Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 09:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So another thing I can't do? What about bringing people together to enjoy something they have in common? Why have polarizing politics injected to now divide them at a sporting event? You totally ignored that part of my post and went back to the just don't watch narrative. That's cowardly. I even bolded it, but yet you purposely ignore addressing that. Pathetic.
Wtf are you taking about?

I didn’t tell you not to watch I said don’t watch the kneeling! turn it on as the first pitch is about to be thrown and you will see nothing and miss nothing.

It’s not hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 09:53 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,674 times
Maybe the MLB and players union should instead be discussing where Toronto is going to be playing their home games this season since they can't play in Toronto. Would be a more productive use of their time and not cause more division in the country.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:55 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Wtf are you taking about?

I didn’t tell you not to watch I said don’t watch the kneeling! Who watches that anyway turn it on as the first pitch is about to be thrown and you will see nothing and miss nothing.

It’s not hard.
Yet, you continue to ignore the true issue. Stay a hypocrite.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yet, you continue to ignore the true issue. Stay a hypocrite.
How am I a hypocrite? I saw the
bolded and am telling you basically to ignore the kneeling and just watch the game.. things change deal with it.

Like I said if the message politically was something you agreed with you’d have no issue at all let’s be real here.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:03 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I must have missed the day in Marketing 101 where they taught that a good strategy is to insult your customers.
Hillary Clinton was also absent that day. Years later, she called half of the potential voters "deplorables." Let the record show how that turned out for her.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:07 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
How am I a hypocrite? I saw the
bolded and am telling you basically to ignore the kneeling and just watch the game.. things change deal with it.

Like I said if the message politically was something you agreed with you’d have no issue at all let’s be real here.
Kneeling, now BLM statements on fields and uniforms, and how to I turn to the Black guy next to me in the stands and ask, How about those Rockies, huh? Due to the forced polarizing politics that is now the issue not the game. Now I am thinking maybe he thinks I'm racist. He's thinking, maybe this guy is racist or he thinks I hate him for being White. See??? Divisiveness artificially and purposely injected.

Previously, we could put all that aside and talk about the game, players, how good or bad they are, etc. We were two human beings enjoying the vastness of our commonality not our minor and meaningless difference in skin color. No more. Gone.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:14 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Sometimes you must give up things, even that you personally enjoy.

I had great season tickets for my local NFL team in the lower bowl, on the 47 yard line. Even when I couldn't go to the games, I could sell them for well above the listed ticket price.
When the fools started kneeling during the national anthem, I didn't want to give up on a sport I really enjoyed. So I hoped that the NFL would crack down on the fools.
Instead they capitulated to them, offering to give their causes all sorts of money. I told my friends I was giving up the tickets, and they didn't believe me. They said at bare minimum I should keep and sell them to make money off them.

They obviously didn't understand the principle I was standing for. So while most agreed with me about it being disrespectful to the country, military, cops, and the fans, they loved the game too much to give up their tickets.
So some people talk a good game, but when it comes to sacrificing something they like on principle, they are all talk, and no action.
That is how things slowly devolve into the degradation of society.

I no longer even watch the NFL on TV, so as to not support the league via viewership (which the cable box stats monitor to help to create greater revenue when it comes time to negotiate TV contracts and sponsor premiums).
The only time I ever see it, is when I am in a sports bar, but even then, I am not going there to watch the games.
Frankly I thought I would miss it much more than I do.
Now I have gotten to the point I don't know who is the QB for half the teams, what their record is, etc.
To hell with them.

`
I greatly respect you for your stand, sir.

I will freely admit that this is easy for me. I have absolutely zero interest in professional sports; I don't care now, I never have cared in the past, and I highly doubt that I will ever care in the future. So for me to "give up" something that I've forsaken my entire life is just about the easiest thing that it's possible to do.

But I do realize that there are many people who are passionately interested in one or more sports. I know how much joy it brings them to watch the games and root for their teams and follow the stats and bond with fellow fans and everything else that goes into it. So for such a person, such as yourself, to give up something you love, for a higher principle, speaks very highly of you.

My hope is that enough people will follow your example that it will hit them where it hurts -- in their wallets. Let the owners see that large sections of their fan base do not want to be lectured, or hectored, and that they will vote with their feet. Let us hope that this will cause sanity to return, and that the owners will decide to leave politics out of it and just play the game. And let us hope that someday, you will be able to return to the game you love(d), with a clear conscience.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Kneeling, now BLM statements on fields and uniforms, and how to I turn to the Black guy next to me in the stands and ask, How about those Rockies, huh? Due to the forced polarizing politics that is now the issue not the game. Now I am thinking maybe he thinks I'm racist. He's thinking, maybe this guy is racist or he thinks I hate him for being White. See??? Divisiveness artificially and purposely injected.

Previously, we could put all that aside and talk about the game, players, how good or bad they are, etc. We were two human beings enjoying the vastness of our commonality not our minor and meaningless difference in skin color. No more. Gone.
First off you won’t have to worry about that nobody will be at the game lol secondly stop being a drama queen that’s all in your head

These players(not all of them) are doing something they think is a good cause you don’t have to agree with it but it lasts a few seconds and it’s over onto the game

It’s not a big deal. As I said you don’t even have to watch them kneel pretend it’s not even happening and just tune in for the first pitch like you normally would

Old 07-21-2020, 10:22 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,017,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I gave up on both the NBA and NFL a while back.
God, please don't cause me to give up on MLB and/or the NHL and force me to have to resort to watching golf or badminton as my only sports fixes.

`
What, you haven't been watching cornhole?

Old 07-21-2020, 10:47 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
What, you haven't been watching cornhole?
At least Cornhole hasn’t been infected by BLM racist trash, yet. The NFL and NBA should take 2 knees or get on all fours. Doggy style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies