Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 07:47 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I am 34. I am mostly a lifelong Republican. I don't agree with much of anything happening politically today. Instead, I wrote this.

The RNC has screwed up.

I want to be optimistic, but things suck right now, so I want to hear a cogent plan to get us back to optimism and prosperity. I'm not hearing policy specifics and items that will be specifically targeted to improve anything in the RNC platitudes. I'm not hearing the rational thoughts (of what I thought my party was) of A+B=C, but bastardizations of everything where we have no clue of where we are today or where we are going.

I'm hearing a lot of racial BS (on both sides - and it's needless), incompetence, and a complete lack of vision.

"Morning in America.”

Republicans who come to seed optimism and prosperity - those days are dead, my friends. It's time to mourn "Morning in America." This is the time of "American Carnage." We've reversed course from optimism to pessimism.
We have gone from a nation of limitless possibilities to one of considerable restrictions and unlimited fear.

My Republican Party is dead. That shining beacon of sunny optimism - it's dead and gone.

Today, the Republican Party is a portal to a hopeless ideology - “we’re the only ones left and we're the last bastion" line of thinking.

The reality of the situation is that this world will persist without Republicans, Democrats, Americans, Chinese, Russians, etc.
We'll be long gone,, but the Earth will live. Eventually, natural processes will rule. We cannot and do not control nature. Any casual attempt to do so, looking at COVID and without the benefit of rigorous, tested, demonstrable science, almost always blows up in our faces.

This Republican Party is in a dark place, far from the shining city on the hill of a Buckley and far from the America with a smile of Reagan. We no longer offer hope. We have no understanding of nature. To me, God, if it exists, is understood by and through the natural world and, as a people, we are ignorant to all of this.

Biden is just the other guy. Trump offers a poor choice now. If Trump pissed off guys like me enough to vote for Biden, he is completely, and totally, out of luck. It's no "pro-Biden" vote. It's simply a vote for "the other guy."
You should have watched the convention, you obviously missed a good one...

Old 08-26-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Trumpets just dont care about laws or rules.. that's the #1 reason why this guy has got to go!
Yes, it's Trump fans who are burning down America, the dems really care about law and order... Geeze..
Turn of CNN and watch the news.. You are lucky, four more years of prosperity coming up..!
TRUMP 2020

Old 08-26-2020, 07:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
You seem to be making up replies out of thin air. The Democrat mayors are not only refusing Federal help, they have their local police completely restrained while rioters attempt to burn down the local businesses and police stations.

The Feds went in to protect the Federal court houses, and they had to because the stupid mayors refuse to crack down. They don't want to upset the BLM supporters and rioters.

Expand your news sources beyond CNN. You owe it to yourself to become better informed.
I believe you should examine your news source as they are spoon feeding you false information.

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers Calls On National Guard After Police Shooting

May 31st 5,000 National Guard troops in 15 states and DC activated to help quell growing civil unrest

Quote:
National Guard soldiers and airmen have been activated for this situation in Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington state, Wisconsin and Washington, D.C.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:57 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Gotta hand it to you, it took you a while and required really hard work on your part, but you came through and were finally able to find something to criticize her about.

That staff was a fault not her. Don't be so defensive.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:10 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer & Manatee View Post
Yes. She is an inspiration to billions of people.
Billions. LOL

Old 08-26-2020, 08:11 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Billions. LOL
That *may* have been a minor exaggeration.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Has trump mentioned the virus and the devastation from it due to his lack of leadership?

Also, let me remind you that this is currently trump's America and trump owns the civil unrest right now. Biden is not currently in an elected position of power.
The virus is not in any way shape or form Trump's fault, everything that can be done is being done, except by the incompetent democrat mayors and governors.
Same with the civil unrest, the governors are the first line of defense, it is their responsibility to quell the riots, which incidentally are only taking place in Democrat controlled cities and states.
Once the govs can't handle the problems they call on the president for help. The governors in the states in question have made no attempt to put down the insurrection, if fact they are supporting the mayhem and hopes it will help poor, sick, demented pedophile Biden. That is why they refuse to ask for help, they want America to burn, it's in their master plan.. Just as they hope the virus continues until after the election. They don't care about America, only regaining power.

The dems and especially obama are love seeing the cities destroyed so they can rebuild America using the playbook of Karl Marx. Vote for Biden and you are voting for communism in America.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The republican party was fine in 2016. Hard to say if Cruz or someone else would have beaten Clinton we will never know. Trump has made the party a little smaller. A smaller tent filled with more loyal voters. Trump caught a few good breaks in 2016 and won because of that. But 42% approval is not bringing anything back. During Trump's term the house has turned sharply for the Democrats and Trump is likely going to lose the senate in November.

Its a mistake to think what Trump is sustainable once he is out of office. Trump is unique and his style of governance fits his personality its not a blueprint for the future. Only thing that will be left is Democrats in charge in Washington.
Trump has proven to be the best president in the last 50 years. Educate yourself..

Old 08-26-2020, 08:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The virus is not in any way shape or form Trump's fault, everything that can be done is being done, except by the incompetent democrat mayors and governors.
Same with the civil unrest, the governors are the first line of defense, it is their responsibility to quell the riots, which incidentally are only taking place in Democrat controlled cities and states.
Once the govs can't handle the problems they call on the president for help. The governors in the states in question have made no attempt to put down the insurrection, if fact they are supporting the mayhem and hopes it will help poor, sick, demented pedophile Biden. That is why they refuse to ask for help, they want America to burn, it's in their master plan.. Just as they hope the virus continues until after the election. They don't care about America, only regaining power.

The dems and especially obama are love seeing the cities destroyed so they can rebuild America using the playbook of Karl Marx. Vote for Biden and you are voting for communism in America.
^^^ We need a president who can take charge during a crisis, not throw up his arms and claim there is nothing that he can do about it.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:44 AM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
^^^ We need a president who can take charge during a crisis, not throw up his arms and claim there is nothing that he can do about it.
^^^Another liberal who doesn't understand federalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies