Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 03:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_go_hawks View Post
This!

I would expect 75% of families have one parent who is smart enough to teach elementary school. If you’ve been to a college campus you’ll realize that the majority of elementary education majors aren’t exactly geniuses. Plus, when home schooling you get to work one on one with your child, so it’s much easier than being a classroom teacher. The only reason more people don’t do it is lack of time and the fact that they’re being forced to pay thousands in taxes for their schools so they feel obligated to utilize them.
You don't have to be smart to teach. I mean it helps because maybe you can do what I did once and taught two kids US history they didn't know. That was because they once said "We know all this" which is true. History don't often change and many students hear about 1776, the ratification of the Constitution, the Civil War and any war until Vietnam more so than the in between stuff. I know that is the case with me and my schooling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 03:48 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
It's almost as if we're in a global crisis that we're trying to mitigate...

Old 07-16-2020, 05:14 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think the bottom line is people get sick of their kids.....
Speak for yourself. I don’t doubt you feel that way personally.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:22 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you? Keep in mind that one of the greatest tragedies of this situation is that it will be the poor, special ed, and ESL students who are hurt the most by the left's insistence on keeping B&M schools closed.
LMAO. Most conservatives - including the OP - have not given a rat's ass about "poor, special ed and ESL students". And now you're suddenly so concerned? Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You realize there is a pandemic going on right now?
What are you talking about? There's no pandemic. No crisis. Everything is fine. Just ask the president.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Are you? Keep in mind that one of the greatest tragedies of this situation is that it will be the poor, special ed, and ESL students who are hurt the most by the left's insistence on keeping B&M schools closed.

Are you sure you're on board with that form of systemic oppression, lefties/Dems?

It means kids won't be back in school full-time. Like I said, carefully consider which kids that harms the most. There's already a HUGE race-based achievement gap. Be sure you're on board with worsening that, or if you're a constituent, do something to change it.
You don't have much faith in the USA and its ability to provide for those that need more social interaction.

Not sure public school with COVID policies/proeduries is the best for special ed and ESL students.

And poor --- give me a break -- you think those kids are poor because their parents are lazy, sitting at home waiting for handouts...all of a sudden you want the govt. to care for the kids.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO. Most conservatives - including the OP - have not given a rat's ass about "poor, special ed and ESL students". And now you're suddenly so concerned? Pathetic.

What are you talking about? There's no pandemic. No crisis. Everything is fine. Just ask the president.
Or the OP.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:40 AM

27 posts, read 7,720 times
Quote:
Not a conservative. No plans to vote for Trump.
Do you think the left really cares about poor, special ed and ESL students?

Quote:
It's possible to hold more than one thought in one's head at a time especially when riots, defund the police, cancel culture and reverse racism are occurring DURING this pandemic.
If it's fine for 100's of thousands of people to march during a pandemic, it's fine to comment about it and discuss it as well.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:43 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Speak for yourself. I don’t doubt you feel that way personally.
I don't have kids around anymore, but in talking to my friends and relatives that do, it is certainly and adjustment having them home 24/7. Yet, I will note that you let your emotional dislike for my views cloud your judgment and opinion.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
.Anyone else notice that the anti-homeshool left......suddenly now wants everyone to homeschool? Hypocrites.
No, I haven't, but anyone with half a brain would assess the situation before sending kids back to school after Covid-19. It is not a left-right debate, its a common sense thing.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadsnsunshine View Post
Not a conservative. No plans to vote for Trump.
Do you think the left really cares about poor, special ed and ESL students?

It's possible to hold more than one thought in one's head at a time especially when riots, defund the police, cancel culture and reverse racism are occurring DURING this pandemic.
If it's fine for 100's of thousands of people to march during a pandemic, it's fine to comment about it and discuss it as well.
Yes but we have a number of states that will reopen and it could be unsafe to do so if we still have the testing capacity, supply and processing problems we do today. If Trump is serious about reopening schools, he needs to be serious about testing. Sadly he thinks it is nothing but negative to see as many positive cases as we are. Yes having the most positive cases in a single day two days in a row is negative Trump. We are in the wrong direction and not in a place where we can safely help those students who need the most help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies