Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 06:29 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,108,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How is it cheating if they dont specify? I've seen people with all types of homemade nonsense and no one in the store says a thing. If they are serious, they'll check.
You are smarter than that....

Again... if you are pro business rights you would respect their request and the intent and all.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

Again... if you are pro business rights you would respect their request and the intent and all.
In many cases, the businesses don't have a choice. The local governments are requiring them to do so. It's a protest against the government, not private businesses. There's a few businesses that'll let me in with sunglasses, because the order says "face coverings", but don't specify what part of the face.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:33 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

I respect the right of the store to stop me at the door or stop me anywhere within the premises and evict for an improper mask (or any other reason they want, including being a white male)
As I said, unless they state otherwise, the mesh mask meets the mask requirement on its face. If stores are serious and not virtue signaling themselves, they will address this.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
In many cases, the businesses don't have a choice. The local governments are requiring them to do so. It's a protest against the government, not private businesses.
not discussing about your country nor government... that's your problem.

I will say this... there is probably a reason why your country probably has better control over the situation than the US. Remember... open business doors doesn't drive a jump start in business... it is consumer confidence. So what you or that business man thinks is irrelevant.. what matters is what the customers' think.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I respect the right of the store to stop me at the door or stop me anywhere within the premises and evict for an improper mask (or any other reason they want, including being a white male)
And at least in NJ, they do... since they have to monitor the number of people coming in and out due to reduced occupancy.

But again... what you originally were implying and what this thread is promoting is disrespectful to the business. Capitalists respect a pro business rights stance. Conservatives I know are more respectful.

Your support for such actions is not only disrespectful but anti-business.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:36 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,284 times
Quote:
Re-read what I wrote; "as largely worn by the general public"

Quote:
Does any mask maker guarantee to protect against covid-19?

Thats what I thought. As they are seen in use by the general public masks for Covid are largely a placebo, fashion statement and/or virtue signaling.
Can a business require them? Absolutely, and anyone opposed should go right to front desk and tell them how you feel about the rule and/ or rip them a new one online.
Let me just plug in some alternative sentences into your reasoning here:

As they are seen in use by the general public seatbelts are largely a placebo, fashion statement and/or virtue signaling.

As they are seen in use by the general public bicycle helmets are largely a placebo, fashion statement and/or virtue signaling.

I could go on, but as someone already pointed out, just because something isn't 100% effective doesn't mean it is 100% ineffective. That's the fallacy.

Also, most, if not all business owners would still either make you change the mask in the OP (maybe even offer you one) or get kicked out. It's cute, but it wouldn't fly.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:41 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,817 times
I need to find a full ski mask with nose and mouth covering, then walk into a store and shop like normal. See what happens.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:47 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
I think we can all agree that we want this pandemic to be over... with that being said, can people stop stupidly prolonging it?

Old 07-18-2020, 06:50 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I think we can all agree that we want this pandemic to be over... with that being said, can people stop stupidly prolonging it?
I agree. The people in government need to stop stupidly prolonging it.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:54 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
When I was driving earlier today, I saw a bumper sticker that said "MASK IT OR CASKET". Mask wearing has become pretty much standard here inside any store or public area and I see about 60 percent of people wearing them just when walking around their own neighborhood and maybe 30 percent when driving.
Sounds like a terrible neighborhood with a lot of deceived people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies