Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 09:01 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,201,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Look out, Portland, you ain't seen nothin' yet. It's hordes of moms in yellow shirts, chanting

“I don’t see no riot here; take off your riot gear,” and “Feds stay clear, moms are here!” Officers tear gassed them last night, but they came back tonight in bigger numbers.

Gotta love Moms!! "Use your words, use your words".

https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...vrAGXiIOFqWusw
are these moms blind they cant see the riots, the looting, the destruction of property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 09:01 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Who in their right mind is upset that agents are trying to stop the destruction, arson, looting and mayhem? Cuckoo. Tds has obviously mutated into full blown mental breakdown.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:03 AM

11,829 posts, read 5,811,315 times
Quote:
Look out, Portland, you ain't seen nothin' yet. It's hordes of moms in yellow shirts, chanting

“I don’t see no riot here; take off your riot gear,” and “Feds stay clear, moms are here!” Officers tear gassed them last night, but they came back tonight in bigger numbers.

Gotta love Moms!! "Use your words, use your words".

https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...vrAGXiIOFqWusw
There comes a time when it's no longer about Trump or politics but about the safety of people. At your age Clara I'm surprised that you condone this. We've been through enough riots in our lifetime and nothing good comes of them because the original protest messages are lost - just like what has happened here. You are obviously in a secure neighborhood and haven't experienced the crime and inconvenience this has caused.

Everyone thinks it can't happen to them but God forbid if you have a medical emergency or home invasion and the authorities can't get through to help you. I'll pray for you but I know others that would say you got what you deserved.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:05 AM

10,185 posts, read 11,171,567 times
They are protesting, while their Kids are rioting...

Old 07-20-2020, 09:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
There comes a time when it's no longer about Trump or politics but about the safety of people. At your age Clara I'm surprised that you condone this. We've been through enough riots in our lifetime and nothing good comes of them because the original protest messages are lost - just like what has happened here. You are obviously in a secure neighborhood and haven't experienced the crime and inconvenience this has caused.

Everyone thinks it can't happen to them but God forbid if you have a medical emergency or home invasion and the authorities can't get through to help you. I'll pray for you but I know others that would say you got what you deserved.
I'm absolutely thrilled with this.

THIS is the way to get this shut down. Send in the moms, everyone will go back home. The genius of it is they are wearing very bright yellow shirts, so they can be seen as one unit, and rioters will be unlikely to target them.

I don't know - we'll see. Might not work. Might work amazingly quickly.

And for those who want the rioting to stop, why does this anger so many of you?

Old 07-20-2020, 09:11 AM

7,942 posts, read 3,481,892 times
Most of them are just regular Portland loony leftist antifa types who wrote mommy on their t-shirts. Nothing profound going on here.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:16 AM

19,656 posts, read 12,248,543 times
I don't get it. They are just other protesters thwarting the police. Sounds like a wall of angry "Karens". Nothing to see here.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:16 AM

8,182 posts, read 6,934,946 times
lol. 'Put the women first to use as human shields!"
Sounds about right coming from this crowd.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:20 AM

174 posts, read 61,337 times
Quote:

And for those who want the rioting to stop, why does this anger so many of you?
Because I like living in a functioning society where the rule of law is enforced,

Because I don't like once beautiful cities like Seattle and Portland looking like 3rd world hell holes.

Because violence does not solve problems, it only engenders more violence.

Because more people have been injured and killed in the protests to stop police violence than have been caused by bad police officers over several years.

The bigger question is why DOESN'T it anger you?
I really fail to see any humor in this at all.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times
So this reminds me of a problem we had at the local middle school. It became a tradition for a couple years that the girls, on the last day of school, would be driven from the school in limousines. About a month before the last day, these groups of girls would be jockeying each other for who would be in whose limo, with of course a few token very popular boys. There'd be crying girls, moms renting limos for their daughters but no girls wanted to be in that one, etc.

It was absolutely outrageous.

So the principal said this year on the last day of school, limos are certainly allowed, that's absolutely fine, but because of the amount of space they consume in the car rider line, they won't be allowed into the parking lot until a half hour after school lets out. Effectively denying these twits their desired audience of the all the envious kids who weren't in a limo.

How genius is that?

Creatively solving a problem. Without a direct conflict, and appearing to be fair-minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies