Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 12:32 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoffey View Post
Nobody said that COVID-19 isn't real, just questioning how prevalent it is. I've known people who have succumbed to both of the above and many other COD, yet I still don't know anybody with COVID-19. I hope that remains the case.
Well, heart disease is like the number one cause of death, yet I never known anyone with it, let alone that died from it. I am hardly a recluse, I have known and still know a lot of people.

I have known two people that had cancer, two, yet cancer is also a leading cause of death.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,964,873 times
Do you even know what .000001% is? That's 1 person in 10 million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb108 View Post
1-2% my ******* ass

there are tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of people with mild symptoms or no symptoms who never tested. The real number is going to end up being between 0.1 to 0.5%, probably around 0.26%

and again, take out overweight unhealthy people over 60, the number dips to like 0.000001%...so why can't i do any of the things i love again?

Old 07-25-2020, 12:38 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB108 View Post
keep it to healthy people under 60 and the death rate is like 0.000001%

why is our whole life changed and things are shut down and people's livelihoods is sacrificed to something that's barely more than a common cold?

Is this just a government test worldwide to see how much they can terrify and control us?
It has been latched on to by the Demonic party because they know Biden will loose to Trump, so they want to suppress the recover of the economy to use it as a bludgeon against President Trump. This is blatantly obvious and the evidence of that is how the left argues so hard that we must stay shut down and we must wear a mask and all the other draconian measures that have been imposed on us by governors and mayors.

And yes, I believe it is a dry run to see how willing the masses are to forfeit their freedom when faced with fear of the unknown. I've believed this from the beginning, and more and more people are coming to that realization.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:40 PM

1,485 posts, read 955,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB108 View Post
Is this just a government test worldwide to see how much they can terrify and control us?
Let's not mince words here and call it what it really is....

It's The Control System.

The control system is bigger than just a few governments.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
The mortality rate in US is 3.4%

In Italy it was 14%

Facts matter.

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality...-fatality-rate

Old 07-25-2020, 12:57 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
All of this is systematically swiping away at Trump's accomplishments as president and what good he has brought and what he might do should he win 2020.

its all to defeat him in the election.

this is how i will know im right - when things die down after November election.

Also the cold weather will put a stop to the mobs.

if they were really serious about stopping covid, the Democrat mayors and governors would NOT HAVE ALLOWED the protestors. They made the excuse that they were fighting for the end of racism. But this was clearly not true, as the rioting, looting, arsons, etc clearly did nothing for civil rights.

You see them making excuses, this is a lame coverup for their real agenda which i outlined above.
So there is a small cabal of very powerful people that are behind all this. They knew the route the virus would take and when.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:06 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
And yes, I believe it is a dry run to see how willing the masses are to forfeit their freedom when faced with fear of the unknown. I've believed this from the beginning, and more and more people are coming to that realization.
I hope they are listening here but I plan on making them listening to me in November.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:14 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Let's not mince words here and call it what it really is....

It's The Control System.

The control system is bigger than just a few governments.
Who's in charge of the control system....do they have names?

Old 07-25-2020, 01:14 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Just because the media claims hospitals are overwhelmed doesn't mean they are. Hospitals are a for-profit business. If they are below 85% capacity they are losing money.

With the new reporting system the numbers have dropped drastically. Hospitals were basically claiming corona when it really wasn't just for the money.

We do know the mortality rate. It's around .1%.

Please turn off ABC news.
Not to mention (admittedly anectodal) evidence of hospitals being so dead that they are laying off staff, including doctors and nurses!!

Old 07-25-2020, 01:47 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The mortality rate in US is 3.4%. In Italy it was 14%. Facts matter.
The mortality rate is the fraction of people who tested positive and died. In the early days the death rate was much higher because pretty much the only people getting tested were people being admitted into the hospital. The vast majority of people don't get sick enough to go to the hospital. Which is why all of these mortality rates are completely useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies