Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 09:44 PM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Lots of examples everywhere. Just look around bub.

Meh. The world is a bad place. Nowhere is perfect.

Too bad for you self-hating caucasians, there's no places run by people "of color" on this planet that are even a fraction as free, open, welcoming and accommodating to minorities as "white nations." No places that have given so much and shared so much power and opportunity with people who are not the majority.

This is something Americans don't often understand because of their myopic worldview and general un-worldly nature (untraveled, less likely to live elsewhere).

I will say it again: There is no better places on the planet to be a minority of ANY kind than in the US, Canada, western Europe, Australia....

I'm sorry you white liberals are so lame and self-hating. Must suck to be so self-critical and ignorant of the rest of the world.

Sorry to burst your bubble. America is actually pretty great, all things considered.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:48 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,787,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Meh. The world is a bad place. Nowhere is perfect.

Too bad for you self-hating caucasians, there's no places run by people "of color" on this planet that are even a fraction as free, open, welcoming and accommodating to minorities as "white nations." No places that have given so much and shared so much power and opportunity with people who are not the majority.

This is something Americans don't often understand because of their myopic worldview and general un-worldly nature (untraveled, less likely to live elsewhere).

I will say it again: There is no better places on the planet to be a minority of ANY kind than in the US, Canada, western Europe, Australia....

I'm sorry you white liberals are so lame and self-hating. Must suck to be so self-critical and ignorant of the rest of the world.

Sorry to burst your bubble. America is actually pretty great, all things considered.
We are in one of the worst times of America.. the Keep America Great line is hilarious in itself. Love the lines on the flags too..

I'm in Miami, you can't even count all the various ways people are racist here.. impossible to tell who is mad at who on a daily basis, who is yelling racist stuff at which group...

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
How anyone could find that inspiring is beyond me...

They all got up there, one of them CLEARLY on coke and talked about how horrible america is - THIS IS TRUMPS AMERICA right now, and has been for 3.5 years...

The stupidity of talking about how 911 will go to voicemail... OH PLEASE...

How is this uplifting and inspiring at all? It was nice how they skipped the female on the POW bench, mind you with no masks and sitting nice and close.

If that was night 1 I can't wait to see what a SS the rest of this is.

No one tonight spoke about what POSITIVE things he wants to do, it's all about how terrible it will be under biden. I feel like I'm on the 4th grade play ground listening to a bully pick on his victims.
Hmmm.... Just NYC alone, One Billion cut from NYPD budget and a huge rise in the number of officers retiring due to incompetent liberal city leaders. You think it couldn’t happen?

13,762 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Did they lie and say she was born in another country? Obama was treated worse by much of the Republivmcan establishment with the silly "birtherism" agenda. Presidential and vice presidential contenders always get attacked by their opponents and praised by their supporters.

That's the way political campaigns have been for a long time. I dont think she was treated real well, but I don't think she was treated worse than others running for President and VP in the past either.

I remember military hero John Kerry dealing with the 11th hour "swift boat" nonsense in 2004, too. Palin came out swinging. She had to take some "punches", too.

Do you think it was fair that people at Trump rallies said "Lock her up" about Hilary Clinton?

There have been politicians getting the same or worse treatment than Palin imo. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Do you think it's fair much of the MSM is doing all it can to help the Dem ticket? Yes or no it really doesn't matter because that's the political climate we live in today.

H. Clinton? F-her.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:49 PM

37,224 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Don Jr. should maybe check into rehab, it wasn't a good look to open the RNC all coked up

RNC needs to put on Tim Scott again, that guy could win it all if he runs for president
Junior's speech had "COCAINE" trending on Twitter a while ago.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Do you think it's fair much of the MSM is doing all it can to help the Dem ticket? Yes or no it really doesn't matter because that's the political climate we live in today.

H. Clinton? F-her.
I had to turn to CNN to get to hear the RNC, Foxnews wouldn't stop talking over the people speaking, yeah the MSM is really trying to help the Dems when FN wont even let you hear the RNC speakers.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:51 PM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
We are in one of the worst times of America.. the Keep America Great line is hilarious in itself. Love the lines on the flags too..

I'm in Miami, you can't even count all the various ways people are racist here.. impossible to tell who is mad at who on a daily basis, who is yelling racist stuff at which group...

All I'm hearing is a bunch of white noise coming from you. You speak out of no apparent experience anywhere else.

And if you're in Miami, you're not exactly in a normal American City. What you're experiencing there is a microcosm of Latin American prejudice and cultural hang-ups.

Bienvenido al futuro.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:52 PM

So is the GOP platform, "America is really a utopia, except for those Democrats who keep trying to mess if up." Do they actually have a plan to help people who are uninsured or underinsured with healthcare? Is there plan to fix early education to just give tax vouchers and let the market figure it out? Do they believe that discrimination based on race (religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.) is just made up?

Old 08-24-2020, 09:53 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Junior's speech had "COCAINE" trending on Twitter a while ago.
Only by ignorant fools.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:54 PM

I imagine that those bizarre roundtables with Trump were added after the DNC because Trump wanted to humanize himself. But they were probably the worst parts of the event if that was the goal. He managed to steer every conversation to be about himself and guide the people to praise and thank him. Their stories were glossed over, those people weren't humanized themselves and, really, it was clear none of them have ever met or spoken to him in any substantive way. The most "human" moment was that football player saying that Trump once decided that, yes, he would go on a vacation with his children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies