Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 11:30 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,261,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
Why do you have "way to stupid" in quotation marks? That's not what i wrote.

Most people are too stupid to teach children. I knew that I was too stupid to teach my own child every subject and he would have suffered as a result. It's not an insult. It's just the truth. Most people are not proficient enough to teach. I'm great at many subjects, horrible at others. However, in a pandemic, I would certainly step up and find a way for my child to have the best possible education. Extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures.
The vast majority of parents can teach their K-8 children a standard curriculum. High School students are capable of taking classes on line. What topic would you have a problem teaching if you reviewed the text book? For me, it would be Spanish, maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 11:31 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I never heard of the term crayon curriculum. I just googled it and guess what? google hasn't either, at least not on the first pages. Is that what they teach you in home school? No wonder I never heard of it.
I wouldn't know. I wasn't homeschooled, other than being a voracious reader and an autodidact. I learned the term when I was at university, studying in the STEM departments.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Dem Mayors and Governors are making that decision for them. They elected them. Is that not their choice?
I have not read that study. Can you link? Is it peer reviewed?

As a stem major, I am sure you are familiar with peer reviewed scientific studies.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't know. I wasn't homeschooled, other than being a voracious reader and an autodidact. I learned the term when I was at university, studying in the STEM departments.
I never learned that term, nor have I ever heard it. So I googled it. You are the expert on that term it seems.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I have not read that study. Can you link? Is it peer reviewed?
Just google "democrat mayors won't open schools."

Old 07-16-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Just google "democrat mayors won't open schools."
Is that the study you refer to?

Old 07-16-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Is that the study you refer to?
There doesn't need to be a "study" when democrat mayors are publicly stating their cities' schools won't open in the fall.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
There doesn't need to be a "study" when democrat mayors are publicly stating their cities' schools won't open in the fall.
I googled it like you suggested and the first article was about NYC schools being opened. I'm not buying your study. I'd link to it but it was a Washington post article behind a fire wall.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:40 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
...suddenly now wants everyone to homeschool? Hypocrites.

I notice no evidence that the left is anti homeschooling.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
As a radical liberal, I have zero issues with homeschooling as long as it follows established guidelines and doesn't become an uber-religious indoctrination (teaching idiotic things like young earth creationism)
And who would. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies