Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 01:49 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Literally, more people are murdered by fists and feet than by AR-15 "assault weapons"

True, but when was the last time someone committed a mass murder using their feet? I mean, besides Bruce Lee.
No, ANY rifles.

Old 11-17-2021, 03:52 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The skateboard blow didn't do anything to Rittenhouse he got up and ran away. Rittenhouse looked like he was a man fleeing from a crime scene.
Irrelevant.

Look up the statute on self defense.

You are NOT obligated to wait until your attacker actually injures you.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:25 AM

3,157 posts, read 2,735,537 times
Everyone talking about the people who were shot up having criminal records. If Kyle had the worst record of the bunch I guess it'd be appropriate to find him guilty?

Old 11-17-2021, 04:30 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
What do you guys think the verdict will be??

Old 11-17-2021, 05:14 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Guilty of all counts i hope. But if i were a betting man i would bet he gets away with all charges.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:15 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,703,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
He is obviously not guilty from the videos and witness testimony. But who knows, we will find out soon enough.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:24 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Everyone talking about the people who were shot up having criminal records. If Kyle had the worst record of the bunch I guess it'd be appropriate to find him guilty?

Goes to motives and character of the attackers.

Kyle had no record at all.

Kyle is being painted by the Media and the Prosecution as the aggressor and besides the video evidence and witness testimony proving that to be complete BS......

The motives and character of his attackers is just another piece of reasonable doubt on an already huge pile.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:32 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
I want to believe the jury will acquit. I'm not comfortable flatly stating they will just because they should. Unfortunately these threats by BLM are effecting the landscape. This trial (by design I think) has turned into a referendum on the right to self defense the "bear" part of "keep and bear arms" and what constitutes a threat that justifies lethal force. The verdict will set precedent through case law nationwide. A guilty verdict (no matter the true reason for it) would mean we may as well just bury our guns and put plate steel shutters over our windows.

Riots will continue to happen, communities destroyed, people gravely injured and killed all with impunity. So long as the riot is happening for an approved cause. A standard that won't be hard to meet. I'm just baffled by the people who are stating a skateboard is not a dangerous weapon. C'mon folks...please. A little common sense goes a long way. It is not intended to be used as a weapon , no. But it bloody sure can become one. And Huber's use of the skateboard constitutes assault with a deadly weapon whis is grounds for self defense with deadly force.

A kitchen knife is not intended to be a deadly weapon, but if it is used to attack someone can anyone with a lick of sense say a deadly response to that attack is not justified? (sigh) Sadly I know there are some who would argue it wouldn't be. That doesn't change the facts however. Because something is not tought of or designed to be a weapon hardly means it can't become one. If you look around the room your in right now any object you lay eyes on could most likely be used as a weapon. Everything.

So the "a skateboard is not a weapon argument just doesn't wash. Huber turned his into one and attacked a guy with a rifle. Guy with the rifle responded with force and intent in kind, Huber lost the argument. Not complicated at all. But rational and common sense thought is not being promoted by those who want Rittenhouse to swing. They have an agenda in that with nothing to do with justice. That agenda is to see the citizens stripped of the right to self defense. Then to adopt a parlance familiar to most "resistance is futile."

Old 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Hung jury, it should be an acquittal though. There isn't a chance in hell though, that 12 people will be like minded. Just look at this thread, even after all the hours of testimony, people are still getting the facts wrong. And others refuse to see that 3 bullies, one of which is bi polar, were triggered by a young , soft looking, do gooder whom they considered the enemy. Those three definitely FA & FO'd.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:47 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
The chubby loser will walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies