Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 11:40 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman at jewel lake View Post
i hope those poor dogs can get the taste out of their mouth. Might have to lick their own butts for a while.
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Disgusting anyway you look at it. Just disgusting. No need to train in that manner. Wholly unprofessional and unnecessary.

Oh, so sorry...did we strike a nerve?

Yes, I agree.

There is no need to train in that way.

There is also no ****ing need to take a knee during the national anthem.

Sauce for the goose...

Old 08-03-2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Agreed. It’s animal cruelty really.

Looked to me like those dogs were having the time of their lives.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:47 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
This is exactly why I said these dogs need to be reported to the county or the local authority responsible for animal control. Most jurisdictions have registration and ownership requirements for guard or attack dogs. I would contact local animal control to make sure these dogs are registered and that their owners are compliant if these aren’t SEAL canines. If they are not registered, then I would petition the local official to confiscate them as they have been improperly trained and handled, and strongly consider euthanasia.

If you have any experience with training guard and attack dogs, you would know.
You are beyond a big government, total control freak. How's this. NO. Ok? Go back to Red China.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:15 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
The Left sics their 'dogs', rabid with TDS, to attack President Trump every single day and no one has a problem with that!

Old 08-04-2020, 06:15 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It doesn't seem to be an official training exercise.
"It doesn't seem to be an official training exercise"

"You should have actual READ the article BEFORE chumming in. Then again some don't find making fools of themselves. "The event depicted in the videos took place at the South Florida Shooting Club in Palm City, during a fundraiser for the Navy Seal Museum in Fort Pierce, Florida. The museum is not officially affiliated with the SEALs or the U.S. military,"

Old 08-04-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Clearly you missed the point. These dogs were either a part of an official training exercise or they were not. If they were, then the SEALs absolutely have an obligation investigate because training canines to attack people wearing jerseys is breaking protocol and potentially places civilians at risk. If they were NOT part of an official training exercise, then they absolutely must be euthanized for reasons of public safety. Once you train the dogs to associate certain clothing, demeanor, behavior as cues for attack, there is no un-training them. They must be put down.

It is people like you and every single one who thinks this is just some joke that really put animals and the public at risk. It is irresponsible animal ownership and it is a danger to public safety.

This is not a joke.
"Clearly you missed the point."

CLEARLY, you don't know what you are talking about. Making all sorts of asinine "assumptions".

Old 08-04-2020, 06:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Couple of guys missed the "quiet professionals" memo, eh?

Old 08-04-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't disagree with this.

Navy Seals are expected to risk their lives, continuously, for the United States. Of course they'd be angry at Kaepernick.

Of course they'd try to lighten up a training episode with Kaepernick in effigy, as a humor piece.

If we continue to make our military politically correct, we won't have an effective military anymore. They need team building exercises that create such a strong team bond that they will march into battle with each other, when they think they may all die.

You can't PC the military. Or I guess you can, and then we'll all die.

(This isn't like creating an effigy of a sitting president, this is a sports figure who has openly expressed disdain for the flag).
Typical responce from the rabid left on this,

They PRAISE the likes of BLM for exercising their "freedom of speech" but, Seals when OFF DUTY to raise money for the PRIVATELY OWNED museum is NOT OK when the message is something they disagree with!

Old 08-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Responsible pet ownership is a serious issue. When people like you think it’s a joke, it’s the animal that suffers.
This is how they train military dogs. Train them to attack on command, and put some poor sot in clothing like in this pseudo Kaepernick effigy.

I'm sure the guy is actually wearing the padding that's designed and purchased for this purpose. Those aren't pets. They're military dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies