Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 07:11 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Ha-ha. I was watching the news, and the program was on how to play tennis safely amid COVID. The instructions were clear, and flashed across the screen in case you missed it:

"Don't touch other people's balls!"
Oh my goodness!. Homophobia in tennis? Say it isn’t so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 07:11 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Exactly. As if I need players from the National Felon League Preaching to me about anything. Think I’ll take a knee during their black anthem.
There shouldn't even BE a black anthem! Whose idea was that, and why are they trying to create more division?

Old 07-21-2020, 07:14 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Oh my goodness!. Homophobia in tennis? Say it isn’t so!
I wasn't even thinking of homophobia. I was thinking that we women were being given instructions as to what's permitted and what isn't. Maybe no contact at all is next.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:19 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. (I know....OOOOOLD joke.)
I was watching a BLM protest and an NFL game broke out.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:32 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
What happened to agree to disagree?

Because players are doing something that you have a different opinion on and you don’t have to watch why would you totally stop watching a sport because of it?

Seems like extremists on both sides can’t stand anyone who has a different opinion then them

Grow up.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:38 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Because players are doing something that you have a different opinion on and you don’t have to watch why would you totally stop watching a sport because of it?

Seems like extremists on both sides can’t stand anyone who has a different opinion then them

Grow up.
That's not the issue. The issue is if you want to watch professional sports, being forced to watch and listen to a false narrative and accusation that people have systemic racism. So, yes people don't have to watch, but why be denied something they've been able to enjoy, purely for relaxation and entertainment but now with the injection of politics. It saddens me that I can no longer justify watching pro and even some college sports now.

Sports used to be a place where people could leave all their differences behind and enjoy something that brought them together in which they could relate and have something in common. Now that can no longer happen due to injected polarizing politics.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:40 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,363,072 times
Quote:

Grow up.
Because people watch sports to escape and as a distraction.

Not to have political opinions/propaganda shoved down their throats...

Old 07-21-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That's not the issue. The issue is if you want to watch professional sports, being forced to watch and listen to a false narrative and accusation that people have systemic racism. So, yes people don't have to watch, but why be denied something they've been able to enjoy, purely for relaxation and entertainment but now with the injection of politics. It saddens me that I can no longer justify watching pro and even some college sports now.

Sports used to be a place where people could leave all their differences behind and enjoy something that brought them together in which they could relate and have something in common. Now that can no longer happen due to injected polarizing politics.
You don’t have to watch the kneeling nobody is forcing you to

Put the game on first pitch and problem solved

Old 07-21-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Because people watch sports to escape and as a distraction.

Not to have political opinions/propaganda shoved down their throats...
Then turn it on for the first pitch problem solved. You won’t see any kneeling

Also the leave politics out of it people a lot of them would have no problem with a political statement if they agreed with it.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:48 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
You don’t have to watch the kneeling nobody is forcing you to

Put the game on first pitch and problem solved
So another thing I can't do? What about bringing people together to enjoy something they have in common? Why have polarizing politics injected to now divide them at a sporting event? You totally ignored that part of my post and went back to the just don't watch narrative. That's cowardly. I even bolded it, but yet you purposely ignore addressing that. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies