Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 06:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
And everyone who doesn't agree is a filthy lying dog-faced pony soldier.
Or a victim of propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 06:46 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Even after all these months, you still don't get it do you?

Covid is NOT the problem - the problem is our healthcare system!!! It's not built to handle even a small percentage of Covid hospitalization.

We do this to save our healthcare system. That's the whole point.
I'm unaware of any instance where our healthcare system has been overwhelmed. Filled close to capacity? Yeah, that's happened. But we've had enough of everything we needed so far.

Does our healthcare system need serious fixing? Absolutely!! Trump is actually doing things to help like going after big pharma. Every other politician is to much of a coward to do it or it would have happened decades ago. We've got a lot of things still needing fixing.

As to questions about HCQ, your doctor is better capable of telling you whether or not it's useful. Either side seeking to make political hay out if the issue is completely unqualified because they're all more interested in being right and not whether you live or die. If you get the Chinese Plague, let your doctor be the judge of what's best.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:58 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm unaware of any instance where our healthcare system has been overwhelmed. Filled close to capacity? Yeah, that's happened. But we've had enough of everything we needed so far.

Does our healthcare system need serious fixing? Absolutely!! Trump is actually doing things to help like going after big pharma. Every other politician is to much of a coward to do it or it would have happened decades ago. We've got a lot of things still needing fixing.

As to questions about HCQ, your doctor is better capable of telling you whether or not it's useful. Either side seeking to make political hay out if the issue is completely unqualified because they're all more interested in being right and not whether you live or die. If you get the Chinese Plague, let your doctor be the judge of what's best.
I guess you missed the hospitals that had to order refrigerated trucks to hold corpses because the morticians could not keep up with them.

Your doctor should be using science based evidence to recommend treatment. Right now that evidence is not on the side of HCQ.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Hydroxychloroquine doesn’t treat covid. It just doesn’t. If it did that would be great, but that’s not the case.

Thanks for setting us straight Dr. Winter_Sucks. How would we mere humans ever be able to navigate this confusing maze without your wisdom and insight?

Old 08-04-2020, 07:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I guess you missed the hospitals that had to order refrigerated trucks to hold corpses because the morticians could not keep up with them.

Your doctor should be using science based evidence to recommend treatment. Right now that evidence is not on the side of HCQ.

How many actual corpses did you personally see?

Old 08-04-2020, 07:28 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
Thanks for setting us straight Dr. Winter_Sucks. How would we mere humans ever be able to navigate this confusing maze without your wisdom and insight?
You’re welcome.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:29 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So the government is telling you the debate is over while the people who control the flow of information use the full force of their power to crush any discussion of views that dissent from the official government proclamation . . . and your response is to fall right in line.

I'd ask if you've been fit for your Mao suit yet, but you'll probably be one of the people sitting at the sewing machine making them while singing praises to your overlord.

Funny that you used Mao to attack me...

When it's the Maoist/fascists/communists/right-wingers who always claim that the main stream media is not to be trusted and that you should listen to some obscure fellow fascists who somehow knows more than the scientists.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:39 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

So you're saying that they were able to get everything they needed and that they managed just fine. So yeah, I'm right. Did you have a point?

It's sad that a lot of people died. A lot of people are dying from the Chinese Communist Virus all over the world. But even if you had a good point about failing to move the dead, the dead really have nothing to do with my point. At no point has our medical system been overwhelmed and had insufficient capacity. Having trouble moving dead bodies has got nothing to do with that.

Having said that, there are many many things I want to see reformed and fixed in our medical system. I don't trust a swamp rat like Biden to get it done. I remember at work when Obamacare went into effect and a lot of people's insurance premiums tripled. That's not what I'd call helping. Biden pushing us farther down that same path doesn't sound good to me, and that should be obvious.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:47 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Parts of our healthcare system is breaking. Houston hospital was refusing to admit more patients just two weeks ago.

The fact that you are not hearing more cases like this proves that our shutdown is working. It's is stopping our healthcare from collapsing.

The only two persons that the market fear would actually go after big pharma is Warren and Sanders. That's it. Everyone else is just lip service. Trump announced some watered down plan to lower drug prices and the market basically laughed. Drug companies stock prices went up the same day Trump announced his plan.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:51 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
How many actual corpses did you personally see?
I have to actually see a corpse to know someone died? What a weird concept.

Note the size of the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJOtfXXVvMw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies