Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 09:07 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
*cough* medical exemption *cough* see no science
I have a medical condition called 'not-brainwashed' which prevents me from wearing a mask.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You are smarter than that....

Again... if you are pro business rights you would respect their request and the intent and all.
You only have to do what the business allows. If they say masks and I wear an N95 or a piece of tissue paper over my face it is up to their discretion on whether or not that qualifies as a mask.

It's up to the property owner...always.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wussy
We both get enough violence on the outside. Figured we had our fill.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:12 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You only have to do what the business allows. If they say masks and I wear an N95 or a piece of tissue paper over my face it is up to their discretion on whether or not that qualifies as a mask.

It's up to the property owner...always.
So if a homeowner requests that I not enter into his/her home with shoes on but I come in walking with muddy with bare feet that's ok?

Playing stupid to get around the intent of the business owner's request is being childish and disrespectful... that's the point of this thread... You all are not dumb enough to not know why business owners are asking customers to wear masks but playing dumb for selfish reasons.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:14 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Haven't we been told that we don't need to wear surgical or N95 masks and just "any kind of mask that covers the mouth and nose"? Now, given the size of a virus vs the size of the filtering paths on a fabric mask, I don't see those screens being significantly difference. The left get their compliance with their little dictates, and people can still breath comfortably, win-win.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:19 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Where I live, it's not the businesses that require masks. It's the county telling businesses that masks are required. I talked to a business owner that said he doesn't want to require them, but he has to to keep his business open.
Exactly. Business owners generally aren't idiots. They'll do what's necessary, to remain in the good graces of the jurisdictional authorities. For gyms in our locale, for example, that means staying closed... in the hope of eventually garnering the dispensation to open.

Risky time, to pursue operation of a business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So anyone who believes in the State having the right to impose measures carte blanch on private business owners?

I wonder who fits under that category?
These days, pretty much everyone - regardless of putative political orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Or maybe, just maybe we’re trying to get a handle on the virus so we can get things back to normal? So we wont have to wear these damn masks anymore?
Do you seriously entertain a hope that "back to normal" is even possible? Are you still hoping that the TSA will be abolished, and airline security will return to how it was before 9/11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
We're never going to "get a handle on the virus". They'll just keep shifting the goal posts ...
We'll "get a handle" once we approach 100% infection globally. How long do we wish to delay the inevitable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
When I was driving earlier today, I saw a bumper sticker that said "MASK IT OR CASKET".
I support Team Casket.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
So if a homeowner requests that I not enter into his/her home with shoes on but I come in walking with muddy with bare feet that's ok?

Playing stupid to get around the intent of the business owner's request is being childish and disrespectful.
If it's the business owner's request I will do my best to honor their wishes. If they want to tell me to leave, regardless if I believe I've upheld their rules or not, then I must leave.

Not everyone is "playing stupid" though. Have you been in public before? A good percentage of these people can't walk and talk at the same time. No doubt they are incorrectly wearing masks with no ill-intent. They really are that stupid.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:28 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Haven't we been told that we don't need to wear surgical or N95 masks and just "any kind of mask that covers the mouth and nose"? Now, given the size of a virus vs the size of the filtering paths on a fabric mask, I don't see those screens being significantly difference. The left get their compliance with their little dictates, and people can still breath comfortably, win-win.
The left?

This isn't about left or right. It's about not spreading a disease.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:56 PM

936 posts, read 824,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The face of this reporter!

https://twitter.com/ShugahBean/statu...17610665168896

Let's all go out and buy mask! God bless America!!

That mask looks like a jockstrap, so it's probably appropriate that a bunch of dicks like the anti-maskers should wear it.

Yesterday there an 8-hour long city council meeting in Branson, MO, over their proposed mask ordnance. It brought the loons out of the woodwork to cry and whine about masks. One guy told the city councilmen: "You can't get most of these people to pull up their britches while at Wal-Mart, so how in the hell are you gonna get them to wear a mask?" That pretty much says it all....

Old 07-18-2020, 11:15 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Do you seriously entertain a hope that "back to normal" is even possible? Are you still hoping that the TSA will be abolished, and airline security will return to how it was before 9/11?
Honestly, 9/11 happened when I was a teenager.

Other than the virus, it's been normal.

Just look to getting back to just hitting bars and see people again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies