Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 02:48 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,325,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Trump's father had Alzheimer's, and as far as we know, it could have been misdiagnosed FTD.

And from my link:

So, Trump is easily in the age range where it occurs.

Yes he does. Or, have you not been reading about his need to drink with two hands, his difficultly walking down a ramp, his awkward stance, his need to lean forward and clutch the podium while giving a speech, and his ticks, twitches and twists while speaking?
70s-onset is at the fringes of the curve.

Late-onset FTD is not impossible, but you are pushing the boundaries of probability. Even more so for his father, who was diagnosed much later in life. Affected families usually know of it because of the pattern of inheritance.

Ticks, twitches and apraxias like this aren't really the movement disorders you see in PD/FTD.

The PD/FTD stoop has a straight or flexed back, which is the dopaminergic pattern. Trump's is not the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 02:56 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
According to this guy here, Trump started exhibiting FTD symptoms around 2015, when he was 68-69. That would put him much closer to the most common range for FTD onset.

Old 08-08-2020, 03:07 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Trump's father had Alzheimer's, and as far as we know, it could have been misdiagnosed FTD.

And from my link:

So, Trump is easily in the age range where it occurs.

Yes he does. Or, have you not been reading about his need to drink with two hands, his difficultly walking down a ramp, his awkward stance, his need to lean forward and clutch the podium while giving a speech, and his ticks, twitches and twists while speaking?

Why are you posting something that goes against what you are saying?

Or better yet, why are you posting pictures that cannot be provided in a response (post 134)?

Old 08-08-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why are you posting something that goes against what you are saying?
Why are you asking a question that makes no sense?

Quote:
Or better yet, why are you posting pictures that cannot be provided in a response (post 134)?
You could always copy the photo URL and add it to your reply. I do that all the time. Or maybe you could simply refer to aforementioned photo.

Neither options are terribly difficult.

Old 08-08-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
According to this guy here, Trump started exhibiting FTD symptoms around 2015, when he was 68-69. That would put him much closer to the most common range for FTD onset.

So, tom is your source? Did you even read the link that you provided?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20356117

Quote:
Huntington's disease is a rare, inherited disease that causes the progressive breakdown (degeneration) of nerve cells in the brain. Huntington's disease has a broad impact on a person's functional abilities and usually results in movement, thinking (cognitive) and psychiatric disorders.
Huntington's disease symptoms can develop at any time, but they often first appear when people are in their 30s or 40s. If the condition develops before age 20, it's called juvenile Huntington's disease. When Huntington's develops early, symptoms are somewhat different and the disease may progress faster.

According to tom,

Well, you are a child molester.....

Prove me wrong....chuck....

Old 08-08-2020, 03:21 PM

I did not provide a link to something about Huntington's Disease. You did. The link I provided said:

"Separate from the Huntington's on my mother's side of the family, my dad developed & died from Frontotemporal Dementia- PSP. It's the same illness that Trump has. I know FTD well. Years of watching & living HD prepared me for seeing FTD. When Trump announced his run I had already been watching FTD for 6 years and warned people ... Spotting Dementia signs in Trump in 2015 when he announced his run, was easy for me because the sounds and patterns of people with dementia are so deeply ingrained in my senses. I knew Trump had FTD, and thought it was Picks or PSP, watching the food gorging stories and knowing he would start losing his balance and showing gait changes. "

Old 08-08-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Why are you asking a question that makes no sense?

Sorry you did not read your own link.

Quote:
You could always copy the photo URL and add it to your reply. I do that all the time. Or maybe you could simply refer to aforementioned photo.

Neither options are terribly difficult.

Yes, I did not provide a link when I initially responded, however, now I have. Are you going to respond to the link that proves you wrong?

Old 08-08-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I did not provide a link to something about Huntington's Disease. You did. The link I provided said:

"Separate from the Huntington's on my mother's side of the family, my dad developed & died from Frontotemporal Dementia- PSP. It's the same illness that Trump has. I know FTD well. Years of watching & living HD prepared me for seeing FTD. When Trump announced his run I had already been watching FTD for 6 years and warned people."

It was part of your link:

Quote:
Personally "at risk" to acquire Huntington's for decades- a 50% chance of inheriting it, until a genetic test cleared me.Symptom hunting has been a constant in my life. From my teens until the early 2000’s, I looked for early signs of Huntington's Disease in myself and people close to me. Some, like me, got lucky, others did not. It wasn’t a casual endeavor. It was every day, multiple times per day. Balance, memory, IQ testing, watching film, watching relatives, looking at affected people- you name it. There was no test available and I wanted to know the answer. As a result, I have a trained eye for the “microscopic tells” to spot dementia & degenerative neurological disease

So you cannot change the link: https://tomjoseph2.wixsite.com/website

Old 08-08-2020, 03:25 PM

This is what you need to know. The guy in my link was talking about two separate diseases. The FTD is the one we're referring to. Your insistence on focusing on his talking about Huntington's while ignoring his talking about FTD, is a diversion on your part.
Quote:

"Separate from the Huntington's on my mother's side of the family, my dad developed & died from Frontotemporal Dementia- PSP. It's the same illness that Trump has. I know FTD well. Years of watching & living HD prepared me for seeing FTD. When Trump announced his run I had already been watching FTD for 6 years and warned people ... Spotting Dementia signs in Trump in 2015 when he announced his run, was easy for me because the sounds and patterns of people with dementia are so deeply ingrained in my senses. I knew Trump had FTD, and thought it was Picks or PSP, watching the food gorging stories and knowing he would start losing his balance and showing gait changes. "

Old 08-08-2020, 03:29 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
He was scumbag sociopath then.. Hes one now. Mental Defective sociopaths don't change. They shouldn't be allowed in society PERIOD. They destroy it. They look at everything as a "business transaction". Not human to human interraction. Why are idiots in America so easily persuaded by one? Who knows. Probably because they wish they were one or aspire to be one one day. They think they worshiping the rich, they will become rich. LOL. Suckers

Chump was left 10s of millions of dollars and swindled his own family out of it. He didn't earn a damn thing in his life.

Theres no "mental deterioration" because he was never normal to begin with. He just went from Nuts to even more nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies