Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 09:44 AM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Exactly! Terrible, tragic, horrible things happen to good people everyday. People who by all accounts were wonderful, law abiding, upstanding citizens who were actually a benefit to our society, not a detriment to it. People who did nothing to contribute to or cause their demise. These are the people we should feel bad for. Not some tweaked out criminal thug who did everything in his power not to get arrested and hauled to jail. I can't muster a tear for him or Rayshard Brooks or any of their ilk.
No one is mentioning the people who died or were injured as a result of these cooked up riots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 09:49 AM

1,781 posts, read 956,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
No one is mentioning the people who died or were injured as a result of these cooked up riots.

Very true. Wonder why?

Old 08-05-2020, 10:00 AM

445 posts, read 168,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In 9 minutes, were they unable to use another set or 2 of handcuffs to keep him from being able to run? I’m still curious why the cop had a knee on him for that long. The part of him struggling inside the car was released long ago. I still question how 4 cops couldn’t control him.
Why aren't you bothered more by the media lying about him not resisting and all the riots they incited?

Old 08-05-2020, 10:28 AM

8,770 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Wonder if the pregnant girl, who George, held a gun too, beg and cry, like George did.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Keith Ellison will not reduce the charges and will lose in court because he’s not very smart and he’s a political hack. So when he loses he will just cry racism. It’s like I can see it before it happens.
I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
That Mr Floyd was speaking belies the claim that he could not breathe. He was posturing for the benefit of the cameras recording him. He was no idiot - having done hard time. He was trying to stack the deck to get charges dropped.
When my mother had a heart attack she complained of not being able to breath. I don't know if Floyd was lying, he was probably just super paranoid and freaking out from the drugs.

https://www.healthline.com/health/he...ness-of-breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The cops showed incredibly disregard for human life. Especially Chauvin. When someone is cuffed, they're in your protection. Placing your knee on your neck is not warranted in that case.
I agree. I don't think the knee itself or holding down Floyd was all that bad. What was bad was that they were completely indifferent to both the pleas from Floyd and from the crowd who were screaming that Floyd wasn't breathing. They never once checked on him. That is what is so heart-wrenching about the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
George Floyd was high as a kite that day and the toxicology tests prove it. George Floyd said he “wasn’t a bad guy” which is a lie because good guys don’t resist arrest.
Good guys always do what they're told? I don't know if I would go that far. George Floyd wasn't a bad guy, and he was never a danger to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Unfortunately I live in this city, and I am afraid for what will occur when these police are exonerated. The governor and two mayors are contemptible scum who want the Twin Cities to burn to the ground.
I love your "location".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Chauvin is (was) married to an ASIAN woman. Not sure, but...I don't think "white supremacists" like to marry Asian women. Lol
White Supremacists want to live with other races, they just want to be their legal superior. White separatists don't want to live within a thousand miles of other races. White Supremacists often see Asian women as more subservient than white women, and since their desire is to dominate, they seek out submissive women. White Separatists think White-Supremacists are a bunch of degenerate scumbags.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:51 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In 9 minutes, were they unable to use another set or 2 of handcuffs to keep him from being able to run? I’m still curious why the cop had a knee on him for that long. The part of him struggling inside the car was released long ago. I still question how 4 cops couldn’t control him.
You’re questioning how 3 cops couldn't control a 6’6” man high, paranoid, and hallucinating off fentanyl?

Have you ever tried to restrain a person on drugs that was almost twice your size? Good luck.

The knee on the neck was simply illegal revenge for the frustration and resistance, but everything before that was on Floyd. You don’t like police cars? Then don’t do drugs and commit crime.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Good guys always do what they're told? I don't know if I would go that far. George Floyd wasn't a bad guy, and he was never a danger to anyone..
When they’re about to be arrested? Yes.

Resisting arrest is just another charge they tack on if you don’t comply, and it’s considered assault.

You have your day in court to fight the charge for your arrest. A good guy won’t have any reason to not be granted bail by the judge. Even suspects of heinous crimes get bail, albeit very high ones so long as they don’t have a huge criminal record.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:59 AM

12,843 posts, read 9,573,647 times
George was going to die that day unless he was rushed to the hospital
Chauvin is a POS that needs to lose his badge. After seeing that video, he probably shouldn't be charged with murder.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:05 AM

27,572 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg41386 View Post
Sigh.

It’s ok to admit when a cop does something wrong. I promise, it’ll be fine.
Does not justify rioting in cities all across America for 2 months, and ongoing.

This has been 100% politically motivated by the left.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Cops hear all sorts of nonsense from criminals they are arresting, so when Floyd had already used the I can’t breath tactic it had less meaning later on. Floyd’s life and death were tragic. He probably had a lot to offer the world if he had made different decisions with his life.

As an aside, there a people on social media claiming the clerk never should have called on him to begin with? Really? It’s quite possible that was a minority owned business Floyd was hurting by passing fake money. Law and order is fundamentally necessary for a civil society. We can’t allow the thinking to shift even more than it has to let criminals do their thing.
Yes Floyd made some poor choices that were tragic.

He claims he had COVID (which he did), yet that didn’t seem to stop him from abusing drugs.

1. He made the choice to take fentanyl that day
2. He made the choice to acquire and use fake $20 bills
3. When called out, he refused to return the items.
4. He refused to comply with the orders of the officer
5. He completely squirms out the police car

These were the reason the cop just lost his mind and decided to knee his neck.

Take one of those options away, and Floyd is still alive.

I’m not judging Floyd on his prior convictions. He served his time for that. I’m judging Floyd on several mistakes he made that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies