Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 05:22 PM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Tucker told the truth - the left hates the truth.
Tucker Carlson tells it like it is. Dems are afraid of the truth. Dems are afraid of anything honest and morally upright. They hate goodness and embrace everything that is morally sleazy and destructive. Dems are the termites of this world. They destroy anything good and decent.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Liberals are notoriously anti-authoritarian. I would go along with left-wing authoritarianism about as much as I would go along with right-wing authoritarianism. I see Trump as an authoritarian. What you see now is a reaction to authoritarianism and not conservativism.
Really? Forcing cross dressing men into the women's bathroom and calling the people of Carolina biggots for opposing is not authoritarian? That's just one example, these days you have to agree to 75 different genders, you're not allowed to challenge concepts of systematic racism. People are being told America is founded in evil and needs to be remade, I mean this wave of left wing totalitarianism is coming on like a freight train.

Ironically Trump is the furthest possible from authoritarian, he wants open markets for anyone to just keep living their lives as they see fit with minimal government interference

Old 08-27-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Tech Sr. View Post
Remember only a little over a month ago, this same Tucker Carlson called Senator Tammy Duckworth a "coward" --there were calls for him to be taken off the air then, so this talk of removing him from the FOX News lineup is nothing new at all. Senator Duckworth actually lost limbs fighting for her country and Carlson who also has been accused of being a white racist just sits there and spews out whatever he thinks will incite dissent from the majority public opinion. The public are right in being upset that blacks are getting shot by the police and their anger has boiled over, because it continues to happen, over and over again.

Tucker Carlson should be removed from the air and the sooner the better.
She is a coward for not defending the founding fathers

Old 08-28-2020, 09:20 AM

4,672 posts, read 4,984,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Tech Sr. View Post
Remember only a little over a month ago, this same Tucker Carlson called Senator Tammy Duckworth a "coward" --there were calls for him to be taken off the air then, so this talk of removing him from the FOX News lineup is nothing new at all. Senator Duckworth actually lost limbs fighting for her country and Carlson who also has been accused of being a white racist just sits there and spews out whatever he thinks will incite dissent from the majority public opinion. The public are right in being upset that blacks are getting shot by the police and their anger has boiled over, because it continues to happen, over and over again.

Tucker Carlson should be removed from the air and the sooner the better.
It's telling that you frame dissent, i.e., free speech, free exchange of ideas, as something dangerous. It's as if you put "dissent from the majority public opinion" on the same level as...I don't know, rioting?

Old 08-28-2020, 09:36 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,134,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
So now its ok for a 17 year old to go up in an area and kill people as long as its for "your side"?

I don't think it's "OK" but it is a predictable outcome in an atmosphere of chaos. If police are cut or not allowed to do their jobs, then people will fend for themselves, and it will be very messy. I'm honestly surprised it took this long for something like this to happen.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:39 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
when i re-watched it, i found out what he said. So i heard it, and i listened to the tone of his voice. he was speaking in a kind of tone where he repeated what some people believed and he made an ironic comment.. when a speaker does that, they are not approving it necessarily, but throwing out an ironic what-if situation i.e.

"if the people in charge don't do anything and rioters take over, would you be surprised when some citizen decides to take matters into their own hands" so its an ironic statement that makes you think,.. it does not mean he is endorsing it.. and that's where people who get mad at Tucker don't understand this kind of ironic statements.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/fire-tucker-c...031133753.html

If Fox decides to fire Tucker they can kiss their ratings good bye. And BTW...what did Tucker say that was so wrong.

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-...y-had-maintain
Most people seem to ignore the Cancel Culture including Trump’s use of the bully pulpit to boycott Goodyear, Harley Davidson, CNN, ATT, various polling companies and media celebrities who either have been critical of him or not supportive enough.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:05 AM

Kyle Rittenhouse fundraiser now over $102,000
https://www.givesendgo.com/GUCZ

Old 08-28-2020, 01:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Kyle Rittenhouse fundraiser now over $102,000
https://www.givesendgo.com/GUCZ
He is going to need millions.

I feel sorry for him. He was played by the right-wing propaganda and thought he was doing something noble, and then ended up taking two lives and probably destroying his own life. You hail him a hero today, and then forget all about him, but he'll be in prison for decades, or all his life, and being young and naive he will most certainly be abused by older inmates.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:05 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Some slept through their high school history classes. And show it quite well.

Yup! On display at every one of Trump's press briefings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies