Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 05:26 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
He is not a witness. He is the accused.
The operative word there is the "accused". Falsely as it seems, from the evidence.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:27 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
The operative word there is the "accused". Falsely as it seems, from the evidence.
Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

This forum gonna be fun, either way.

I got my popcorn ready. Let's do this Mondays.!

Old 11-14-2021, 05:30 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,734,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
The video shows what actually happened. You are correct that it saved his bacon.

Are you sad there was video of what really went down? lol.
Sad about the video? Absolutely not! He will be acquitted in court as he should be. BUT.....If this chapter in history doesn't serve as a prime example of why it's so important to steer clear of danger it'll be a total waste.

The last thing we need are a bunch of self-appointed "Rambo's" who know that if sh*t goes down in a dangerous scene, they can blow people away in self-defense and life goes on. The main lasting lesson should be personal judgement & accountability.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Being charged vs being convicted. Big difference. Nice smear campaign on GG though.
His misdemeanor conviction holds true.
No felony - expunged records per the court record.
KR . -- charged and on trial. We shall see if he garners a misdemeanor or a felony or two.
it may be a little of both. While he may not get the extreme outright 'Murder' charge, there's the possession , reckless, and stuff.

Maybe enough to placate both sides, giving each enough ammo so to speak, and have no clear internet 'winner'. And the boards will combust in a fiery epic thread again.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:35 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Sad about the video? Absolutely not! He will be acquitted in court as he should be. BUT.....If this chapter in history doesn't serve as a prime example of why it's so important to steer clear of danger it'll be a total waste.

The last thing we need are a bunch of self-appointed "Rambo's" who know that if sh*t goes down in a dangerous scene, they can blow people away in self-defense and life goes on. The main lasting lesson should be personal judgement & accountability.
If the low life’s that created danger knew how to act civilized, there wouldn’t have been any danger to begin with.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
.. they can blow people away in self-defense and life goes on. The main lasting lesson should be personal judgement & accountability.
This didn't happen yesterday.

This all went down during a year of riot after riot and nothing was ever seemingly done about it. Almost cheered on as peaceful people trying to get by in an already covid crazy time had to deal with this.

After months of this violent behavior it doesn't surprise me that people would get fed up and defend themselves.

I get what you're saying, we don't need a bunch of Bernie Goetz's wearing hockey pads, running around shooting the wrong people by mistake.

But this was not randomly roaming the subways. This was in response nights of a hoard of arsonist rioters.

Really, what do you do? Why should you lay down and let them burn your stuff?

Old 11-14-2021, 05:36 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
My point is you keep harping i am left or right dwight when i think the kid should see jail time.
Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
So how or where do you get i am left or right if i think he should get jail for 10 years?
Have you read your posts?

Quote:
Again he made a choice to go into a wild crowd with a gun when he could made a choice to keep his butt at home.

Thanks for proving my point.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:49 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,734,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

Really, what do you do? Why should you lay down and let them burn your stuff?

I would absolutely vacate my property if trouble came. The reason I would do this is because it could get violent and it's very risky to stay there with an AR 15. If I have to use it the door is wide open to god-knows-what. I definitely would have boarded up my windows and done everything possible to secure my property in anticipation of a riot.

In KR's case it wasn't even his property and he went there voluntarily to assume authority as a cop/medic.

Again, the only property that KR saved (if even that) was a dirty old dumpster. Does that seem worth the risk to you?

Old 11-14-2021, 05:54 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Since he was falsely called alot of nasty, totally evil things like a white supremacist by that stupidazz Biden...and the hundreds of death threats...what is going to happen to him to keep him safe? He is only 18, and the world knows his face. Will the feds protect him?
By the time the lawsuits are over, he'll own most of the city of Kenosha, WaPoo, the NYT, BSNBC and CNN. Oh-and the Secret Service will likely be reporting to him...

Old 11-14-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I would absolutely vacate my property if trouble came. The reason I would do this is because it could get violent and it's very risky to stay there with an AR 15. Even cops won't go into a dangerous area without back-up. In KR's case it wasn't even his property and he went there to assume authority as a cop/medic.

Again, the only property that KR saved (if even that) was a dirty old dumpster.
Truth be told, I'd probably vacate too. But that's a choice I have.

We also have a choice to stay and defend. Which they did, not just him. Which the Koreans during the LA riots did too. The risk is not up to me to decide.

The weak Mayors, afraid of the cancel mob, didn't allow the cop to do much , even with backup. Whole lots were torched. There was a call to defend. He and others answered it.

on a side note, I don't even think that was him that put out that dumpster fire, literally. Looked like some taller older dude. But GG still was equally PO'd over that and didn't help his disposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies