Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2020, 07:34 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

I just want to once again point out that DeBlasio has spent more time talking about BLM paint than the recent spike in violence that has seen many blacks shot.

He is reducing cops on the street but simultaneously using cops to guard paint as black blood is spilled.

Why should BLM paint have more value than black blood?

Black Lives can't Matter until ALL black lives matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 07:36 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I bet she never even saw the inside of a cell. They let her sit at a desk while they did the paperwork. Probably ordered her a steak dinner from one of the best steakhouses in the city, to eat while she waited.
Doubt that.

You miss the part where a cop might have broken an arm/shoulder during her arrest?

Old 07-19-2020, 07:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Doubt that.

You miss the part where a cop might have broken an arm/shoulder during her arrest?
I didn't miss the part where the cop was there because the Mayor thought the mural was more important than doing actual police work.

What a waste of man power and tax dollars.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:41 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Doubt that.

I saw the video. I don't think anyone would claim she was trying to hurt the officer. I think the fact that she hasn't been charged with assaulting a police officer speaks volumes.

She was charged with criminal mischief and freed within a few hours.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:43 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
kmom,

Thanks for explaining. After I posted, I saw another video link (or maybe someone re-posted the first video) and after watching in its entirety, I understand her better. Your assessment is on point.

I think right now with what's going on and has gone on in the country post George Floyd's death, the thing she is doing is the thing that will most resonate with people the most.

Nevertheless, I'm sure the media will not allow her story to gain much traction. That is not the narrative they're supporting. They're interested only in the viewpoints of Black people who see themselves perpetually as victims. The media will only highlight a victimizing incident again a Black person(s). A message likes Bev Beatty saying the Black community needs to maintain police present is not one which mainstream media will support or promote.
You're welcome.

I agree with you. I wish the media would show the diversity of black opinions on these issues. They only prefer one narrative.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:56 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Doubt that.

You didn't read the whole article. She said it was a great experience to be arrested and they were the nicest cops she has ever met. She also said that they talked about their fears for the city and where it is heading.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:58 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
They've already been explained away in the media as being "right wing gadflys"

Nothing to see here, move along now

Old 07-19-2020, 08:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default BLM vs BLM, the concept vs the organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
BLM is scum. Their supporters are either scum or weak minded brainwashed fools. BLM needs to be terminated before they cause any more deaths and destruction. They especially want to destroy all things white.

Whites and others need to educate those that believe BLM is a legit group that cares about any lives.

I will remove BLM signs and deface that racist trash graffiti every chance I get. I may or may not get arrested. Those that have been arrested for defacing BLM scum end up getting a ticket and released. Well worth one ticket to me.

Thousands of others should do the same. Get rid of this terrorist trash. Be safe.
I say leave the signs for now. The thing is that most people, like myself before becoming cognizant of it, are not aware that there is the concept that Black lives matter and then there is the organization "Black Lives Matter" and they are NOT one and the same. Nevertheless, hey are the exact same words and exact same acronym. Consequently a person could mean one when they're actually referring to the other. The terms are not simply interchangeable but are the exact terminology word for word.

Also because in the digital world, acronyms reign, it's easier to just type BLM when speaking of the concept even though this is the acronym of the organization (wonder if/when they will have it copyrighted?). It will take some doing to educate people on the fact that you can believe and support the concept that Black lives matter while not supporting the organization. This also works in reverse. You can support the organization, BLM, while not really being in support of Black lives. I believe this is what Beverly Beatty was highlighting.

For those who say All Lives Matter, of course that's true. Very, very few Black people will argue against that point. It's just at this point in time, Black lives are the one's that appear to be stake when it comes to police interactions (and I am in NO way blaming all police). Whereas the other lives are not at stake in the same way. Hence, the strong support of the concept "Black lives matter" among Black people (violent criminals are the exception as it's evident they care nothing about Black lives or any lives); as is the strong support from Whites, Hispanics, Asians, and other racial/ethnic groups who are supportive allies of the concept.

Recently, I (African-American/Black woman) was visiting a western mountainous state in a city suburb which has less than 2% Black population. Yet, I saw several home-made signs in yards, in cars windows, in home windows in White neighborhoods which read "Black Lives Matter". I believe these persons are in support of the lives of Black people who engage with police, not in support of the BLM organization. But if asked, they would believe they're in support of the organization because they believe BLM vs BLM is one and the same like I did and many Black people still do. People will have to be educated on the differences.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 07-19-2020 at 08:21 PM..

Old 07-19-2020, 08:03 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump;58683246[B
]90% [/b]are wanting equality... 1% want to overthrow the Govt. if they could -and 9% have no idea what's going on but will participate.
Uh no. More like 9%. This is the black power movement all over again. Its all malcom x and very little mlk

Old 07-19-2020, 08:05 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
How to exploit catch-and-release!

The police need our help. They can’t stand alone. Don’t just sit by idly and let your country go to the ground,” Beatty said before urging people to vote for President Donald Trump’s reelection.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...released-nypd/

Why we have mayor's and governors supporting that Marxist organization, and get away with it, I'll never know. Why not just paint ANTIFA on the street, at least they'd save on the cost of paint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies