19 your cloth mask isn’t doing squat. Even if you do it isn’t preventing spread. This religious belief in cloth masks is probably doing more harm than good.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Punching somebody in the face is stupid. Not wearing a mask in crowded areas of a ski town is stupid as well, puts others in danger, and of course against local regulations and subject to a fine. Enforcement , especially at lift lines should be better.
Punching someone in the face is not just stupid, it’s assault and is a criminal offense.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:32 AM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If you don’t have COVID19 your cloth mask isn’t doing squat. Even if you do it isn’t preventing spread. This religious belief in cloth masks is probably doing more harm than good.
Wrong. The dose and the travel of the dose is decreased thereby decreasing probability of transmission. And while I'm not quite sure what you are calling a "cloth mask" nobody is forcing you to wear a bandana, you can wear a good quality mask that obviously works much better.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:46 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Wrong. The dose and the travel of the dose is decreased thereby decreasing probability of transmission. And while I'm not quite sure what you are calling a "cloth mask" nobody is forcing you to wear a bandana, you can wear a good quality mask that obviously works much better.
Does it? Or instead of being a drop that falls to the ground, it becomes an aerosolized mist that hangs around? Do this, go outside and turn on your garden hose, hold it waist high with no nozzle, and see how far the water goes and where. Now, stick your thumb over the end of the hose, now see where it goes.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I’m not sick so I don’t need to wear anything. Your urge to force healthy people to wear useless pointless masks is completely irrational.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I’m not sick so I don’t need to wear anything. Your urge to force healthy people to wear useless pointless masks is completely irrational.
Symptoms can take days to develop. Additionally many cases are mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. All of these can spread the disease.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:01 AM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Does it? Or instead of being a drop that falls to the ground, it becomes an aerosolized mist that hangs around? Do this, go outside and turn on your garden hose, hold it waist high with no nozzle, and see how far the water goes and where. Now, stick your thumb over the end of the hose, now see where it goes.
Better example would be putting a basketball net in front of your hose and seeing how much gets through.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Poor analogy. Look up that paper posted somewhere above.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Symptoms can take days to develop. Additionally many cases are mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. All of these can spread the disease.
Your irrational and unproven fears about asymptomatic spread do not allow you to dictate what healthy people wear or don’t wear. In fact my health status is not your business or the government’s business.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:07 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
I hate when I am considered an "anti masker". I am not anti mask, I just dont see the need to wear one. If the need was there, I would not have any issues wearing one. I dislike the mask wearing so much though that I have reduced the amount I actually go out. I have no desire to do anything wearing a mask. When I do go out, it doesnt go on until I am at the threshold of a store and is the same place it comes off when I am leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies