Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 03:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Anyway, back to RNC 2020.

I'm astounded at how easily it appears we have accepted a political party using the White House as part of their National Convention.

Regardless of what words Mrs. Trump said, she said it standing in the Rose Garden.
I think we can blame that one on CoVid and not being able to hold a normal convention, so we are accepting all kinds of things this year that we would have never accepted before - from both sides of the aisle.
Quote:
Also surprised, though I shouldn't be really, that Secretary of State Pompeo is speaking at all, let alone from Israel.

Who's next?

Barr?
Yeah, I agree. Not sure why they chose to run down that rabbit hole. I’m not happy with it. Honestly, I’m not even sure what they hoped it was going to accomplish, in the first place.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:12 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
Also surprised, though I shouldn't be really, that Secretary of State Pompeo is speaking at all, let alone from Israel.

Who's next?

Barr?
Sorry to break the news to you, but you've got ANOTHER surprise coming in November.
Clue for you: President Trump, 4 More Years!

Old 08-26-2020, 05:20 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
MAGA hat kid was good
I was looking forward to seeing him and he didn't disappoint. I hope he was able to get enough money from the MSM to set him up for life and then some. He earned it for what he was put through just for wearing a MAGA hat.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:21 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

Yeah, I agree. Not sure why they chose to run down that rabbit hole. I’m not happy with it. Honestly, I’m not even sure what they hoped it was going to accomplish, in the first place.
At a rally in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Trump said “And we moved the capital of Israel to Jerusalem. That’s for the evangelicals.”

Pompeo speaking from Israel, reminding evangelicals, ... perhaps that was the point.

Though I wonder about the wisdom of the Secretary of State giving campaign speeches.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:27 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think we can blame that one on CoVid and not being able to hold a normal convention, so we are accepting all kinds of things this year that we would have never accepted before - from both sides of the aisle.

It is one thing to record speeches.

Quite another to record these speeches at the White House.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:33 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You are wet behind the ears. I voted for President Ronald Reagan two years before you were an itch.

The Bushes all but destroyed the Republican Party and President Donald J. Trump brought it back.

But please don't vote for Trump. We don't need your vote.
And that will bite you in the ass. Your guy is polling at an all time low. You guys need every vote you can get, but keep on telling people he doesn't need their vote... that works for the rest of us.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:34 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times
Quote:

I'm astounded at how easily it appears we have accepted a political party using the White House as part of their National Convention.

Regardless of what words Mrs. Trump said, she said it standing in the Rose Garden.
Trumpets just dont care about laws or rules.. that's the #1 reason why this guy has got to go!

Old 08-26-2020, 05:35 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
well he wasn't high on coke, so that is in his favor.
It’s Hunter Biden who was arrested for crack cocaine — none of Trump’s children have been on drugs that we know nor have Trump’s sons knocked up a prostitute and denied paternity aka Hunter Biden.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:36 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I am 34. I am mostly a lifelong Republican. I don't agree with much of anything happening politically today. Instead, I wrote this.

The RNC has screwed up.

I want to be optimistic, but things suck right now, so I want to hear a cogent plan to get us back to optimism and prosperity. I'm not hearing policy specifics and items that will be specifically targeted to improve anything in the RNC platitudes. I'm not hearing the rational thoughts (of what I thought my party was) of A+B=C, but bastardizations of everything where we have no clue of where we are today or where we are going.

I'm hearing a lot of racial BS (on both sides - and it's needless), incompetence, and a complete lack of vision.

"Morning in America.”

Republicans who come to seed optimism and prosperity - those days are dead, my friends. It's time to mourn "Morning in America." This is the time of "American Carnage." We've reversed course from optimism to pessimism.
We have gone from a nation of limitless possibilities to one of considerable restrictions and unlimited fear.

My Republican Party is dead. That shining beacon of sunny optimism - it's dead and gone.

Today, the Republican Party is a portal to a hopeless ideology - “we’re the only ones left and we're the last bastion" line of thinking.

The reality of the situation is that this world will persist without Republicans, Democrats, Americans, Chinese, Russians, etc.
We'll be long gone,, but the Earth will live. Eventually, natural processes will rule. We cannot and do not control nature. Any casual attempt to do so, looking at COVID and without the benefit of rigorous, tested, demonstrable science, almost always blows up in our faces.

This Republican Party is in a dark place, far from the shining city on the hill of a Buckley and far from the America with a smile of Reagan. We no longer offer hope. We have no understanding of nature. To me, God, if it exists, is understood by and through the natural world and, as a people, we are ignorant to all of this.

Biden is just the other guy. Trump offers a poor choice now. If Trump pissed off guys like me enough to vote for Biden, he is completely, and totally, out of luck. It's no "pro-Biden" vote. It's simply a vote for "the other guy."
" I'm not hearing policy specifics and items that will be specifically targeted". Specifics are NEVER given in campaign speeches. How old are you?

Based on this post, me thinks you are MORE of a dem then repub.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:39 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:

"I'm astounded at how easily it appears we have accepted a political party using the White House"

Are claiming NO dem ever used the White House for political means? If so, you are either very young or very naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies