Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 07:37 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well what we are hearing from these right wingers is that apparently those Ivy League "elite" professors aren't so bad after all.
Yeah... If they can find one that supports their waited worldview. They can eventually find one to play the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Why shouldn’t you expand your mind and listen to differing viewpoints instead of remaining in an echo chamber that already validate your cognitive bias? Hmm....that’s a tough one.
Listen to yourself... It's confirmation bias to agree with the majority opinion on something instead of the minority opinion. You ever think that there's a reason why it's the minority opinion?

Old 08-01-2020, 07:43 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yeah... If they can find one that supports their waited worldview. They can eventually find one to play the role.

Listen to yourself... It's confirmation bias to agree with the majority opinion on something instead of the minority opinion. You ever think that there's a reason why it's the minority opinion?
Then admit it, you’re close minded. It used to be minority opinion that if kids got adopted to same sex couples, they wouldn’t be at an elevated risk for sexual abuse. I meant to say confirmation bias in that case, but my point still stands.

What is a waited worldview?

Old 08-01-2020, 07:50 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
No I thought like most mathematicians he could see white supremacist math a mile away. Math and history have a way of allowing people to first form an opinion and then collect the data to prove it.
He also goes as far as to suggest that the people who watched Mr. Floyd die that they "don't know what really happened," and they should withhold their analysis of the event until there is an investigation. Perhaps he should watch the video of the murder before he makes such a ludicrous statement.

Why are black people bombarded with black scholars who carry the white supremacist banner as proof that the black masses have it all wrong, when white supremacist ideology has never been moved to the left by probably 200 years of white scholarship as proof that they, (a small minority) have it all wrong.
You know you Leftist lose your credibility if you say math is racist.

I love how the Left when confronted with actual numbers then try to discredit the numbers by making BS explanations like above.

And no, we live in a society where the facts of an incident like Floyd are determined in a court of law, not just presumed from a phone video.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:55 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You know you Leftist lose your credibility if you say math is racist.

I love how the Left when confronted with actual numbers then try to discredit the numbers by making BS explanations like above.

And no, we live in a society where the facts of an incident like Floyd are determined in a court of law, not just presumed from a phone video.
Maybe we should wait until one of the rioters are brought to the court of law before we pass judgement on them, I'm in agreement with you on this one, we shouldn't be so hasty and even refer to them as rioters yet until they have had their day in court.

You should re read what I wrote or maybe I write above people's comprehension, math existed before there was race so it can't be racist.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:53 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
No I thought like most mathematicians he could see white supremacist math a mile away. Math and history have a way of allowing people to first form an opinion and then collect the data to prove it.
He also goes as far as to suggest that the people who watched Mr. Floyd die that they "don't know what really happened," and they should withhold their analysis of the event until there is an investigation. Perhaps he should watch the video of the murder before he makes such a ludicrous statement.

Why are black people bombarded with black scholars who carry the white supremacist banner as proof that the black masses have it all wrong, when white supremacist ideology has never been moved to the left by probably 200 years of white scholarship as proof that they, (a small minority) have it all wrong.
WTF is "white supremacist math"? 4+4=8, rather than whatever dumbass answer some idiot comes up with? Is expecting the proper answer somehow "racist" because it makes stupid people feel bad?

Old 08-01-2020, 08:54 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Those of us who have refused to go along with the massive lie* that gave the racist terrorist group BLM the impetus to kick off months of death and massive destruction have been pointing out that the myth of “systemic racism” (and the violent consequences of the lie) are actually hurting blacks.

In this thought-provoking piece, an African-American professor points out that the “empty thesis” of systemic racism is detracting from the critical issues within the black community that hold them back, and points out how the resolution to them are within their own hands. Given that it is a black man (and Ivy League professor) saying these things, I would hope that leftists will not attack him as a racist.

* Much like “hands up, don’t shoot” was false, it is equally false that police are targeting unarmed black men for slaughter. Both these lies set off massive destruction, and in the case of the latter, over a dozen deaths.

https://www.city-journal.org/racism-is-an-empty-thesis
He is implying that people should accept personal responsibility for their actions. That's wacists, doncha know? No wonder he's being attacked by the SJW and BLM hate mongers.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Interesting article. He states the same statistics right out of the white supremacist playbook. A black mathematician no less.
Statistics aren't racist. The people you support and your beliefs are

Old 08-01-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Still can't disprove anything in that article. Just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into the hole of denial. Keep it up, i love to see train wrecks.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:23 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
WTF is "white supremacist math"? 4+4=8, rather than whatever dumbass answer some idiot comes up with? Is expecting the proper answer somehow "racist" because it makes stupid people feel bad?
White supremacist math is saying police kill more white people, without adding that if you are you are black you are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by the police. If you would like I can find a white college professor to back up my position. Would you be more inclined to accept a white persons opinion? Because you sure think a black mans opinion should matter to me.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
White supremacist math is saying police kill more white people, without adding that if you are you are black you are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by the police.
hahahaha

" that blacks only make up 12% of the population. By breaking down racial populations it would appear black men are at a 3.5 times greater risk of being killed by police. But that doesn’t include a breakdown of violent crime stats.

Adjusted for the homicide rate, whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks die at the hands of police,” Moskos said. “Adjusted for the racial disparity at which police are feloniously killed, whites are 1.3 times more likely than blacks to die at the hands of police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies