Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 08:47 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't disagree with this.

Navy Seals are expected to risk their lives, continuously, for the United States. Of course they'd be angry at Kaepernick.

Of course they'd try to lighten up a training episode with Kaepernick in effigy, as a humor piece.

If we continue to make our military politically correct, we won't have an effective military anymore. They need team building exercises that create such a strong team bond that they will march into battle with each other, when they think they may all die.

You can't PC the military. Or I guess you can, and then we'll all die.

(This isn't like creating an effigy of a sitting president, this is a sports figure who has openly expressed disdain for the flag).
Disagree. The military absolutely has to be cognizant of its members’ behaviors. Letting politically not-so-correct behavior slide is what enabled sexual assault and misconduct in the military for years. The Navy already affirmed the conduct seen in this video directly violates military codes of conduct and ideals. It is absolutely bizarre to support this type of political display if those involved were active duty and performing official duties.

And if the canines were not performing official duties and were not SEAL members, then they must be reported to the state for a dangerous or vicious dog designation, and the owners must comply with all the rules of ownership.

This is either a matter of military discipline or a matter of public safety. It’s not a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 08:56 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Karen Kaepernick is a douche bag but the military is supposed to be professional and apolitical. They'll get fallout for this.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Karen Kaepernick is a douche bag but the military is supposed to be professional and apolitical. They'll get fallout for this.
The military has to create bonds within units.

The way they do that is not the way corporate America does that, with corporate America's little bonding parties.

I do have a close friend whose son is a Navy Seal, and this ain't nuthin! This ain't nothin. Hopefully, the Seals (who are the best of the best, the fittest of the fittest, the bravest of the bravest) can somehow conceal their ways of training that would GREATLY shock the rest of America. To create and train a Seal, you have to do SO MUCH WORSE than this silly party stunt.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:02 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The military has to create bonds within units.

The way they do that is not the way corporate America does that.
Would you agree that cops need to do that too? Most Americans don't have a clue what cops in dangerous cities have to deal with.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Would you agree that cops need to do that too? Most Americans don't have a clue what cops in dangerous cities have to deal with.
Yes. I would ABSOLUTELY agree that cops have to do that too.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:10 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Disagree. The military absolutely has to be cognizant of its members’ behaviors. Letting politically not-so-correct behavior slide is what enabled sexual assault and misconduct in the military for years. The Navy already affirmed the conduct seen in this video directly violates military codes of conduct and ideals. It is absolutely bizarre to support this type of political display if those involved were active duty and performing official duties.

And if the canines were not performing official duties and were not SEAL members, then they must be reported to the state for a dangerous or vicious dog designation, and the owners must comply with all the rules of ownership.

This is either a matter of military discipline or a matter of public safety. It’s not a joke.
Or, you could just read more than the headline..

The event depicted in the videos took place at the South Florida Shooting Club in Palm City,
during a fundraiser for the Navy Seal Museum in Fort Pierce, Florida.
The museum is not officially affiliated with the SEALs or the U.S. military,
but it lists several retired SEALs on its board of directors and advisory board.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:20 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Clearly you missed the point. These dogs were either a part of an official training exercise or they were not. If they were, then the SEALs absolutely have an obligation investigate because training canines to attack people wearing jerseys is breaking protocol and potentially places civilians at risk. If they were NOT part of an official training exercise, then they absolutely must be euthanized for reasons of public safety. Once you train the dogs to associate certain clothing, demeanor, behavior as cues for attack, there is no un-training them. They must be put down.

It is people like you and every single one who thinks this is just some joke that really put animals and the public at risk. It is irresponsible animal ownership and it is a danger to public safety.

This is not a joke.
Are you serious with this nonsense? You do realize that dog trainers all over the country and world train dogs specifically for protection as guard dogs for persons and property? Some of the bad guys might even be wearing jerseys.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:

I very often agree with your posts. In fact, most of the time I agree with your posts. I'm center, but sort of just left of the center.

But I grew up in a military family.

I went to a university that has a huge military presence.

The military isn't like the rest of us, hellopity. They are trained to reject their own survival instincts, and instead, value the life of others over their own.

THAT is some breaking down of human instincts, and creating other instincts.

And the Seals are the top of the top of that.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:28 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Lighten up Francis!
Line from Stripes!

Give the puppy a snack and a nike boot to chew on.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:28 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Is Karen his wife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies