Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 11:09 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
We have had no problems with out mail order meds..
There are two things can happen. In districts not as hard hit by COVID to reduce overtime if the medication was in the last equipment worked and missing the scheduled truck dispatch time you lost a day.

In districts hard hit by COVID where there are no postal workers available to work the backlog the equipment holding your medication is pushed aside and waits its turn in line for when someone is available to work off that backlog. That process is about 5 days instead of next day in my district
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 11:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
DOD lost a Trillion dollars and not a peep was uttered by Republicans.

Yeah, you'd think they'd have conquered Saudi Arabia and Iran so gas would go back to 29 cents a gallon.

BUT NO!

Old 08-16-2020, 11:15 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Lots of posts by ignorant left wingers who have no clue what they are talking about, Trump is trying to save the PO and make it profitable again. The volume of mail and decreased drastically over the years as more modern ways to communicate is wide spread. No one sends mail anymore, it's email or text. The PO, over the last three years, has lost 78 BILLION dollars. It can't survive much longer at that rate. Trump is attempting to fix it but, once again. ignorance prevails and fools protest and work against him.

How is he trying to save the Post Office? By hiring the most incompetent Postmaster in History? By immediately degrading the PO's service? The Post Office does not have to be profitable as it's in the constitution, article one, section eight. Yes it's not as important as it once was due to electronic communication, but it's still necessary.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:15 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
The Post Office does not have to be profitable as it's in the constitution, article one, section eight.

Where does it say it does not have to be profitable or break even ? Why would we need to pay for postage if it didn't matter if it supported itself ?

Old 08-16-2020, 02:40 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Where does it say it does not have to be profitable or break even ? Why would we need to pay for postage if it didn't matter if it supported itself ?

So, if it's profitable, where does the money go? Into the treasury. Why not just keep postage as cheap as possible.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:50 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You know how unions have "work slowdowns" when they are upset about something? Same thing.

If you can get to the grocery store, you can get out to vote, in person.
especially if this election is tHe MoSt ImPoRtAnT oNe EvAr, as people are spouting.

Old 08-16-2020, 03:11 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
My prescriptions were dangerously late this week, like 6 days late. I take a drug that literally keeps me out of the hospital. I know Trump is trying to slow down the Post Office, but this is what happens to us when he messes with the P.O.. I think he poked the wrong bear this time. This is unbelievable.
what a crock.......Amazon is slowing down the mail ask any rural carrier what most of their loads are.....

Old 08-16-2020, 03:30 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
Most small inexpensive items one buys mail order comes via USPS. Even if sent UPS or FedEx they are handed off to local PO for delivery.

I hate walking around Walmart searching, so usually buy most stuff I can other than groceries via mail order. I have noticed a real slow down in how long it takes for delivery anymore. And small pkgs from China now get here and through customs, then set in some limbo for weeks with no updates in tracking, usually not tracked further until they make it to my local PO, if they make, had more disappearing packages in the mail since the pandemic.

And before anybody gets pissed off about buying from China. Its all manufactured in China or Mexico anymore, but depends how much you want to pay some middleman here in USA. Order it direct and eliminate the middleman that isnt doing anything for my benefit. Though noticing the amount saved is growing less. The Chinese sellers are learning more about bumping up price to sell retail. Or else the US$ just doesnt buy as many yuan as it used to.

Old 08-16-2020, 03:46 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
My prescriptions were dangerously late this week, like 6 days late. I take a drug that literally keeps me out of the hospital. I know Trump is trying to slow down the Post Office, but this is what happens to us when he messes with the P.O.. I think he poked the wrong bear this time. This is unbelievable.

So much is going on, that everyone but the truly dedicated are a little hazy on what all Trump is up to.

But screwing around with the Post Office? That has everybody's attention.

He did indeed poke the wrong bear.

House Oversight Committee scheduled a hearing for Aug. 24.

If Democrats don't make political hay out of Trump's Post Office nonsense, the Lincoln Project will.

Old 08-16-2020, 04:37 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Hasn't Trump made it abundantly clear through his words and his selection of a Postmaster that he wants to slow mail-in ballots? The only way he has of winning is to call the election fraudulent.
There was a big protest today at postmaster General Louis DeJoy's house here in Greensboro, NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies