Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 07:18 AM

10,477 posts, read 4,046,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...us_strong.html

More proof that anyone who votes for Joe Biden hates America.
Then he's saying the European invaders that defeated the Native Americans is what made this continent strong? Correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 07:34 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
donny's been hiring them for decades but you don't care. Anything to save a buck.

https://time.com/4465744/donald-trum...ented-workers/
This crap again???? There is no evidence or conviction that Trump "knowingly" had illegal aliens working on his properties. When they were discovered they were fired and they have used fake or stolen documents to gain employment. Of course you and yours won't fault the illegal aliens themselves, will you? Bunch of hypocrites. No one forces them over the border illegally to seek work where they commit the felonies of felony ID theft or tax evasion by working for cash. Trump now uses e-verify on all of his properties. Stop with your BS!

Old 08-01-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Then he's saying the European invaders that defeated the Native Americans is what made this continent strong? Correct.
Bad analogy. The Europeans weren't invaders as no one owned this country, there were no borders or immigration laws. Even the so-called native Americans weren't native to this country. Everyone had a right to migrate to this country hundreds of years ago.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:52 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Bad analogy. The Europeans weren't invaders as no one owned this country, there were no borders or immigration laws. Even the so-called native Americans weren't native to this country. Everyone had a right to migrate to this country hundreds of years ago.
We took land that we knew other people lived on/owned and held it by force. They told us it was their land and that we should leave, and we told them to take a hike. We even made treaties with them and granted them rights to the land, and then broke the treaties and stole the land anyway.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:53 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Then look at the greedy employers, not the illegals. If the employers didnt hire them, they wouldnt be coming here knowing there is work for them.
Very true, Harry. If they would imprison anyone hiring illegals instead of just fining companies that don't even feel the pinch - few would take the risk of hiring them and there would be no incentive to come here.

But corporate America will always be protected by both parties, so that will never happen.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:15 AM

Don't look at the illegals? Huh? Who forced them over the border to seek work and benefits here? They know what they are doing is wrong. They are just as guilty as those who hire them and both need to be held accountable. The employers are held accountable when it can be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens, they aren't given a pass! I guess it's ok that these illegals use fake or stolen documents to fool the employers many times? That's why we need e-verify mandated across the board. The Democrats won't sign one unless there is an amnesty attached to it. They would never go along with ending this PC policy only of deeming their kids birthright citizens either which is another incentive that brings them here. It is the Democrats that are the real culprits in all of this.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:16 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
“I’m Joe Biden and I forgot this message”

Old 08-01-2020, 08:28 AM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
You were never a rebublican and I bet you would never live in a place run by Dems. You would never last in places like Chicago and New York right now with what they have done to those places
I’m a registered republican. Always have been. You have to pick a party in Montana.

Oh and my wife and I grew up just outside of D.C. and I worked in Baltimore for years.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:42 AM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I’m a registered republican. Always have been. You have to pick a party in Montana.

Oh and my wife and I grew up just outside of D.C. and I worked in Baltimore for years.
That explains the mindset. So you fled liberal hellholes and are now trying to ruin Montana.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:51 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
The only ones who profit from them are the greedy employers who hire them while the rest of us get the shaft in so many ways not only in higher taxes but overcrowded conditions in our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods not the mention the increase in crime.
America is not a country, it is an economy. Illegal-immigration is good for the economy, in fact, pretty much all immigration is good for the economy. The United States has one of the lowest population-densities in the world, and if we want to remain competitive against the growing Chinese behemoth, the best way to do that it is to grow our domestic population. If we had a billion people, we would be much much stronger than we are now.

Quote:
They sicken me to no end!
The whole world sickens me, but what are you going to do about it? If immigration was actually bad for the country/economy it would have been stopped a long time ago, and the 20 million illegals would have been thrown out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And ALL of the cost to the state from illegals is paid for in economic activity. Economic activity is more than just THEIR tax receipts. It's tax receipts from property that would sit vacant, revenue for jobs that were created to service that additional consumption, local economies in neighborhoods that other people wouldn't live in.
All true, and that is why it is done, money. And that is why Bernie Sanders said that open-borders is a Koch Brothers idea. All these delusional Americans who believe that voting matters and that this is their country. The money always gets what it wants, and it has ALWAYS gotten what it wants. If you're still playing politics in 2020 you're an idiot.

Either ignore it or tear it down. Those are your only choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-k6qOfXz0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies