Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 06:46 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have 5 guns. I'm not against gun ownership except to people who shouldn't be owning them and high power rifles.

But like I said: He shouldn't have been there in the first place. He ONLY went there to cause problems.

Moderator cut: off topic
When people preface their anti second amendment statements with a "I have a small amount of guns...", that's like saying "I'm not racist! I have a black friend!"

Because you own a few guns doesn't mean you actually support the second amendment.

You saying he ONLY went there to cause problems... what exactly is your proof of this?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-17-2021 at 07:23 AM..

Old 11-17-2021, 06:59 AM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
But like I said: He shouldn't have been there in the first place. He ONLY went there to cause problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

You saying he ONLY went there to cause problems... what exactly is your proof of this?
What evidence was there of him wanting to be there to cause problems? The riots have been going on for nights. He was there helping out, cleaning up earlier, before that fateful night. He was there along with many others as a response to the riot because police wouldn't stop them.

While the other three thuggies were actively part of a riot, lighting stuff on fire. How is That not way more proof that They were the ones there to cause problems.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:06 AM

30,395 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
What evidence was there of him wanting to be there to cause problems? The riots have been going on for nights. He was there helping out, cleaning up earlier, before that fateful night. He was there along with many others as a response to the riot because police wouldn't stop them.

While the other three thuggies were actively part of a riot, lighting stuff on fire. How is That not way more proof that They were the ones there to cause problems.
Leftists want to burn down and destroy America so those that were in the process of doing that are heroes to the Left.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:12 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Leftists want to burn down and destroy America so those that were in the process of doing that are heroes to the Left.
yep. they don't even care if they're child-raping pedophiles. they see them as heroes.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:31 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
This thread is a perfect indicator that the court of public opinion has now replaced the rule of law in our country, and we are beholden to the mob. Even with the judge's instructions about judging this case on the merits presented, assuming the innocence of the accused, and asking whether the prosecutor proved beyond reasonable doubt that the specific actions in the case meet the burden assumed by the charges, half the people in this thread are ignoring the actual actions and focusing on why was he even in Kenosha, why openly carry a rifle in a state where openly carrying a rifle is perfectly legal, why not just take the beating, etc.

None of those subjective questions on the narrative address the actual facts of the events that resulted in two deaths and one serious injury. Were THOSE specific actions self-defense or were they intentional murder? Has the prosecution proven that Rittenhouse intentionally murdered two people and intentionally maimed another? Intentional murder is an initiation of force, and Rittenhouse did not, according to all available evidence, initiate force with any of the three people he fired upon. In all three cases, clear as day, each one initiated force against him. The second and third initiations of force happened after he tried to run away and towards the police. The evidence of Rittenhouse fearing for his life is clear as day. Self-defense, btw, contains two components - 1) force was being threatened or initiated upon you and 2) that force presented a legit mortal threat such that you have a legit fear for your own life.

What the government is trying to prove is not Rittenhouse committing murder, at least not directly. Nope, what they are trying to prove is that basic open carry is an act of violence. This thread has tons of folks claiming the same thing. Simply being in Kenosha and legally possessing and carrying a rifle was the true initiation of force. No law actually defines it that way, but THAT is what the government wants punished, not the 2 murders and the injury. Those are corollary bonus charges that inflate Rittenhouse's sentence. The compelling government interest in this case is making the keeping and especially bearing of arms to be considered a violent act that they can punish with extreme prejudice.

Half the country wants that to be the case as well, the other half does not.

I am almost convinced at this point that the jury will be hung, mistrial declared, and the government and their media lackeys will spend the next however long spinning the "simply possessing the weapon and showing it in the open was MURDER!!!" narrative. It will become the accepted reality, even if it was never proven in court, and the next episode of rioting will be just that much more horrific because the innocent victims have been told in no uncertain terms that because rioters are politically useful and good for the media, they and their activities must be protected at all costs, and innocent people need to just "take that beating."

Old 11-17-2021, 07:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
I sure hope the jurors keep in mind what will happen if they do convict him!!

This will essentially make the police and courts the enemy of both the right and the left...(as no American would stand by and tolerate someone to be sent to prison for self defense!)

This would be a major game changer.

Remember, "just doing ones job" has never been an acceptable excuse.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

This will essentially make the police and courts the enemy of both the right and the left...(as no American would stand by and tolerate someone to be sent to prison for self defense!)

If they make their decision on anything at all besides the facts of this case, that is a terrible tragedy. Our courts must not be run by those standing outside the courtroom or opining in the media.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:40 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Here is the defense's Motion for Mistrial with Prejudice

Old 11-17-2021, 07:41 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Seems the jury is still out.

So, this is not cut and dried.

Other people disagree with your opinion, that this is easy peasy to figure out.

There are others, who see it differently than you, and the others on this forum do.
The only ones who see it differently are those who haven’t watched the full video or the trial itself.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

If the leak from yesterday is true, the jurors are already fearful for their lives.

They know how "peaceful protestors" behave.

They don't want to encounter the same type of "peaceful protesters" Kyle did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies